Votes: 18 4.2%
  • A slow death

Votes: 331 78.1%

• Total voters

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1184874
Well, shit. In it’s entire history Disneyland has only ever closed but a handful of times: Walt Disney’s death, JFK’s assassination, and 9/11.
Apparently earlier this week Disneyland was crowded as fuck despite the rain and the worry about Coronavirus, even though Orange County is in a state of emergency over it. Disney World I know less about but it's a given that the risk will be even worse since it's bigger and sees more international travel to the resort. I'm not surprised they're closing the parks because it seems like a lot of opportunists are taking this as a time to travel cheaply and with less people around, even if the main concern isn't necessarily the travelers getting sick but spreading the virus further. Having the parks open is an unnecessary risk IMO since not only are people irresponsible and going to try to go to Disney despite being sick/the risk of getting sick, but it seems someone can be contagious even before they know they have it.

EDIT: They're not looking to close Disney World and my post might imply otherwise but they really should for the stated reasons.

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Disney World (the one in Florida) still says they're staying open, pretty sure the other parks in the area, too
iirc Disneyland has more local business vs tourists compared to World

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
They'll be closing soon enough too.
You called it. New statement
In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our guests and employees, we are proceeding with the closure of our theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Paris Resort, beginning at the close of business on Sunday, March 15, through the end of the month.

Disney Cruise Line will suspend all new departures beginning Saturday, March 14, through the end of the month.

The Walt Disney Company will pay its cast members during that closure period.

The hotels at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris will remain open until further notice. The retail and dining complexes, Disney Springs at Walt Disney World and Disney Village at Disneyland Paris, will remain open.

Domestic Walt Disney Company employees who are able to work from home are being asked to do so, including those at The Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Television, ESPN, Direct-to-Consumer, and Parks, Experiences and Products.

We will continue to stay in close contact with appropriate officials and health experts.

Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
You called it. New statement

It's eerie as hell to imagine those parks being empty during the daytime.

Hopefully some employee will film video of that.

Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I've been hearing rumors that there's a spike in ILI among CMs at WDW.

Anecdotal, so take it with a grain of salt, but WDW basically doesn't close for hurricanes so there's probably something up.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
Can you translate this out of cult-speak?
Okay.

I've been hearing rumors that there's a spike in influenza-like illnesses among cast members (that's what they call employees) at Walt Disney World.

Anecdotal, so take it with a grain of salt, but Walt Disney World basically doesn't close for hurricanes so there's probably something up.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Boy, this thread has become as lifeless as the parks. Might as well post this then to liven things up with either discussion for it or against it:

Kurosaki Ichigo

an approaching murder
kiwifarms.net
Boy, this thread has become as lifeless as the parks. Might as well post this then to liven things up with either discussion for it or against it:
I wish I could enjoy the videos from this channel more but god damn does the girl have some mush mouth autismo speech along with nothing of significance to say.

billydero

kiwifarms.net
I had just heard that the governor of California made an exception for Disneyland to remain open, which was a dumb fucking idea. Well, they did the right thing today.
I’m not sure but, doesn’t most of Disney’s gross income come from the parks?

I’m guessing there are going to be a fuckload of layoffs at Disney as a whole for this. I bet that huge Fox purchase is probably a source of regret now, too.

Just restarting the parks is going to be a huge task and while it’s unlikely they’ll go out of business - I wonder what it would be like if the Disney parks shut down for good.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Disneyland and Walt Disney World closed indefinitely
Goodnight Mouse Pride.
N01exylm-Js.jpg

I bet that huge Fox purchase is probably a source of regret now, too.
Without a doubt. That's what they get for being so reckless and overconfident. No wonder that fiendish fucker Iger jumped ship. Their arrogance has likely cost thousands of people their jobs, so way to go Iger...

Last edited:

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
Goodnight Mouse Pride.
View attachment 1205538

Without a doubt. That's what they get for being so reckless and overconfident. No wonder that fiendish fucker Iger jumped ship. Their arrogance has likely cost thousands of people their jobs, so way to go Iger...
Well if anything was sure to trigger a second wave of infections it'd be stupid people rushing to Disney once the parks were back open. They're right to keep them closed, I don't know how many people I've heard talking about how they plan to go the second this social distancing stuff is over.

Fucking Iger knew that anyone after him would be left holding the bag for his stupid decisions. Which is exactly why they have a cheapskate as the new CEO.

billydero

kiwifarms.net
Well if anything was sure to trigger a second wave of infections it'd be stupid people rushing to Disney once the parks were back open. They're right to keep them closed, I don't know how many people I've heard talking about how they plan to go the second this social distancing stuff is over.

Fucking Iger knew that anyone after him would be left holding the bag for his stupid decisions. Which is exactly why they have a cheapskate as the new CEO.
So we taking any bets on the date Disney is completely insolvent and can’t cover payroll?

Tags
None