• Hunchback 2

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • A slow death

Votes: 331 78.1%

• Total voters

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
So wait... the face just falls off or something? What even is it, is it an LED screen?
It's something called projection mapping:

"Disney has proved once again that they’re still the best when it comes to audio-animatronics. Micro projectors inside the AAs map content to a mold of the character’s head. The facial expression of Anna and Else seem even more life like than ever before. "

Glorious things occur when it doesn't work right:

MalWart

Alt-righty then!
kiwifarms.net
It's something called projection mapping:

"Disney has proved once again that they’re still the best when it comes to audio-animatronics. Micro projectors inside the AAs map content to a mold of the character’s head. The facial expression of Anna and Else seem even more life like than ever before. "

Glorious things occur when it doesn't work right:
The new Mickey ride that replaced The Great Movie Ride is filled with similar mapping technology, it looks downright trippy at times:

• Informative
Reactions: Trilby

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Visually impressive but not nearly good enough to justify the death of the Great Movie Ride.
They really needed a Mickey and Friends ride, though. Studio mascot, one of the most recognizable cartoon characters of all time, also one of the oldest, has been in the public mind since his debut, and it took more than 90 years of existing and over 60 of the parks before getting his own ride.

And hey, at least they were finally able to put a tornado in the tornado room.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They really needed a Mickey and Friends ride, though. Studio mascot, one of the most recognizable cartoon characters of all time, also one of the oldest, has been in the public mind since his debut, and it took more than 90 years of existing and over 60 of the parks before getting his own ride.

I can't complain there either. At least Mickey finally has a ride after so long.

Reminded now of the Mickey Mouse Revue from the 70's....

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net

Coulda torn down the Frozen ride or literally any of the other weaker rides to make that happen though. Great Movie Ride was one of the important veterans of the parks. Not to mention one of the few adult-oriented rides left.

Archeops

Whispering seeds of doubt into the ears of troons
kiwifarms.net
Coulda torn down the Frozen ride or literally any of the other weaker rides to make that happen though. Great Movie Ride was one of the important veterans of the parks. Not to mention one of the few adult-oriented rides left.
They’ve put too much into Frozen to justify tearing it down for Mickey, not to mention that they still wanted to keep the northern Europe theme for the Norway pavilion.

That said, I’ve heard that Mickey’s Runaway Railway is coming to Toontown at Disneyland. I wonder what we’re losing to help it fit. If they even THINK about removing Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin they’ve made an enemy for life.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
That said, I’ve heard that Mickey’s Runaway Railway is coming to Toontown at Disneyland. I wonder what we’re losing to help it fit. If they even THINK about removing Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin they’ve made an enemy for life.
I've wondered that myself. It'd be great if they didn't remove anything because right now there really isn't a lot to do in Toon Town if you're over the age of 6 aside from Car Toon Spin. But real estate in that part of the park is extremely limited and I don't know where else they could fit a large ride without going a far way underground. Or even a small one for that matter.

• Agree
Reactions: Archeops

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After what they did to Tower of Terror and California Screamin', nothing's off the table.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Trilby and Archeops

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Coulda torn down the Frozen ride
while I certainly understand being assblasted over Maelstrom's removal, I don't really see how a Mickey And Pals ride would fit better in the Norway pavilion

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm just gonna leave this here. Sideways starts losing his mind when Lion King is talked about.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, there’s this Disney singalong thing at one of their parks to the animated version, only it has extra scenes golf that Lefou guy bring the secret hero of the store, like making Belle’s dress, secretly helping characters find the castle, ect.

I bet this movie is why they did that. They want to make the now-gay character the hero.

Kari Kamiya

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
God is dead and we killed him.
View attachment 1176248
Didn't we technically have a half-prequel/interquel because of the flashbacks in Belle's Enchanted Christmas and Belle's Magical World?

If they want to adapt something into live-action, Enchanted Christmas I think has potential, but Tim Curry's fucking old, and a live-action pipe organ villain sounds terrifying for all the wrong reasons and the old CGI will look better as a result.

Tags
None