• ”Admin refuses to remove private information.”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

Disney GeneralThe saddest fandom on Earth

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Cyborg Scars, Oct 8, 2018.

?

Which is Better

1. Chicken Little

38 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. Hunchback 2

9 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. A slow death

163 vote(s)
    77.6%
  1. Holy shit is Abu completely CGI? :stress: (Carpet looks okay from what little we saw. Carpet was obviously going to be CG'd so they couldn't fuck it up.)

Will Smith Genie is terrifying. No thank you, I'm going back to Shark Tale.

-1.png

• Islamic Content Islamic Content x 2
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Off to plow your mom, shiet lips!

kiwifarms.net
    kiwifarms.net
  3. He makes Mr. Electridad look like a Pixar character.
    George Lopez Spy Kids.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 2
    Pina Colada

Pina Colada One step ahead
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Nope.

• Agree Agree x 4
    UnKillFill

UnKillFill I'm sorry you had to go through this son...

kiwifarms.net
  5. MAKE IT STOP
    4C03E017-60CF-4AB2-9FB5-2514DB73876E.jpeg

• Islamic Content Islamic Content x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    SteelPlatedHeart

SteelPlatedHeart Politics are fucking dumb
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. The most frustrating part is that I have seen nothing but negative responses to the Aladdin stuff (the genie in particular) but you just know its gonna make money anyways. I've never understood why people go to see films they think are gonna be bad unless its like, phenomenally bad.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. This thread sometimes just fills me with a tidal wave of depression. I know Disney can be better than this. They proved that shit during the Renaissance. This is just sad and pathetic and desperate on so many levels. A visionary company known for taking classical stories and reinventing them only to stoop to lazily reinventing their own reinventions. Fucking amazing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Alto

Alto Space Doggity

kiwifarms.net
  8. I don't mind a sequel (even though there was a game that I guess counts) since that was a thing that's been floating around for years, but for the love of all that is holy no live action Nightmare Before Christmas. Stop it, Disney, you monsters.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Kari Kamiya

kiwifarms.net
  9. There's plenty of untapped potential in a sequel; it'd be cool to see the other holidays through this universe's macabre visuals.

A live-action remake though? How? All the characters are deliberately exaggerated to the point where even the human characters are barely human-looking. Take that quality away and you remove much of the original's visual appeal, which castrates it. Not to mention, Nightmare's got such excellent visuals that replacing them with real actors and CGI would be a massive downgrade no matter how you slice it.

• Agree Agree x 8
    Baldur's Gait

Baldur's Gait Huh, you're a queer fellow!

kiwifarms.net
  10. I could see a stage play of Nightmare working. They could add more songs and have creative ways of working with a limited space. Even so, it won’t have the same cool effects of the original movie and the character design would have to get innovative to still capture parts of the animation. I would take that over creepy CGI rendering though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    JambledUpWords

JambledUpWords Gorl who loves orange chicken

kiwifarms.net
  11. Didn't they do a sequel in, like, video game form?

As for the live-action thing, fuck that shit long and hard.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Steamboat_Bill

Steamboat_Bill Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee

kiwifarms.net
  12. What is it this time? Not Islamic enough because Jasmine isn't wearing a full-body burqa?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  13. If nothing else this film will sadly do well in China because they like Will Smith for some reason. Either way it will be terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Cyborg Scars

Cyborg Scars Adam Sandler's #1 Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. What a sad and dissapointing way to greet the new week, m8...

NO. I'm not going near ANY of this live-action crap when the animated stuff still holds up fine enough, honestly. It's all just greed, laziness, and short-sighted stupidity in every sense what's going on here - FACT. I'll come back when someone makes an actually good film again, thank you very fucking much!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Shokew

Shokew Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!

kiwifarms.net
  15. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he can do the manic Jafar from the third act justice.

Whenever Disney does live action adaptations, I can't help but go back and see how Once Upon a Time did things. OUaT actually had two Jafars:

1. Sayid from Lost who portrayed Jafar in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

2. Oded Fehr who portrayed Jafar in Once Upon a Time season 6.

Neither of them live up to Jonathan Freeman's performance in the film, obviously, but Sayid played up the sex predator aspects of Jafar very well. I also like Oded's growly breathlessness, but his American accent with British inflection is obnoxious.

kiwifarms.net
  16. The idea of a Nightmare live action remake just sounds like a horrible joke, tbh.

Like, who the fuck genuinely looks forward to these movies, outside of brainless disney fans and feminists/soyboys? Families cannot genuinely think these movies are "better" just because they're not animated, right?

• Agree Agree x 6
    friedshrimp

friedshrimp Doug Walker's angry ex-wife

kiwifarms.net
  17. All of these movies were better the way they were before this live-action remake BS as they were - animated. These live-action remakes are nothing short of lifeless and that's all they'll ever be.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Shokew

Shokew Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!

kiwifarms.net
  18. I can’t believe we live in a society where a fucking low-budget CW show can do the source material more justice (albeit not in a huge way) than the iteration of the company that produced the original movie.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Chewy Suarez

Chewy Suarez i don’t bite, i promise uwu

kiwifarms.net
  19. Man that CGI cave looks awful. Similarly that Prince Ali parade is unbelievably unimpressive compared to the original.

• Agree Agree x 9
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Ohhh~ banana
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. I dread the day when Disney decides to package their live-action "reboots" with the animated movies (including sequels like currently) to make a little extra money.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Kari Kamiya

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.