• Hunchback 2

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • A slow death

Votes: 446 76.5%

• Total voters

horrorfan89

Now I'm Playing With Power!
The Muppet Show is now on Disney Plus.

Unfortunately, not every episode is there - two are missing - but every episode that is is unedited. Not even the DVDs were unedited.

EDIT: Evidently I was wrong. There is one episode available in Europe but not here (but I do assume it will come here) and there are a few segments missing. Still, there are segments cut out on the DVDs that are intact on Disney Plus. That is a good thing.
Ah the 70s. no streaming services, no drag shows on every channel, no troons unless you walked the gay district of lower manhathhan and how did good ole archie bunker put it around the same time on All in the family? "Girls were girls and men were men."

shame it was so long ago...

They’ve tried. At least twice. But Disney is full of charmless woke hacks and can’t make a show people want to see. There was a reboot in the early 2000’s that stuck around for maybe two seasons before it fizzled, and another that was even less liked a couple of years ago.
They've tried just "more The Muppet Show" before? I remember their Office knockoff and it was awful. Closest I think there was is the new series and even then they can't help but make it woke.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
They've tried just "more The Muppet Show" before? I remember their Office knockoff and it was awful. Closest I think there was is the new series and even then they can't help but make it woke.
There was “The Muppets” which was so successful it lasted for 16 episodes, and that was in 2015-16. Before that there was Muppets Tonight, which lasted 22 episodes (1996-1998 ), and then the whole Muppets Now which aired in 2020 for 6 episodes and no idea if there will be more.

So in order:
The Muppet Show: 120 episodes
Muppets Tonight: 22
The Muppets: 16
Muppets Now: 6

All but the first were made after Disney bought them.

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
There was “The Muppets” which was so successful it lasted for 16 episodes, and that was in 2015-16. Before that there was Muppets Tonight, which lasted 22 episodes (1996-1998 ), and then the whole Muppets Now which aired in 2020 for 6 episodes and no idea if there will be more.

So in order:

Didn’t ITC Entertainment own the Muppets before Disney bought them out?

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee

So in order:

No, Muppets Tonight was before Disney bought them.

Unfortunately, not every episode is there - two are missing - but every episode that is is unedited. Not even the DVDs were unedited.

EDIT: Evidently I was wrong. There is one episode available in Europe but not here (but I do assume it will come here) and there are a few segments missing. Still, there are segments cut out on the DVDs that are intact on Disney Plus. That is a good thing.
Uh, yeah about those missing episodes, https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/di...Xa6YbezrN6KLZ4j3IHT-MwaYKQaOoO_KTa7MpF9xptMio

Does it include the Mark Hamill episode?

Ah the 70s. no streaming services, no drag shows on every channel, no troons unless you walked the gay district of lower manhathhan and how did good ole archie bunker put it around the same time on All in the family? "Girls were girls and men were men."

shame it was so long ago...
The 70s were a culture much like today though, it's just that the weird stuff was more underground and of course there was no internet.