Votes: 18 3.8%
  • A slow death

Votes: 364 77.8%

• Total voters

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You were not there when they debuted the walk around character costume of Sora.

It was stolen years later, probably the same person who made off with Buzzy.
I wonder what other suits wandered off over the years?
Was the Buzzy guy the one who got caught with the Haunted Mansion stuff?
Also I recall confusion early on if it was Buzzy or just his clothes, was it confirmed the whole AA?

jellycar

Now featuring 100% more Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
The fact that Disney deleted this song is a goddamn crime. It's so cute!

Apparently Kristoff was originally gonna have an actual plotline in the story that was deeper than "Has trouble proposing". He was going to feel like he wasn't enough for Anna/didn't deserve her because he was a commoner and didn't fit in with royal life.

Throughout the movie he'd have learned that he was enough and more for her and ended up adjusting to royal life in his own unique way, which I have to say would have been a way better use of Kristoff than repeating the same two "Tries to propose but Anna takes it the wrong way" or "tries proposing but something cockblocks him" jokes over and over again.

Reindeer Man was my favorite from the first movie. Homeboy deserved a better plotline than what he got.
Considering they cast J Groff I'm disappointed he wasn't gay. And like they wouldn't even have to stereotype him. But noooo not muh sisterly bonds

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
Regarding Hamilton: what they are putting on Disney+ is a recording of the stage show, not a film adaptation of the work. The recording had already been completed months before Disney purchased distribution rights to it, which explains why it is already good to go even though the deal was only finalized in February. Though I’m not a big fan of the show, I think this approach is probably the best since a lot of stage musicals kind of feel a bit sterilized when given straight film adaptations. That being said, paying $75 million for such a film and then forgoing a planned theatrical release (that wasn’t even going to happen until late 2021) to put it on a streaming service is mind boggling. I’m guessing they paid so much because they are wanting to keep Miranda in the Disney fold after his work of Moana and the live action Little Mermaid adaptation.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
of course, but even way back when, they still did animation too
and the live action movies they did were not rehashes... at least as far as i can remember
If you look at a master list of movies released you'll see that as soon as the 50's hit, live action movies outnumbered the animated ones significantly. And are largely not worth remembering to boot. Their output of about one animated movie a year still hasn't changed, and probably isn't going to change.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Fucking live action really? There was going to be an animated kingdom hearts show made years ago why not just resurrect that? Half the work is done already character designs and plot layout so why start over from scratch in a format that people are sick to death of with?

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
Fucking live action really? There was going to be an animated kingdom hearts show made years ago why not just resurrect that? Half the work is done already character designs and plot layout so why start over from scratch in a format that people are sick to death of with?
Hooly shit judging by how the live action remakes have looked the Disney characters like Mickey and co. are going to look like the first movie Sonic design. And there's going to be a shitshow over what race the actors for the animesque Squeenix characters are.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Hooly shit judging by how the live action remakes have looked the Disney characters like Mickey and co. are going to look like the first movie Sonic design. And there's going to be a shitshow over what race the actors for the animesque Squeenix characters are.
The only 3d versions of Mickey and Co I recall are the Disney jrshow versions from Mickey Mouse playhouse (iifc the title correctly) and the short that played before frozen get a horse. So there's a chance it might be somewhat decent since unlike sonic they've made detailed 3D versions of the characters before but still. Why go for new live action designs when entire storyboards and concept art is rotting away I. Your vaults? Unused and only known about because someone leaked it.

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
If you look at a master list of movies released you'll see that as soon as the 50's hit, live action movies outnumbered the animated ones significantly. And are largely not worth remembering to boot. Their output of about one animated movie a year still hasn't changed, and probably isn't going to change.
at least they still did animated films (although the 60s, whew, i can only see one animated film at a glance)
and they weren't HEY REMEMBER OLDER FILM?

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
No, they were just mostly adaptations of books and folk hero stories (and nature documentaries). They mostly aren't worth remembering either.

And animation isn't going away, either, they personally released nine animated movies last decade. That's a higher output than the 80's, the 70's, the 50's, and especially the 60's. On the animated output they're definitely thriving.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, they were just mostly adaptations of books and folk hero stories (and nature documentaries). They mostly aren't worth remembering either.

And animation isn't going away, either, they personally released nine animated movies last decade. That's a higher output than the 80's, the 70's, the 50's, and especially the 60's. On the animated output they're definitely thriving.
I remember that Disney movie about the dog that was traumatized by a broom.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net

I still have a warm feeling for "A Cat From Outer Space".

Bread Fetishist

Public enemy to bakers everywhere
kiwifarms.net
The only 3d versions of Mickey and Co I recall are the Disney jrshow versions from Mickey Mouse playhouse (iifc the title correctly) and the short that played before frozen get a horse. So there's a chance it might be somewhat decent since unlike sonic they've made detailed 3D versions of the characters before but still. Why go for new live action designs when entire storyboards and concept art is rotting away I. Your vaults? Unused and only known about because someone leaked it.
There was also Mickey’s Twice Upon A Christmas.

Reactions: XYZpdq

Chiri

Steeeeee-rike!
kiwifarms.net
I think you could pull off a live action Kingdom Hearts story if it was largely disconnected from the main story and took place somewhere that was only or mostly humans. Something like Heartless invading Earth would still sound dumb but would at least be something more within the scope of a streaming exclusive TV show. Trying to Roger Rabbit it is another possibility but that feels like an endeavor more suited to a major motion picture. Kingdom Hearts is relatively niche compared to a lot of Disney's other stuff so I can't imagine them spending a whole lot on it if this is true.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I remember that Disney movie about the dog that was traumatized by a broom.
I still have a warm feeling for "A Cat From Outer Space".
I have fond memories of watching their adaptation of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I also can't forget the memory of watching The Million Dollar Duck. Some things are best left buried and forgotten.

Let's not forget some other forgotten live-action Disney gems:

View attachment 1299527
Ugh, as I detailed in the Share Your School Stories thread, my 4th grade class was made to watch the bus safety episode one day as punishment for talking too loud on the bus. (:_(

Tags
None