Votes: 16 4.4%
  • A slow death

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's like Hollywood and Disney are literally asking me to pirate everything.

Between the stupidity of the streaming wars and Disney pulling this shit, I'm starting to feel morally obligated to resort to pirating ...
And this is why I've never felt shame over that, Song of the South is our poster child!

This is technically for for-profit theaters. If you're a nonprofit it's apparently OK, and they'll still have Rocky Horror available - that's the one movie they aren't daring to mess with.

But it's still really shitty if you're a for-profit theater. Disney has had a long-standing policy against renting their old films out to theaters, and now they're doing it with Fox. This is why they should split up the damn company. Should any of the presidential candidates suggest that will happen if they're elected, they get my vote.
Certainly is shitty if you are a for-profit theater and wanted to run Rocky Horror for a classic midnight screening and keep the cash.

This is why you should invest in physical media.
True.

(Disney should just get rid of the policy altogether. Let their classics be available to for-profit theaters as well.)
Would be nice.

Dom Cruise

too... many... books...
kiwifarms.net
Going through twitter responses some poor spergs actually think the screen writers are gonna cram S.E.A in to this.

S.E.A is a fictional adventurer's club that is referenced across the parks. Members include Albert Falls from the OG Jungle Cruise, Harrison Hightower from Japan’s Tower of Terror, Henry Mystic from China’s Mystic Manor, Mary Oceaneer who owns the crashed boat in one of the water parks in WDW (lol), and Indiana fucking Jones.
That's exactly what they should do though if they want this to be another Pirates like franchise.

I love the whole old timey adventure genre and just recently I watched the movie Orphan from the same director which was way better than I expected, so color me cautiously optimistic?

In fact if I may sperg out a bit I know people are getting a little tired of "cinematic universes" and modern Disney is a sketchy prospect, but I see a lot of potential in making ride based movies their own little interconnected universe, you could grandfather in the Pirates movies as being this world and a sequel to Jungle Cruise could maybe take place on Typhoon Lagoon and if hopefully Guillermo Del Toro can get his Haunted Mansion reboot off the ground, a sequel to that could maybe involve the Tower of Terror.

Hire me Disney!

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Kurosaki Ichigo

an approaching murder
kiwifarms.net
That's exactly what they should do though if they want this to be another Pirates like franchise.

I love the whole old timey adventure genre and just recently I watched the movie Orphan from the same director which was way better than I expected, so color me cautiously optimistic?

In fact if I may sperg out a bit I know people are getting a little tired of "cinematic universes" and modern Disney is a sketchy prospect, but I see a lot of potential in making ride based movies their own little interconnected universe, you could grandfather in the Pirates movies as being this world and a sequel to Jungle Cruise could maybe take place on Typhoon Lagoon and if hopefully Guillermo Del Toro can get his Haunted Mansion reboot off the ground, a sequel to that could maybe involve the Tower of Terror.

Hire me Disney!
Fuck there’s suggestions that Pirates is connected to Mansion at least at Disneyland. Idk how they’d be able to pull that together with the existing Pirates movie but I’d love to see someone competent try.

rotollo

MUST CONSUME PRODUCT
kiwifarms.net

Hire me Disney!
Indiana Jones and the Perplexing Pleasure Island when?

Reactions: Dom Cruise

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there any reason why Rocky Horror is the only exception?
Rocky Horror fans are beyond execeptional.
Because the LGBT community would be outraged.
last I heard Rocky Horror was on the official shitlist because they said mean words doing callbacks, but that was like, ten years ago when I stopped paying attention

Dom Cruise

too... many... books...
kiwifarms.net
Indiana Jones and the Perplexing Pleasure Island when?
Pleasure Island will the focus of Disney's adult cinematic universe, starting with In Diana Jones and the Buttpirates of The Caribbean, followed by Jessica Rabbit's Rule 34 Adventures.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

The Weeaboo Woodwright
kiwifarms.net
The only reason why I'm wanting to get Disney+ is so I can watch the classic seasons of The Simpsons.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino