Disney General - The saddest fandom on Earth

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

Which is Better

• Chicken Little

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • Hunchback 2

Votes: 21 3.9%
  • A slow death

Votes: 414 77.7%

• Total voters

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
It'll be interesting to see what's left of his involvement here.

Not bad for what originally started out as an aborted movie script written during Nazi Germany.
View attachment 972432
There's been a ton of film versions of Kästner's book - not including the ones "inspired" by it. Now guess what the most recent English edition of the book is called? The Parent Trap. At least you know what you're getting, even if you get confused on how it takes place in Germany now.

Disney also did Kästner's Emil and the Detectives, and I haven't seen that. I tried to record it off TCM when they were doing one of their Disney nights but it only recorded half the film.

iirc that college and town nearby are a low-key cinematic universe of like two dozen god awful forgettable disney live action movies like Stephen King had Castle Rock
The Absent-Minded Professor films take place there as well.

By the way, if you're wondering, they have Return to Oz.

• Semper Fidelis
  • Informative
Reactions: Trilby and XYZpdq

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
We also can't forget about the three Disney films where Kurt Russell played college student Dexter Riley, who stumbles into world-changing discoveries and at the end of each film winds up saving his school (it's supposed to be the same college Fred MacMurray's Absent-Minded Professor was employed at) and foiling the plans of big-time crook Caesar Romero.

Be on the lookout for Disney to reboot these as part of a "Dexter Riley Cinematic Universe"
They actually did a Disney Channel remake of The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes in the mid 90's. I wouldn't say it's any better than the original, but at least it made sense considering the tech-based plot. I wouldn't put it past them to remake it a third time either.

• Agree
Reactions: toilet_rainbow

Alto

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
The Lady and the Tramp remakes has better emoting on the animals than the shitty Lion King remake but the concept is so incredibly unnecessary that I'm still trying to figure out why bother at all. The original was one of the smaller-scale movies and is mostly just there to be cute and fill Disney's classic library quota.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is "Cat From Outer Space" included? I remember a supermarket video rental store had that VHS and I watched it a lot as a small child. I think it was Cub Foods.
Nice to see you remember Cub Foods, my town had them as well for a decade!

The Lady and the Tramp remakes has better emoting on the animals than the shitty Lion King remake but the concept is so incredibly unnecessary that I'm still trying to figure out why bother at all. The original was one of the smaller-scale movies and is mostly just there to be cute and fill Disney's classic library quota.
Not to mention being the first animated feature to use the Cinemascope process.

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
kiwifarms.net
But then they released this today.
Seems like they’re trying to recapture the success of Pirates.
...did they just crib their entire movie from the far superior Mummy? The same exact beats, same british siblings, same reluctant American protagonist who is motivated by money until he 'cares' about the cause, undead threat...

The. Absolute. Laziest.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
...did they just crib their entire movie from the far superior Mummy? The same exact beats, same british siblings, same reluctant American protagonist who is motivated by money until he 'cares' about the cause, undead threat...

The. Absolute. Laziest.
tbf I wouldn't be shocked to find out Mummy basically lifted them from something itself.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah is the most recognizable song of that era after When You Wish Upon a Star. They're never going to be able to bury it or the movie completely.

...despite how often they try.
One of those old Sing-Along-Song volumes basically had "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" as the highlight song of the whole thing.
51EBCP9KEZL._SY445_.jpg

Oh God the nostalgia attack!

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
One of those old Sing-Along-Song volumes basically had "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" as the highlight song of the whole thing.
View attachment 973597
Oh God the nostalgia attack!
I recall there were several that used songs from the film, actually. Disney's done a lot of using stuff from the film without actually releasing it, and while I understand why they don't, they really should just do it at some point.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I recall there were several that used songs from the film, actually. Disney's done a lot of using stuff from the film without actually releasing it, and while I understand why they don't, they really should just do it at some point.
And I'll be waiting for that, even if I have to wait all my life! Maybe by 2046 things'll be in a better position for such a release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None