Votes: 115 19.7%
  • Hunchback 2

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • A slow death

Votes: 446 76.5%

• Total voters

Vyse Inglebard

HA! That was easy!
There might be better written Disney movies, but I'd be hardpressed to point to one that is consistently funnier than The Emperor's New Groove. It's a shame Kingdom of the Sun got trashed for it, but I think what we got is a pretty good trade.
A pretty good trade?! Considering how badly production on KOTS was going, it's a goddamn miracle that TENG turned out as well as it did! Highly recommend The Sweatbox, the documentary that details how badly Kingdom of the Sun was suffering.

They'll cut out songs just like they did on the first season DVD.

Though the fact they're even doing this implies they negotiated all the music rights, which I thought they didn't want to do.
For what it's worth I'm under the impression that it can be a real bitch to do. You never know which companies will cooperate, which ones will be greedy and demand more money than it's worth, which ones will say song X but not song Y for whatever reason, and the ones who refuse to negotiate at all.

Just announced: New Pixar shorts collection "Pixar Popcorn" https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1351575155206664194
Looks a million times better than the cancerous SparkShorts, but that's not a high bar to surpass.

A pretty good trade?! Considering how badly production on KOTS was going, it's a goddamn miracle that TENG turned out as well as it did! Highly recommend The Sweatbox, the documentary that details how badly Kingdom of the Sun was suffering.
I meant more in terms of the overall concept that was Kingdom of the Sun, we got a good trade. Totally agree that the production of Kingdom of the Sun was a total shitshow. A shame we missed out on this song too.

Are they ever going to release the whole series on DVD or bluray?
I would love that. I still have the "movie" on vhs complete with the board game and having the complete series in better quality would be nice to add to the collection

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
Additional irony was that after The Lion King was a hit, the execs proceeded to not learn their lesson and tried to recreate TLK’s see,ing ly winning formula by pushing for more "reimaginings of classic stories led by animals" movies to go into production.

That’s how we got Brother Bear (originally pitched as King Lear With Bears), The Emporer’s New Groove (originally a Prince & the Pauper retelling with llamas) and I believe The Princess & the Frog.
The funny part too is that this Lion King vicious cycle began making is way back around; in the mid 2010s when Marvel proved to be guaranteed hits for Disney, and Disney was attempting a "live action remake" Renaissance, the people writing and directing them clearly were under the impression that these were fucking Marvel movies.

And I dont think that's more apparent in any of the live action remakes than in The Lion King. Jon Favreau clearly was thinking that he was making a Marvel movie. Like they even do the "ten second silent pause for a joke" thing those movies do too.

I thought it did come out, but Disney has never been good at complete series of anything.
Ah, you're right, Season 1 and 2 got releases years back with Season 1 being in 2004 and Season 2 being broken up between 2005 and 2013 for some ungodly reason. There doesn't seem to be a release for Season 3, which I'm not crying over, but it does make me suspicious of these sets claiming to be the complete series being sold in both DVD and Blu-ray.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
I never saw The Muppet Show but I had a tape of Muppet fairy tales or something.

Looking it up seems they had a lot of interesting guest stars. Mark Hamill, Cheryl Ladd, Madeline Kahn, Candice Bergen, Helen Reddy, Vincent fucking Price.
The Elton John one was fun because it was during his outrageous years in the 70's. As a family member who watched when it was new said "he's practically a muppet already".

I never saw The Muppet Show but I had a tape of Muppet fairy tales or something.

Looking it up seems they had a lot of interesting guest stars. Mark Hamill, Cheryl Ladd, Madeline Kahn, Candice Bergen, Helen Reddy, Vincent fucking Price.

The Muppet Show was my introduction to variety shows and sketch comedy, so I think pretty highly of it.

About damn time Disney put it on their service. What took so long?

My favorite episode is the John Cleese episode. Its a wonderful blend of Python and Muppet stuff. The ending sequence is gold.

Back in it's prime, being a guest star on The Muppet Show was considered a badge of honor, like Weird Al making a parody of your song.

I'm surprised to see good fan art of anything Disney
mariano-tazzioli-tiberius-body.jpg

Pentex

You're Ridin' With Biden...STRAIGHT TO HELL!
Kids are banned from watching kids' movies. Too much racism.
Disney+ blocks under-sevens from watching 'racist' Peter Pan, Dumbo and The Aristocats for breaching 'content advisories'

Generations of children have been charmed by the magical tale of the boy who never grew up, but Peter Pan is now on a list of banned movies.

Bosses at Disney have blocked anyone under the age of seven from watching the 1953 animated classic on its streaming service over concerns that it portrays racial stereotypes, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Three other long-standing family favourites – The Aristocats, Swiss Family Robinson and Dumbo – have also been removed from children’s accounts for breaching ‘content advisories’ that were recently put in place.

Parents have been left dumbfounded after trying to watch the films on Disney’s £5.99-per-month service. One said: ‘I wanted to watch Peter Pan with my daughter, but I couldn’t find it anywhere.

‘Then I realised they had all gone – they had been removed from the kids’ accounts. It was shocking.’

It is understood the main reason behind Peter Pan being blocked is because it features a Native American tribe whose members are referred to as ‘redskins’.

Meanwhile, the 1970 movie The Aristocats has a Siamese cat character called Shun Gon, whose slanted eyes and prominent teeth have been described as a caricature of East Asian people.

Swiss Family Robinson, which was made in 1960, has been criticised for its ‘yellow face’ and ‘brown face’ pirates.

Dumbo, the 1941 cartoon about a lovable flying elephant, has been accused of ridiculing enslaved African-Americans on Southern plantations. At one point during a musical interlude, faceless black workers toil away to offensive lyrics such as, ‘When we get our pay, we throw our money all away’.

Disney implemented a revised content advisory in October to flag up any issues surrounding racial stereotypes and concerns were raised in relation to Peter Pan and the other productions. The decision to ban the films from children’s accounts was made by a group of external experts who were brought in to assess if the content ‘represented global audiences’.

While the films remain available on adult accounts, they come with a disclaimer that says: ‘This programme includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures. These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now.

‘Rather than remove this content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together.’

Disney says on its website that it is committed to creating stories with inspirational and aspirational themes that reflect the diversity of the human experience around the globe. The statement reads: ‘We can’t change the past, but we can acknowledge it, learn from it and move forward together to create a tomorrow that today can only dream of.’

A spokesman for Disney declined to comment.
Physical media only. Movies-as-a-service simps deserve to be treated like this.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan

So what is even the point on keeping them on their family-friendly service at this point? Or shit, the kids' only accounts should be removed in general if they're not hiding adult cartoons behind a bigger paywall. Share the account as a family and deal with the algorithm, or don't even bother.

Netflix outperforms Disney+ over that alone. What a disaster. :story:

The Nothingness

The one with no body!

Will 101 Dalmatians and Mary Poppins be next because having your face covered in soot is blackface?