• Hunchback 2

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • A slow death

Votes: 394 78.2%

• Total voters

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
When the Disney Channel was still premium (1983-1997), "Zip-a-Dee-doo-dah" was aaaalllllllll over its commercial breaks and bumpers.

I wonder what made them not care.

I even remember seeing a few "B'rer Rabbit" cartoons now and again.
Had to sit on hold since the face masks they released were all made really really badly. Adult medium fit a build a bear instead of a person. The song wasn't in the loop of songs for the 30 mins I was on hold and coulda sworn it was in the song loop before hand.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Dustin Hoffman was so good, he made me forget every flaw that movie has. I love him as Hook.

Hans Conreid and Tim Curry though are pure gold. When you give Hook to the right actor, its magic.

For some reason, I am picturing what a Nicholas Cage Captain Hook would be like.
Dustin Hoffman is indeed so good and easily saves that movie.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dustin Hoffman is indeed so good and easily saves that movie.
Quick anecdote: Apparently Dustin Hoffman was so perfect as Captain Hook I was inducing early contractions and wouldn't let Mom enjoy the movie :lol:. Months earlier, she had slapped Dad for doing something weird at a showing of Beauty and the Beast. I guess while pregnant with me, Mom just couldn't watch a single movie in peace. Must've been a sign lol.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
And there were some here who didn't believe him about Splash Mountain despite his perfect track record of info...
It's moments like these that I'm conflicted about my feelings on Corona-chan. On one hand, many innocent people are getting badly hurt economically and other are falling into depression thanks to enforced social distancing. On the other hand, fatass corporations that have long since given the middle-finger to the West in pursuit of woke points from Twitter marxists and cash from the mainland slant-eyes are also getting hit hard.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And there were some here who didn't believe him about Splash Mountain despite his perfect track record of info...
"Too big to fail" my ass, it sounds like Disney's falling onto its knees. Looks like Corona-chan found its Achilles' heel.

So Star Wars' failure really and truly did hurt after all, hasn't it?

Syaoran Li

Commie Punks Fuck Off!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It probably did hurt, but the majority of the damage is coming from Corona and the FOX buyout which couldn't have happened at a worse time for Iger and his lot.
Which is precisely why Iger announced his retirement and set up Chapek as the fall guy for when the inevitable shitstorm happened. And the best part was is that Bob Iger did all this without the knowledge of things like Episode IX's severe under-performance and Corona-chan's rampage. He knew his megalomania alone would hurt Disney's financial prospects in the long run, so he planned his golden parachute and had a fall guy lined up in advance, that way he wouldn't end up seen as a reviled failure like Eisner ultimately was.

Eisner had his flaws, but he also literally saved Disney and ushered in the Disney Renaissance of the 90's. But the box-office flops of the early 2000's and the California Adventure blunders are all anyone ever associates with him, and I think Iger and his ilk made sure it was that way.

The funniest part was that a lot of those box office bombs that Eisner got blamed for ended up being beloved cult classics like Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, and Atlantis. The only major late Eisner-era bombs that are still hated today are Chicken Little and Home on the Range, while Dinosaur was strangely not a flop and is more obscure and forgotten if anything.

Tags
None