Votes: 18 5.0%
  • A slow death

Votes: 273 76.3%

• Total voters

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
if youtube-dl works on it and people suck and pirating it I might do a dine-and-dash for a month

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
if I do the free trial can i watch gargoyles or is there like a premium layer of shit locked behind stuff that you can't see unless you pay?

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I might leach off of a friend but streaming service scare me out of principle, it's why I hate "Cloud Storage" as a concept
its just a long term renting that could go down at any moment.
That's been my beef. In the end, it just becomes disposable entertainment as I see it.

God, Disney now having the rights to the older seasons of the Simpsons just sounds so fucking wrong.
Me too, especially when you remember fine moments like this!
giphy.gif

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
God, Disney now having the rights to the older seasons of the Simpsons just sounds so fucking wrong.
Not helping is that Al Jean is supposedly trying to phase out DVDs so people will stream the show. This is especially scary since they've been trying to erase Stark Raving Dad. With everything else Disney's been doing, they're the exact right people to pull off Jean's horrible idea.

That's been my beef. In the end, it just becomes disposable entertainment as I see it.

Me too, especially when you remember fine moments like this!
View attachment 996970
I remember the scene in the movie where Bart has a bra on his head so they look like mouse ears and says in a high-pitched voice, "I'm the mascot of an evil corporation!"

It's like we're living in Bizarro World.

JambledUpWords

Destiny is bae, don’t tell Becky
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, we all knew Disney was already doing this. Because they don't want to offend idiots on twitter.
Twittiots can’t distinguish reality from fantasy and are afraid of others seeing what people really thought in the past. I wish this trend would die off. Why can’t people accept the past for what it was instead of trying to change it?

Kurosaki Ichigo

an approaching murder
kiwifarms.net
I don’t see why they cant put out the animated portions with a bit of editing to separate it from the more “controversial” live action? Its not like those characters have been scrubbed clean from public knowledge.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Disney Delenda Est
kiwifarms.net
Twittiots can’t distinguish reality from fantasy and are afraid of others seeing what people really thought in the past. I wish this trend would die off. Why can’t people accept the past for what it was instead of trying to change it?
Is this going to affect The Simpsons? (AKA the only reason I'm even considering getting Disney+)

If they remove "Stark Raving Dad" or "Homer Badman" from the streaming lineup, I'll be pissed.

Stark Raving Dad has already been pulled from the reruns even before the Disney buyout was completed and Homer Badman is even more relevant now than it was in the 90's, its mere existence is a giant "Fuck You" to the Me Too crowd.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I don’t see why they cant put out the animated portions with a bit of editing to separate it from the more “controversial” live action? Its not like those characters have been scrubbed clean from public knowledge.
The second animated sequence actually has the most controversial scene in the entire movie: the tar baby scene. Even though it is literally made from tar and is a completely lifeless trap used to catch Brer Rabbit, the fact that it's called the tar baby has offended a lot of people. And since it's an important plot point in the second sequence it's as easy to edit away as the Dumbo crows. Splash Mountain avoided it by making the laughing place the second part so that Brer Rabbit can be caught with honey instead, but obviously such a solution wouldn't work without completely re-creating the source material.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
The second animated sequence actually has the most controversial scene in the entire movie: the tar baby scene. Even though it is literally made from tar and is a completely lifeless trap used to catch Brer Rabbit, the fact that it's called the tar baby has offended a lot of people. And since it's an important plot point in the second sequence it's as easy to edit away as the Dumbo crows. Splash Mountain avoided it by making the laughing place the second part so that Brer Rabbit can be caught with honey instead, but obviously such a solution wouldn't work without completely re-creating the source material.
That, plus no matter what you do they are going to get shit from it. Getting Song of the South on the service was a pipe dream at best. Thankfully, however, films like Dumbo will remain intact.

Kurosaki Ichigo

an approaching murder
kiwifarms.net
Shit, I forgot about that.

• Feels
Reactions: Trilby

Syaoran Li

Disney Delenda Est
kiwifarms.net
I know it will never happen in a million years, but if Disney released Song of the South on Blu-Ray and for streaming in a completely uncensored form complete with a "Fuck You, SJW's!" disclaimer at the beginning, I'd forgive them for creating the MCU and ruining Star Wars.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Because in this day and age, people are overlysensitive pussies who never had a childhood full of hardships.

Either that or they're simply just oversensitive pussies who can't stand it when people try to share history, that one's more likely.

Hopefully. It's bad enough when crybabies have their way.
Crybabies shouldn't even be on the internet in the first place if that's what they're going to do.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino