Culture Disney Reinstates Director James Gunn For ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 3’ - suck it thernovitch

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Good. His firing was fucking dumb to begin with. Almost as dumb as the shitty article blaming the "alt-right" for it.
I’m against labeling anyone with problematic opinions as “alt right”, but isn’t that exactly what happened in this case? As I understand it, Cernovich, who is pretty much the definition of an alt-right nutjob, spearheaded the movement and a bunch of trolls pretended to be outraged to give the evil libtards a taste of their own medicine. On Reddit at least the vast majority of people were opposed to his firing, so it’s not the libs that were calling for his head.

Scratch This Nut

Problematic Chihuahua
kiwifarms.net
I’m against labeling anyone with problematic opinions as “alt right”, but isn’t that exactly what happened in this case? As I understand it, Cernovich, who is pretty much the definition of an alt-right nutjob, spearheaded the movement and a bunch of trolls pretended to be outraged to give the evil libtards a taste of their own medicine. On Reddit at least the vast majority of people were opposed to his firing, so it’s not the libs that were calling for his head.
Boy who cried wolf. If you keep labeling everyone you disagree with a nazi, you miss the real ones.

• Agree
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

kidatari

Super Pimp
kiwifarms.net
the problem I have is damn fucking hypocrisy of the far left.
James Gunn is a leftist and had no damn issues when Roseanne Barr was fired for her tweets. Gunn also has crapped on SW fans cause of the Last Jedi. Gunn also has called Ben Shapiro a asshole cause of his political beliefs. And Ben Shapiro was against his firing.
Gunn and company are leftist who also had no issues de-platforming anybody who is not part of the far left, even attacking their own. And these same people would have KiwiFarms removed off the face of the Earth
And what Mike Cernovich did was use the Far Lefts tactic Rule Book agiasnt them and it worked.

As much as I hate what MC did cause it sinks the right to the far lefts level. Sometimes people just get tired of being crapped on from the far left and you want revenge. So, I understand MC intentions.

That being said. I do think James Gunn is a amazing director and loved Super and GOTG 1&2.
Also thought those Pedo jokes were funny as hell. really loved that Shindlers List meme joke
Also glad Gunn is back directing.
But Gunn's political views are shit cause is all SJW crap

And of course I don't think Gunn a pedo the same as I don't thin Barr is a racist. Cause I'm realist or have common sense.

But one think I found interesting of Gunn's comedy. When a person likes jokes, its usually mix content. But Gunn's comedy was mostly Pedo related, Not to mention hanging out with a person who was caught with CP and going to a costume party of adults dressing like kids.
I know I said Gunn is not Pedo. But all of this is very interesting

Clint Westwood

The fucking queso.
kiwifarms.net
They probably fired him in the first place to avoid having bad clout during the Fox merger. But it was interesting seeping Dave Autista sperging the fuck out over this.

I just can't stand the hypocrisy, though. People like Trump talked about grabbing pussy back in 2005, and people wanted him out of the presidency pathway because of it. Gunn, though, makes these weird pedo tweets some years ago, and people want him back?

He's now doing both Suicide Squad 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, from what I can tell.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
They probably fired him in the first place to avoid having bad clout during the Fox merger. But it was interesting seeping Dave Autista sperging the fuck out over this.

I just can't stand the hypocrisy, though. People like Trump talked about grabbing pussy back in 2005, and people wanted him out of the presidency pathway because of it. Gunn, though, makes these weird pedo tweets some years ago, and people want him back?

He's now doing both Suicide Squad 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, from what I can tell.
Not only that, but wasn't Gunn tweeting these kind of jokes to the actual pedo he was once associated with?

Weird stuff, man. To me, that was the most damning thing about the whole debacle. I hope that was just one wild coincidence and nothing else. I sincerely hope so.

Roseanne makes a poorly thought out tweet (that wasn't racist, actually ... Though the tweet was too easy to spin as racist, which is more than enough in Current Year) that she not only deletes almost immediately, but publicly apologizes for it profusely ... And then she gets shit canned like it's nothing. Despite the fact that she was bringing in SO many ratings for ABC at the time. After decades of what Roseanne did for them, this is how they treat her.

On the flip side, James Gunn, after apparently getting fired from Disney, gets immediately hired by WB for Suicide Squad 2, and then he gets re-hired to continue working on multi-billion dollar movies within months. Literally nothing happened to him, or his career. The controversy probably helped it, actually. I find it funny how all of the feminists in Hollywood are celebrating James Gunn, a white dude, when he clearly got better treatment over a veteran entertainer like Roseanne, an elderly woman. Don't actresses bitch and moan all of the time that they never get work after age 40? HM. FUNNY.

Also, I love how the leftists on Twitter get offended at EVERY joke ever ... Except pedo jokes, apparently.

¯\(ツ)

Last edited:

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Funny how they blame the 'alt right' for his firing for making pedo jokes, when Weinstein, whose atrocities caused #metoo to happen, was a longtime DNC contributor that everyone just let run free for decades.
Also funny is how no one even seems the least upset about Epstein since that case covers every rich person and powerful person from trump to clinton

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
Unlike the defensive posture exhibited by Kevin Hart that led him to skip hosting the Oscars, Gunn fell on his sword early and often and never lashed out at Disney.
Lol, nice little dig at Kevin Hart for no reason there. Is Kevin Hart the next celebrity effigy?

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
He's into some really wild shit.

View attachment 696593
Like, it's one thing to laugh at that story (because, well, animals are going to do their thing whether we like it or not). It's another thing to express how "extremely happy" it makes you feel.

The man could still be totally innocent ... But this is such a weird comment to make.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
The cynic in me notes that fter Endgame there is nothing compelling on the Marvel callender. They need a big established draw from a director who delivers the pop culture crack the kiddies crave. Or else the MCU stagnates like Star Wars. Gunn is that. People will show for a Gunn Guardians 3. Not so much a Captain Marvel 2 by nobodygivesafuck. Disneys morals and ideology aee always ultimately the bottom line. Money talks.

Gordon Cole

Yep, he's dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's my own two cents:

• Moviebob is undoubtedly creaming his jorts, though eight months worth of obsessive butthurt and sour grapes is nothing to sneeze at either.
  • Cernovitch is fucking exceptional, though I will give him credit for using the left's tactics against them, with one tweet along the lines of "We didn't invent social justice to be used against us" immediately springing to mind.
  • I really didn't have a horse in the race beyond "End Marvel sooner and piss off their manchild fans in the process", and I probably wasn't gonna watch GotG 3 regardless of who was directing it. But I respect Gunn despite his TDS, and as :optimistic: as it sounds, I hope he avoids Twitter like the plague after this for his sake.
  • And the most important lesson of all: If you're saying offensive things on the internet, use a fake name, nigger faggot cunts.

MrLobe

kiwifarms.net
If anything, they put Gunn in the timeout corner for drawing attention to their secret shenanigans. Kind of like what they did to Sacha Cohen:

We were shooting some of this at the time of Harvey Weinstein. We wanted to investigate how does someone like Harvey Weinstein gets away with doing what … get away with criminality, essentially. And the network that surrounds him. During the interview, I revealed that basically Gio has molested an eight-year-old boy. Now, mind you, this is extreme comedy and we thought that the guy would leave the room. Instead, this concierge stays in the room and I go, listen, you’ve got to help me get rid of the problem. And this guy starts advising Gio how to get rid of this issue.
And then at the end of the interview I say, listen, I want to go out and celebrate now. Can you get me a date for tonight? He says, ‘what do you mean, a date?’ I go, you know, like a young man. He says, ‘well, what kind of age?’ I say, lower than Bar Mitzvah but older than eight. And he says, ‘yeah, I can put you in touch with somebody who can get you some boys like that.’
“This concierge had said that he’d worked for politicians and various billionaires,” he added. “But in the end the FBI decided not to pursue it.”
Show cancelled.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
The cynic in me notes that fter Endgame there is nothing compelling on the Marvel callender. They need a big established draw from a director who delivers the pop culture crack the kiddies crave. Or else the MCU stagnates like Star Wars. Gunn is that. People will show for a Gunn Guardians 3. Not so much a Captain Marvel 2 by nobodygivesafuck. Disneys morals and ideology aee always ultimately the bottom line. Money talks.
Except Rosanne was putting up absolutely gangbusters numbers, and they kicked her to the curb without a second thought over a single tweet. So this explanation doesn't really wash.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino