Votes: 18 3.8%
  • A slow death

Votes: 364 77.8%

• Total voters

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You just know they're not going to reduce the ticket prices enough to match how many things they need to get rid of to enforce social distancing.

One of the things that was floating around was no parades and fireworks to avoid people clumping up and standing around. I assume all live performances and even some of the show attractions will be cut overall or at least limited.

At least all the queues will probably be virtual so you can wait somewhere else in the park but I doubt it'll be much better. If anywhere would have their employees up your ass making sure you're staying away from people it'd be Disney.

Yeah, I wouldn't go to Disney again until "quarantine" and "social distancing" are but a blip in the collective memory.
iirc the Magic Bands will be able to tell how close you are to other people

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Ciscoipphone

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
You hear a lot of people say that Doug was an incel in the show. He probably wasn't, but who's to say he didn't become one after he grew up?
Doug was a good natured enough guy that he probably got laid at some point.

So with the news that Disney is taking on another 11 billion worth of debt in addition to the billions they've already taken out due to the lockdowns, are we at the point that Disney might seriously be looking at insolvency and/or bankruptcy?

It's looking more and more like Iger blew through all the cash reserves and capital Disney had in reserve with the Fox deal.
Why the hell did they buy Fox in the first place? I mean really.

Imagine waiting in line for two hours in the 100 degree heat AND having to cover your face in a mask. No thank you.
Last time I visited Magic Kingdom was in September of 2015 and waiting in line outside at the Haunted Mansion, it was so hot it was honestly pretty miserable, don't like to think of doing that while wearing a face mask on top of everything else.

I'm glad I made at least one last visit to Disney World before all this shit went down, I visited the then brand new Trader Sam's Tiki Bar at the Polynesian hotel and it was very impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
>incel doug

No no, that's not a pathetic enough fate for him. The most pathetic enough fate for him is that the top choice for an available/willing woman happens to be his sister. With Judy saying some degenerate stuff about how opposing incest is but standards for the tasteless masses.

Syaoran Li

White Trash Degenerate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why the hell did they buy Fox in the first place? I mean really.
IIRC, it was done for two reasons we know of.

1. Bob Iger is a megalomaniac who wanted Disney to become a monopoly over pop culture and entertainment

2. They wanted to secure the rights to X-Men for the MCU since they were scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel for new characters to introduce in their shitty capeshit.

Due to some legal technicality, they have to wait a few years after the buyout to actually put the guys from X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU, and now Corona is wrecking everyone's shit.

It's kind of like when Vince McMahon bought out WCW but couldn't get any of the big name WCW stars like Sting, Goldberg, and Ric Flair because of the way their contracts were initially written, so at best you got some upper mid-card guys like DDP and Booker T to take part in the infamous Invasion alongside a few guys from ECW.

A third reason that was commonly speculated was so Disney could also release the original and uncut prints of the original Star Wars trilogy since they were partially owned by Fox.

George Lucas kept them out of circulation for personal reasons, but I could see Disney in 2012 wanting to release the original unaltered cuts of the trilogy even if just for the massive sales it would generate. But Disney nowadays isn't like that.

They're one of the most woke revisionist companies out there, even by Hollywood standards.

IIRC, The Last Jedi and Black Panther were both in production around the time Disney began any serious negotiations for the Fox buyout.

I don't think the Fox buyout was intended for any other reasons besides Iger's megalomania and getting the movie rights to X-Men

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
IIRC, it was done for two reasons we know of.

1. Bob Iger is a megalomaniac who wanted Disney to become a monopoly over pop culture and entertainment

2. They wanted to secure the rights to X-Men for the MCU since they were scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel for new characters to introduce in their shitty capeshit.

Due to some legal technicality, they have to wait a few years after the buyout to actually put the guys from X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU, and now Corona is wrecking everyone's shit.

It's kind of like when Vince McMahon bought out WCW but couldn't get any of the big name WCW stars like Sting, Goldberg, and Ric Flair because of the way their contracts were initially written, so at best you got some upper mid-card guys like DDP and Booker T to take part in the infamous Invasion alongside a few guys from ECW.

A third reason that was commonly speculated was so Disney could also release the original and uncut prints of the original Star Wars trilogy since they were partially owned by Fox.

George Lucas kept them out of circulation for personal reasons, but I could see Disney in 2012 wanting to release the original unaltered cuts of the trilogy even if just for the massive sales it would generate. But Disney nowadays isn't like that.

They're one of the most woke revisionist companies out there, even by Hollywood standards.

IIRC, The Last Jedi and Black Panther were both in production around the time Disney began any serious negotiations for the Fox buyout.

I don't think the Fox buyout was intended for any other reasons besides Iger's megalomania and getting the movie rights to X-Men
What's funny about the X-men/F4 thing is that Disney was really hampering the comics of those properties for years purely to spite Fox and not give them any 'ideas' for movies. Absolutely pathetic, of course, but it goes even further than that - remember the onset of the Inhumans? That was Disney-Marvel basically trying to essentially install faux-mutants into the MCU to get around not having the X-men and not willing to even negotiate their use like what happened with Sony and Spider-Man. Of course, inhumans ultimately blew up in Disney's face and I think the only places where they matter involve Scarlet Witch (who is an inhuman because of the whole inhuman/mutant switchero I just described) and Agents of SHIELD (where Daisy, one of the main characters, is an inhuman - I have no idea where that show is, I gave up halfway into S4 after they had the most convoluted bullshit to basically hand the Marvel version of the Necronomicon to the bad guy to keep the ultra boring LMD arc going on endlessly), but I digress.

However, even then, Disney easily could have just negotiated a partial sale to simply get what they wanted. But no, Iger got cocky and thought his shit didn't stink and decided to buy the whole thing (it's speculated that Universal/Comcast even baited Disney into paying far more than they originally would have and had no interest in Fox themselves), where I think the only thing that was truly gained on top of the Marvel film rights and Star Wars cuts was the Simpsons, which honestly is kind of amusingly ironic given how hard Simpsons have slammed Disney in the past (and those same episodes are on Disney+ no less!)

Duncan Hills Coffee

Pees out the side of his dick
kiwifarms.net
given how hard Simpsons have slammed Disney in the past (and those same episodes are on Disney+ no less!)
I saw they had The Simpsons Movie right there on the front page of the service. The same movie that has Bart wear a bra on his head to look like Mickey Mouse and saying in a high-pitched voice, "I'm the mascot of an evil corporation!"

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
I saw they had The Simpsons Movie right there on the front page of the service. The same movie that has Bart wear a bra on his head to look like Mickey Mouse and saying in a high-pitched voice, "I'm the mascot of an evil corporation!"
Its even more ironic because in the occasional YT ads I get on Youtube, you know who walks in dressed as Mickey Mouse?

Bart Simpson.

It's true - a human child could in fact kill you with a single touch!

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
I remember there being an outbreak of Legionnaire's disease at Disneyland around one of the times I was visiting. Even before the coofpocalypse there were lots of shitty things spreading (and Legionnaire's is pretty close, being a severe atypical pneumonia).

Disney's going to have a hard time going about it and I don't envy them one bit. They don't want their parks to be start of a second outbreak of the disease, but they have to reopen because they're losing so much money. A lot of Disney fans seem like the stay at home extend the lockdowns types and a lot of people who would go would be pissed about masks, social distancing, and no fireworks. I don't know lots of people who, all at the same time:
  1. Will want to go to the parks after this
  2. Will have enough money to go to Disney
  3. Will abide by the changes in operation, including wearing a mask in the hot summer weather (plus humidity for Disney World)
This is gonna be rough for sure.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
The fact that Disney deleted this song is a goddamn crime. It's so cute!

Apparently Kristoff was originally gonna have an actual plotline in the story that was deeper than "Has trouble proposing". He was going to feel like he wasn't enough for Anna/didn't deserve her because he was a commoner and didn't fit in with royal life.

Throughout the movie he'd have learned that he was enough and more for her and ended up adjusting to royal life in his own unique way, which I have to say would have been a way better use of Kristoff than repeating the same two "Tries to propose but Anna takes it the wrong way" or "tries proposing but something cockblocks him" jokes over and over again.

Reindeer Man was my favorite from the first movie. Homeboy deserved a better plotline than what he got.

Last edited:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I remember there being an outbreak of Legionnaire's disease at Disneyland around one of the times I was visiting.
I was there just last October, and while I thought the timing then was really shitty (the day I went was the day a million other tourists finally descended onto the park), it turns out I dodged a major bullet with plague 2.0. I can't imagine how awful it'd be to outside all day in a mask in 90 degree heat, and without any parades or fireworks (or laser) shows to take your mind off of things. And seeing as how they're trying to avoid lines they'll probably reduce the amount of people allowed in the parks since social distancing is still pretty much impossible even without lines, parades, and fireworks.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
Further proof that Zombie Simpsons can't hold a kettle to Golden Era episodes:

Tags
None