• Total voters

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
I gotta go find the American Experience documentary on Walt Disney for a rewatch since it's been a few years, but I believe it stated that Song of the South was positively endorsed by the NAACP during production and they even worked with Walt to at least oversee it, but then right as soon as it was about to come out, they raised a huge stink about it being a racist film. Coming off just a few years shy from when his workers went on strike in 1941, people still end up wondering why he became jaded and detached from his company in his later years.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
I gotta go find the American Experience documentary on Walt Disney for a rewatch since it's been a few years, but I believe it stated that Song of the South was positively endorsed by the NAACP during production and they even worked with Walt to at least oversee it, but then right as soon as it was about to come out, they raised a huge stink about it being a racist film. Coming off just a few years shy from when his workers went on strike in 1941, people still end up wondering why he became jaded and detached from his company in his later years.
Walt hired a guy named Maurice Rapf, a progressive New York Jew who later taught Tom Ruegger in college, to try and make the script a little less racist (the original scriptwriter was apparently a good ol' boy from the South). Very little of what he did made it into the film, though, and that's the problem.

So it's no wonder the NAACP was picketing the film. This was a time when they were trying out protest campaigns against cartoons depicting black stereotypes. None of them really had any effect except for that against Lantz's "Scrub Me Mama With a Boogie Beat."

Even the critics noticed. The New York Times' review by Bosley Crowther read: "The master and slave relation is so lovingly regarded... with the Negroes bowing and scraping and singing spirituals in the night, that one might almost imagine that you figure Abe Lincoln made a mistake. Put down that mint julep, Mr. Disney!" (The blacks in the film aren't slaves, because it takes place after the Civil War, but Walt thought everyone could tell and didn't put any date on the film, to his detriment.)

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
tbf they're pretty overtly parables for runaway slaves about how to avoid getting captured or what to do when captured
I can understand Uncle Remus trying to be chill with the cracker kids being misread, though

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Mariya Takeuchi
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget James got the honorary Oscar for playing Uncle Remus and he became close with Walt.

I find it a disgrace that they refuse to rerelease the film.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Song of the South referenced countless times in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

"Visit La Brea Tar Pits"
Also it doesn't seem very lucrative to get Disney+ just for a brief Nostalgia High.
That was a clever joke to insert (though they were singing "Smile, Darn ya, Smile").

Wasn't sure if it was beyond WDW or not, thanks
Glad to help, that was just embedded in my mind thanks to those afternoons watching the channel!

I should dig up an HD copy of that online without paying for it.
You should, specially for the Baby Herman middle finger moment and Betty Boop letting her top slip!

Don't forget James got the honorary Oscar for playing Uncle Remus and he became close with Walt.

I find it a disgrace that they refuse to rerelease the film.
I find it more sad he passed away just a little over a year after the film's release (at the age of 44). But yeah, the fact he got an Oscar apparently doesn't hold much weight with these people.

Last edited:

friedshrimp

uwuu
kiwifarms.net
Soo...The new shitty Goodeficent film is out, and apparently Disney fags want the film to overshadow Joker in terms of box office cause Maleficent is totally not #problematic or something.

According to sources, the final has a very creepy ending where it goes all Zyklon B on the characters, apparently gassing them in a church ala Auchwitz meets the Red Wedding. I wonder why the woke crowd hasn't called out against this film for it?

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Soo...The new shitty Goodeficent film is out, and apparently Disney fags want the film to overshadow Joker in terms of box office cause Maleficent is totally not #problematic or something.

According to sources, the final has a very creepy ending where it goes all Zyklon B on the characters, apparently gassing them in a church ala Auchwitz meets the Red Wedding. I wonder why the woke crowd hasn't called out against this film for it?
I'm not surprised. Also its weird that they keep trying to treat Maleficent as "Disney's Joker" when unlike Joker, Disney's Maleficent has nothing in common with her character in terms of personality and they didn't have the balls to make a film about a character that is outright evil, when really such characterizations are severely lacking in mainstream cinema, and it certainly worked well for Joker. But there's no chance this shit will get one over on Joker.

On a similar note, I'm not really interested in modern Disney films, but part of me is looking forward to the upcoming Rescue Rangers film simply for the hope that it has a lot of drama surrounding it, mainly from Gadget cultists (assuming they all haven't died out yet). Imagine if the movie is not only bad but if they insult their precious waifu, then it could lead to some juicy shit. The idea of the Russian chapter of the cult going full jihad and burning a wooden effigy of Gadget in the woods in protest is amusing to me.
1571458791248.png

Also here's a recording of the 9/11 call from one of the people trapped on the Disney Skyliner.

Last edited:

friedshrimp

uwuu
kiwifarms.net
So, seems Goodeficent 2: The Feminist Hero has underperformed, and Disney and their bootlickers seems salty about it and Joker taking importance over it.

Made sense, even without Joker. The original Maleficent film divided audiences, and making a sequel just seemed too much of a cash-in for some. Besides, I just feel / want to think people are getting Disney fatigue, esp. when all their products are pretty much the same thing nowadays, average and bland and have nothing but preachy messages nowadays...

The Nothingness

The one with no body!
kiwifarms.net

Perhaps they think Disney is taking a shot at a certain religion with having fairies being gassed in a church 🤔

And this theory reminds of me of this South Park clip.

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Okay, how is anyone ok with this? I can get behind nu Wars or Marvel or woke remakes, but this is downright shitty. How can the slaves of the Mouse defend this?
This is technically for for-profit theaters. If you're a nonprofit it's apparently OK, and they'll still have Rocky Horror available - that's the one movie they aren't daring to mess with.

But it's still really shitty if you're a for-profit theater. Disney has had a long-standing policy against renting their old films out to theaters, and now they're doing it with Fox. This is why they should split up the damn company. Should any of the presidential candidates suggest that will happen if they're elected, they get my vote.

This is why you should invest in physical media.

(Disney should just get rid of the policy altogether. Let their classics be available to for-profit theaters as well.)

ATaxingWoman

Professional AFAB Trans Woman Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

rotollo

HAHA I REALLY DON'T KNOW
kiwifarms.net
reminder the reason why copyright law is such bullshit is that Disney alters it every time mickey mouse is about to go public domain.
My take on it is: if you want Disney to take over even more than what they have (~40%, pretty close to anti-trust) all because of, "m-muh Spydo-Manz!" or some equally asinine motivation, you can go fuck yourself.
I mean it getting close to the point where that might be the only way the mouse does get broken up. If Disney buying Sony pictures is the only way governments step in to say "enough with this bullshit" then so be it. Like I have to imagine no amount of mouse bucks will stop a congress man from looking and deciding not to A T&T that shit. Though some of that is due to how there isn't really a difference between how Disney and Sony pictures tard cum IPs at this point aside from the fact that Sony occasionally produces hits like spiderverse and "Once upon a time in Hollywood" when they don't interfere with productions. Well that and while people will call Sony pictures out when they make a shit product, Disney always seems defended because "Muh Childhood".

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino