• Hunchback 2

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • A slow death

Votes: 364 77.8%

• Total voters

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
How the hell is that gonna work? All the Disney characters are animated, what, are they gonna bring Emma Watson to play Belle again, or is it gonna be some cheap Roger Rabbit-esque gimmick?

Plus I'd love to see what the hell the new writers could make out of the complicated story.

Either make it animated or can it. Live action sounds like it could be a disaster.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Pees out the side of his dick
kiwifarms.net
Plus I'd love to see what the hell the new writers could make out of the complicated story.
Considering they'd have to narrow it down from a 40-50 hour game to around 20-30 hours, they'd have to streamline the hell out of the story, which would actually work in the story's favor. The biggest problem with the games has always been the obscenely padded exposition consisting of meaningless words. To have that fit into a TV series, they'd have to simplify all of that to something more digestible, which would be an improvement more than anything.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember there being an outbreak of Legionnaire's disease at Disneyland around one of the times I was visiting. Even before the coofpocalypse there were lots of shitty things spreading (and Legionnaire's is pretty close, being a severe atypical pneumonia).

Disney's going to have a hard time going about it and I don't envy them one bit. They don't want their parks to be start of a second outbreak of the disease, but they have to reopen because they're losing so much money. A lot of Disney fans seem like the stay at home extend the lockdowns types and a lot of people who would go would be pissed about masks, social distancing, and no fireworks. I don't know lots of people who, all at the same time:
  1. Will want to go to the parks after this
  2. Will have enough money to go to Disney
  3. Will abide by the changes in operation, including wearing a mask in the hot summer weather (plus humidity for Disney World)
This is gonna be rough for sure.
I see the reasoning to the theory, but iirc Shanghai is already having to turn people away for hitting capacity.
I was out at one of the I Drive outlets yesterday and it obviously wasn't packed but there was definitely people, steady stream of walk in take out customers at the fast food joint I went to around there, too.
I wouldn't be shocked if when WDW opens the parks up they have to turn people away for a while because they hit the lowered capacity max.

Reactions: TchPiKinmup

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
remember when disney was associated with animation?
If only it stayed that way. *sigh*
Trying to expand the Disney brand beyond animation has been happening ever since Walt Disney was alive so this is not a recent phenomenon.

There were a few posts about the Fox acquisition earlier. I don’t think anyone pointed out a couple of important factors. The reason why the price was so high was that Disney was briefly in a bidding war with another company. They ended up paying nearly $20 billion more than they had originally offered. Also, the Fox acquisition secured a bunch of programming for Disney+, including things that might bring in subscribers who would not necessarily be interested in Disney shows. That’s why The Simpsons have been featured so heavily in the marketing and is constantly trending there. People are putting too much thought into thinking it had to do with X-men. You don’t spend $70 billion for a franchise that has never broken $250 million domestic.

• Agree
Reactions: billydero

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
To be honest, a TV show that took on the style of whatever world they were in would be kinda awesome. Like, you've got the old-school style for Sleeping Beauty, the more Don Bluth one in the 80s and early 90s, moving to live-action with Pirates of the Caribbean and 3D with Monsters Inc. and shit. That would be fun and cool for kids, since they could see how Disney movies changed over time!

We're gonna get some child actor rambling about Xehanort for 30 minutes.

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
Trying to expand the Disney brand beyond animation has been happening ever since Walt Disney was alive so this is not a recent phenomenon.
of course, but even way back when, they still did animation too
and the live action movies they did were not rehashes... at least as far as i can remember

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They should just go the way of motion-capture like The Spirits Within. But they won't because it's still animation despite the life-like graphics that was revolutionary at the time and made actors shit themselves in fear of being replaced.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Peru oso donas

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
They should just go the way of motion-capture like The Spirits Within. But they won't because it's still animation despite the life-like graphics that was revolutionary at the time and made actors shit themselves in fear of being replaced.
Just imagine how much more they would have shit themselves had the movie been any good?

• Agree
Reactions: Peru oso donas

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just imagine how much more they would have shit themselves had the movie been any good?
It's a decent sci-fi flick, it's just a bad Final Fantasy movie because it has nothing to do with Final Fantasy. It bombed for being too niche even for its target audience, but still manages to be a bullet-point on animation history that I believe led to Avatar perfecting it.

But I think motion-capture photorealistic animation was going to happen anyway with or without The Spirits Within. That's just how technology works.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
you know what's funny about disney? for all their woke and creativity-sapped live action remakes, afaik they still don't let fag couplings appear (Good Luck Charlie, Charlie's friend had two moms, episode was banned). So I guess at least they're consistent.

Reactions: GrayWater

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
friend of a friend of a friend says internally they're bouncing around June 15 for soft open at MK

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Soft open?
usually means opening but not really advertising it, and with the caveat it may shut down at any moment, like when they make sure the new ride is ready for prime time
sometimes means cast and family as guinea pigs instead of random guests

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
I see the reasoning to the theory, but iirc Shanghai is already having to turn people away for hitting capacity.
I was out at one of the I Drive outlets yesterday and it obviously wasn't packed but there was definitely people, steady stream of walk in take out customers at the fast food joint I went to around there, too.
I wouldn't be shocked if when WDW opens the parks up they have to turn people away for a while because they hit the lowered capacity max.
I heard they were planning a phased reopening where the park will only be open to Florida locals at first. That might be part of the soft reopening plan, since it won't be truly open to everyone outside the state.

Tags
None