Votes: 18 4.2%
  • A slow death

Votes: 331 78.1%

• Total voters

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Didn't we technically have a half-prequel/interquel because of the flashbacks in Belle's Enchanted Christmas and Belle's Magical World?

If they want to adapt something into live-action, Enchanted Christmas I think has potential, but Tim Curry's fucking old, and a live-action pipe organ villain sounds terrifying for all the wrong reasons and the old CGI will look better as a result.
I think it’s about making Gaston’s sidekick into a hero or something. The one they made guy in the remake.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it’s about making Gaston’s sidekick into a hero or something. The one they made guy in the remake.
LeFou is a fan-favorite, sure, but he clearly cannot carry a movie/series/whatever by himself and they're delusional if they think a gay LeFou having gay adventures in gay Paree is going to work. There's a reason he's stuck to Gaston by the hip, that's how they bounce off each other. Gaston I don't think would've been quite the same without LeFou.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So they're not going to adapt a story about a manipulative and obsessive Tim Curry monster trying to kill everyone and make that story actually good, instead they want to make a movie about how Le Fou wanted to fuck Gaston...? It really feels like Disney only wants to give people what they think they should want rather than what people might actually want.

Last edited:

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
LeFou is a fan-favorite, sure, but he clearly cannot carry a movie/series/whatever by himself and they're delusional if they think a gay LeFou having gay adventures in gay Paree is going to work. There's a reason he's stuck to Gaston by the hip, that's how they bounce off each other. Gaston I don't think would've been quite the same without LeFou.
Yeah, but this is live-action Gaston, not the animated. The original was ironically less cartoonishly evil.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but this is live-action Gaston, not the animated. The original was ironically less cartoonishly evil.
My point still stands. LeFou in any version cannot be a star, he was not made to be a star and trying to make the sidekick the main star very rarely works out. Nothing about him is worth exploring, not even his supposed-gayness. Tumblr might gush over it for a week, but then it'll be forgotten and it'll go virtually unwatched in a dark corner of Disney+.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
My point still stands. LeFou in any version cannot be a star, he was not made to be a star and trying to make the sidekick the main star very rarely works out. Nothing about him is worth exploring, not even his supposed-gayness. Tumblr might gush over it for a week, but then it'll be forgotten and it'll go virtually unwatched in a dark corner of Disney+.
I wouldn’t have thought Olaf would be that big of a character, but apparently kids liked him. If it’s dumb and goofy enough I can see LeFou being a character.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Safir

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Didn't we technically have a half-prequel/interquel because of the flashbacks in Belle's Enchanted Christmas and Belle's Magical World?

If they want to adapt something into live-action, Enchanted Christmas I think has potential, but Tim Curry's fucking old, and a live-action pipe organ villain sounds terrifying for all the wrong reasons and the old CGI will look better as a result.
Old and not up to it. A few years back I was at a con he was appearing at. He could only do photo-ops and had pre-signed all the autographed photos. I bought one anyway to show support, though I never did attend the panel he did with Charlie Adler.

Anyway, who the hell liked the live-action Beauty and the Beast enough that we have to have a prequel series

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Or better yet...how about we just preserve the good name of our folktale rendition by not souring it with terrible prequels/sequels that nobody wants?

This just shows that Disney staff still haven't beaten the terminal brain cancer they've been afflicted with for the last few decades. At this point, I'd rather see a mature-rated adaptation of the source material instead of having to stomach LeFou, the Candlestick and Friends another time.

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
Normie families, braindead Disney fans/slaves, and SJWs who see Emma Watson as a feminist icon.

Not sure the lefou thing tho. aside from fujoshits on tumblr, the gays found him offensive and annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't the whole gay LeFou thing nothing more than a throwaway joke?
I remember when it came out some of the more extremist religious organizations attemptign to call Le Fou a way to normalize homosexuality for children.

But in the animated version it pretty much was and it was during the Gaston song which was completely about how Gaston felt EVERYONE should love him and want to be him.

Brit Crust

Most Fashionable Bitch In Tremorton
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't the whole gay LeFou thing nothing more than a throwaway joke?
To clarify, I was referring to the live-action remake version of LeFou. The character never really struck me as being remotely gay in the original animated version. And I have zero knowledge on what his Broadway incarnation is like.

• Agree
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
That's because Gaston didn't start anywhere near a full villain, he was just a narcissistic dick. And later in the tavern he had only elevated to a scheming dick. Only towards the end when he realized Belle loved the Beast did he evolve into his final form.

But I like it because it makes him stand out among villains. Almost all the other ones are introduced as villains up to no good, except for the really minor ones like the dog-hating aunt from Lady and the Tramp, or Captain Gantu from Lilo and Stitch.

Tags
None