Votes: 67 18.6%
  • Hunchback 2

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • A slow death

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
I see people unable to believe any of the vintage Disney live-action films are real. Kurt Russell in "The Barefoot Executive"? Yes, it's real, even though every plot synopsis of it I've read sounds like they were generated by a bot.

A young Kurt Russell stars as Steven Post – an ambitious mailroom clerk at a second-rate TV network. With his eye on the boardroom, and getting nowhere with the studio's top dog, he makes a career-changing discovery. His girlfriend's lovable pet chimp can pick a hit show every time! His secret for success turns into madcap monkey business when he makes vice president and jealous rivals want in on the act.

Last edited:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I see people unable to believe any of the vintage Disney live-action films are real. Kurt Russell as "The Barefoot Executive"? Yes, it's real, even though every plot synopsis sounds like it was generated by a bot.

I've seen some of these in the dead of night when sick and unable to sleep as a kid. They sound like a genuine fever dream, but they're real. Some of the more well known, "better" ones have gotten remakes (That Darn Cat, which was better than the original in my opinion, and The Parent Trap), but most of them are like The Barefoot Executive, or The Million Dollar Duck. Movies that were terrible and dated even when they were new, and definitely unable to entertain kids today (or in the 90's). I'm guessing Disney wants to cash in on Boomer nostalgia for the terrible, and Millennials getting drunk while attempting to make fun of them, with or without friends.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've seen some of these in the dead of night when sick and unable to sleep as a kid. They sound like a genuine fever dream, but they're real. Some of the more well known, "better" ones have gotten remakes (That Darn Cat, which was better than the original in my opinion, and The Parent Trap), but most of them are like The Barefoot Executive, or The Million Dollar Duck. Movies that were terrible and dated even when they were new, and definitely unable to entertain kids today (or in the 90's). I'm guessing Disney wants to cash in on Boomer nostalgia for the terrible, and Millennials getting drunk while attempting to make fun of them, with or without friends.
Also they pad out the roster a lot.
But yeah the old Disney live action lineup is basically the dumbest shit committed to film, that's kinda neat they have it there.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
I see people unable to believe any of the vintage Disney live-action films are real. Kurt Russell as "The Barefoot Executive"? Yes, it's real, even though every plot synopsis sounds like it was generated by a bot.

Kurt Russell's girlfriend in this is Daphne from Scooby-Doo.

Do they have Superdad?

Reactions: Trilby

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I LOVED this film! They tried remaking this as a made-for-TV flick decades later but that sucked for going the PETA route with the guys ditching the chimp at some animal rescue park.

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
Some of the more well known, "better" ones have gotten remakes (That Darn Cat, which was better than the original in my opinion, and The Parent Trap)
Oh, and by the way, expect more remakes to come out of Disney Plus - another take on Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and another Parent Trap. Remember that there were two sequels and a TV series of the former and three sequels and a remake of the latter. But it's just about time to start milkin' those cows again, I guess...

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh, and by the way, expect more remakes to come out of Disney Plus - another take on Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and another Parent Trap. Remember that there were two sequels and a TV series of the former and three sequels and a remake of the latter. But it's just about time to start milkin' those cows again, I guess...
Reminded a new trailer for their Lady and the Tramp thingy came out. It's shit but at least they remembered the spaghetti scene.

• Horrifying
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
Reminded a new trailer for their Lady and the Tramp thingy came out. It's shit but at least they remembered the spaghetti scene.
Like I said earlier, Chris Reccardi was working on this when he died and I hope to God, at the very least, that the art he left behind is good. Cause this won't be.

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
hahahahaha holy shit the ironic shit loving faggot in me is almost tempted to watch that just for YET ANOTHER GODDAMN PARENT TRAP

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Like I said earlier, Chris Reccardi was working on this when he died and I hope to God, at the very least, that the art he left behind is good. Cause this won't be.
It'll be interesting to see what's left of his involvement here.

hahahahaha holy shit the ironic shit loving faggot in me is almost tempted to watch that just for YET ANOTHER GODDAMN PARENT TRAP
Not bad for what originally started out as an aborted movie script written during Nazi Germany.
main-qimg-829f09f5383354ddd4a97119910d084f.png

UnKillFill

Zip zop zoopity bop jooooooo! Ah ah ah ah.
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I half expected woke Disney to go with the alternative definition of "Tramp" and make this about 2 lesbian dogs, one of which is a whore.

• Informative

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
We also can't forget about the three Disney films where Kurt Russell played college student Dexter Riley, who stumbles into world-changing discoveries and at the end of each film winds up saving his school (it's supposed to be the same college Fred MacMurray's Absent-Minded Professor was employed at) and foiling the plans of big-time crook Caesar Romero.

Be on the lookout for Disney to reboot these as part of a "Dexter Riley Cinematic Universe"

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I half expected woke Disney to go with the alternative definition of "Tramp" and make this about 2 lesbian dogs, one of which is a whore.
Well thank goodness it didn't go there besides making Tramp an asshole. I know someone got a little peeved Darling and Jim Dear are now a biracial couple in 1910's America, not to mention not having Siamese cats this time to gang up on Lady. Oh and the Beaver's now a statue, fucking no!

We also can't forget about the three Disney films where Kurt Russell played college student Dexter Riley, who stumbles into world-changing discoveries and at the end of each film winds up saving his school (it's supposed to be the same college Fred MacMurray's Absent-Minded Professor was employed at) and foiling the plans of big-time crook Caesar Romero.

Be on the lookout for Disney to reboot these as part of a "Dexter Riley Cinematic Universe"
They really loved having Kurt up against Joe Flynn and Cesar Romero a lot in these movies.

• Islamic Content

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

iirc that college and town nearby are a low-key cinematic universe of like two dozen god awful forgettable disney live action movies like Stephen King had Castle Rock

TchPiKinmup

kiwifarms.net
I see people unable to believe any of the vintage Disney live-action films are real. Kurt Russell in "The Barefoot Executive"? Yes, it's real, even though every plot synopsis of it I've sounds like they were generated by a bot.

movies like these are exactly why I'm going to subscribe to yet another stupid service. I loved these as a child and once I saw Mr. Boogedy, I was on board. The novelty of having these and so many other forgotten, niche things will wear off quickly -- by then, I'll have watched whatever new Star Wars and Marvel stuff they crank out.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
movies like these are exactly why I'm going to subscribe to yet another stupid service. I loved these as a child and once I saw Mr. Boogedy, I was on board. The novelty of having these and so many other forgotten, niche things will wear off quickly -- by then, I'll have watched whatever new Star Wars and Marvel stuff they crank out.
irl buddy and I were just comparing notes about The Black Hole, The Legend Of The Three Caballeros, and literally Mr fucking Boogity
Assuming youtube-dl works with this I very possibly will dine and dash on these guys for a bunch of the old shitty crap live action stuff, and if they start incorporating random educational shorts or some really blue sky shit like hd version of Universe of Energy's dino cartoon then fuck it I'll give them money without reservation

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Is "Cat From Outer Space" included? I remember a supermarket video rental store had that VHS and I watched it a lot as a small child. I think it was Cub Foods.

Something bittersweet in a memory of a defunct video rental place at a defunct store.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is "Cat From Outer Space" included? I remember a supermarket video rental store had that VHS and I watched it a lot as a small child. I think it was Cub Foods.

Something bittersweet in a memory of a defunct video rental place at a defunct store.
Apparently they don't have Something Wicked and a few others that have real lineage and royalties to pay, but I would be shocked if Cat From Outer Space isn't in there.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino