• Hunchback 2

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • A slow death

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters
K

KO 864

kiwifarms.net
Obligatory Thread Backstory: Every thread about something to do with Disney eventually winds up with off-topic discussion about other films and the like. I do admit I am sometimes to blame for this but none the less it always happens. Furthermore, it seems likely that with the constant amount of Disney remakes, there will be more similar threads and thread derails. To cut down on clutter or at least cut down on off-topic posting. I am making this thread.

I'll start things off with a few opinions. My favourite Disney movie is probably Alice in Wonderland as I really like the characters and creativeness of everything. The songs are pretty nice and the Card March is perpetually stuck in my head. I'm also a big fan of Fantasia, Atlantis, and The Rescuers.
Out of the 9 Old Men, Milt Kahl is my favourite. He did a lot of work to develop the iconic Disney look and the animation work he did on Madam Medusa is breath taking, perhaps even better than what was done on Cruella.
While I do like the current animated Disney movies, nothing has really impressed me since Wreck-It Ralph and that was mostly due to being the kind of person who would eat the film up (early teen gamer who still kind of liked Disney). The last Disney film I really loved would be Princess and the Frog which is pure magic.
While I do really like the films from the Disney Reneissance I do feel they grew kind of samey and formulaic which probably isn't too much of an issue for kids movies. I really wish that Disney would stop leaning on that era for their current movies as there was already a decade of great films in the 90s and there's no need to rip them off, though creativity is dead at Disney.

I am one of the few people who really likes Home on the Range, somewhat for its sheer stupidity and antagonist but if I'm being honest it probably is mostly nostalgia due to being one of the earliest films I remember seeing in theatres.

So yeah, new Disney thread and remember as always download (15).jpg

Clop

kiwifarms.net
I like any cartoon as much as the next sane person, but I can't stand people who keep posters of Disney princesses up to their thirties and beyond and keep re-watching the damn things (by themselves - it's still amusing to watch them at a movie night with friends.)

100% related:

K

KO 864

kiwifarms.net
I like any cartoon as much as the next sane person, but I can't stand people who keep posters of Disney princesses up to their thirties and beyond and keep re-watching the damn things (by themselves - it's still amusing to watch them at a movie night with friends.)

100% related:
Some people are too obsessed with Disney movies and this is coming from someone who has all of the theatrical animated films. I think it's like that for any obsessed fans though. When a like becomes part of your identity or most things revolve around it you're just a sad sad person. Hence the thread's subtitle

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
There's nothing more disappointing than growing up on Disney magic only to learn it was built on lies. There's a lot of beauty and magic to animation that Disney perfected and still rings true to this day, and yet it saddens me that that's been taken for granted these days. I personally feel like these stupid "live-action remakes" of their animated classics are shitting on Disney's legacy; I don't know what the fuck is going on with them and whose bright idea this was to begin with (Iger had to be part of it, as well as the success of the Marvel movies) but it's killing the Disney magic. Which is funny because I guess it was always being murdered slowly since at least the 90s when it comes to the shitty treatment of their animators (in terms of the wage-fixing scandal). And that's not getting into the infamous fate of Kingdom of the Sun (even though I do like Emperor's New Groove).

I'm also still pissed that we never got to see the 2D animation of Frozen that was done before they said "fuck 2D". Lasseter said it was the best animation he had ever seen, so why wasn't it released to the public to show it off?

As an animation fan I'll continue to watch their animated movies and shorts for decades to come, but I legitimately don't believe in this "Revival Era" of Disney's despite what folks have been saying. All anyone seems to take away from that are the box office results and the exploding popularity of the new Disney princesses that came from it (barring Tiana, let's be honest here), but there was much more to it than Disney making money for why it is the Disney Renaissance happened that I honestly am not seeing with the current films. And I like Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, and Moana, but I'll admit that there's something missing with them despite their gorgeous animation (Moana especially).

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
I think the theme parks are enjoyable and an example of an area where Disney's still doing things right even if they're dropping the ball everywhere else. I mean, they managed to make fucking Cars Land, based on the most soulless cash-grabby Pixar franchise, the biggest reason to come to California Adventure.

That's likely to change with them being in the process of shoving Star Wars and Marvel in every park though. Disney's attempts to tard cum those franchises until they bleed have made me sick to death of them.

K

KO 864

kiwifarms.net
There's nothing more disappointing than growing up on Disney magic only to learn it was built on lies. There's a lot of beauty and magic to animation that Disney perfected and still rings true to this day, and yet it saddens me that that's been taken for granted these days. I personally feel like these stupid "live-action remakes" of their animated classics are shitting on Disney's legacy; I don't know what the fuck is going on with them and whose bright idea this was to begin with (Iger had to be part of it, as well as the success of the Marvel movies) but it's killing the Disney magic. Which is funny because I guess it was always being murdered slowly since at least the 90s when it comes to the shitty treatment of their animators (in terms of the wage-fixing scandal). And that's not getting into the infamous fate of Kingdom of the Sun (even though I do like Emperor's New Groove).

I'm also still pissed that we never got to see the 2D animation of Frozen that was done before they said "fuck 2D". Lasseter said it was the best animation he had ever seen, so why wasn't it released to the public to show it off?

As an animation fan I'll continue to watch their animated movies and shorts for decades to come, but I legitimately don't believe in this "Revival Era" of Disney's despite what folks have been saying. All anyone seems to take away from that are the box office results and the exploding popularity of the new Disney princesses that came from it (barring Tiana, let's be honest here), but there was much more to it than Disney making money for why it is the Disney Renaissance happened that I honestly am not seeing with the current films. And I like Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Zootopia, and Moana, but I'll admit that there's something missing with them despite their gorgeous animation (Moana especially).
In my mind, for Disney to truly be Disney you need a visionary pulling the strings, whether it's Walt himself or early Eisner medelling in everything, what's truly missing from Disney at the moment is a sense of vision above 'make all the moneys'.

Alto

Space Doggity
kiwifarms.net
These live action remakes make me seethe with how soulless they are. Disney has spent the last decade fully exposing just how money-hungry they are to the point where the sense of genuineness of the Renaissance era feels like a myth from long ago.

A mouse is supposed to be a cute and cuddly little critter. Not a goddamn SNAKE.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
I despise Illumination more than Disney, so anyone but them. Blue Sky should've been the one in charge of the Mario movie, honestly (and The Grinch, too).
Illumination created those godawful Minions and the Once-ler so I don't mean them doing a Mario movie is a good choice. The thought of a Disney and Nintendo collab just makes me clutch reflexively at my wallet.

The Shadow

Talk to the Hand
kiwifarms.net
My favorite Disney is always gonna be the Davy Crockett miniseries, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and the original version of Ducktales.

I'll always prefer Max Fleischer's jazz-drenched psychedelia and pitch perfect Superman and Popeye cartoons, though.

But fuck Disney as a company. Dated a Disneyland cast member at one point; I wondered if she was a neurotic, bullimic wreck before or if the company's treatment and expectations made it happen.

Last edited:

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
When the Maleficent movie was first announced, I was excited. I loved Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent is one of my favorite villains. But that movie was just a sign of things to come with the live action movie. The reception of those movies has been so lukewarm I really don't know why they still make them. Disney usually sweeps anything that doesn't get a standing ovation under the rug (Black Cauldron).

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino