Distinctions between Loveshies, PUAs, MRAs, and other Groups Discussion -

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This was brought up the other day somewhere but I have honestly always been confused at who exactly is a loveshy and who isn't a loveshy. The name of the subforum is called the Loveshy Therapy Center, but a lot of the time, we are really covering Red Pill people, PUAs, antifeminists in some cases, MRAs, MGTOW and many other distinct groups. I noticed that sometimes there's also some overlap between the different groups. There are even unusual cases where you have the founder of Manhood101.com being married and being fervently against MRAs and even pissing off the likes of FSchmidt but believing in his own warped worldview about how women act.

The reason I bring this up is because I don't think it would be a bad thing for the subforum to have a name change so it's a bit more general and more broad with all the different groups that are already covered. I just wonder if anyone else has been thinking the same way. I read that this subforum title was going to have Manosphere in it and I think that's a much better way to describe all of these people into an all encompassing title. I think it would also be beneficial to have a guide here for newbies to help go into a brief history of all these different groups or at least provide a definition of how MGTOW and MRAs differ from each other and examples of each.

Last edited:

yawning sneasel

Chadministrator
Staff Member
Community Admin
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is manosphere all utterly insane or are there normal parts of it? Like for instance does it include relatively harmless shit like dudebro humor sites?

I wouldn't really want to see the focus expanded to the non-crazies.
This is something I have been wondering ever since I started coming to this sub. I can see a lot of room for manosphere having guys that are giving advice to guys on how to be confident with other people or women that doesn't involve wanting to choke them with their dick or shouting at them incoherently.

Reactions: Sanae Kochiya

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is manosphere all utterly insane or are there normal parts of it? Like for instance does it include relatively harmless shit like dudebro humor sites?

I wouldn't really want to see the focus expanded to the non-crazies.
That's not what my intention would be. When I'm talking about Manosphere, I'm talking everything that's been covered in this sub. Nothing would really change that much, it's just a more catch all name for all of this shit.

Reactions: Sanae Kochiya

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
That's not what my intention would be. When I'm talking about Manosphere, I'm talking everything that's been covered in this sub. Nothing would really change that much, it's just a more catch all name for all of this shit.
It just seems "Manosphere" would also tend to capture harmless dudebro shit like Maddox. Someone like that might piss off SJWs but there's nothing wrong with him. He isn't a nut. Same with douchier sites like Tucker Max's shit. Yeah, that guy is a high grade asshole, but he's also often funny, is clearly male-oriented, and not a crazy.

The main problem with "Loveshy Therapy Center" that I can see is that shockingly some people have actually thought it was for therapy of some sort. I'm kind of lol wut at that, but it's happened.

ChuckSlaughter

You mean I got about 200 bitcoins
kiwifarms.net
This was brought up the other day somewhere but I have honestly always been confused at who exactly is a loveshy and who isn't a loveshy.
I intentionally call all of them loveshies to piss them off.
shockingly some people have actually thought it was for therapy of some sort. I'm kind of lol wut at that, but it's happened.
I hope it happens more.

GL99

Healers Love Me
kiwifarms.net
It just seems "Manosphere" would also tend to capture harmless dudebro shit like Maddox. Someone like that might piss off SJWs but there's nothing wrong with him. He isn't a nut. Same with douchier sites like Tucker Max's shit. Yeah, that guy is a high grade asshole, but he's also often funny, is clearly male-oriented, and not a crazy.
I'm not sure I'd worry about that. I suppose some of them like Maddox, but 'manosphere' usually refers to the loose grouping of blogs which defines itself more or less by its opposition to feminism and anxiety over the supposed plight of men in the "degenerate West." That's why there are many dating gurus (Dr. Nerdlove, for instance) who sometimes write about Pickup-Artist type stuff but aren't considered part of the manosphere or explicitly avoid any association with it. Same thing with male humor sites like Maddox, some manospherians probably like them, sure, but they're not often considered part of the "manosphere" proper.

In Tucker Max's case, they've explicitly abjured him for "selling out" or something. See here:

https://archive.li/8UOzn

Tucker's apparently "purple pill" now. I'm sure he's devastated.

BALLZ-BROKEN

double dippin' DHS
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure I'd worry about that. I suppose some of them like Maddox, but 'manosphere' usually refers to the loose grouping of blogs which defines itself more or less by its opposition to feminism and anxiety over the supposed plight of men in the "degenerate West."
You bring up a good point. There is a bit of an overlap between the loveshys, MRA/PUA's, and the Alt-Right and the NeoReactionary spergs. Aurini does talk about some Alt-Right stuff, Aaron Clarey has a thread, and you got RamzPaul cucking for Roosh.

I propose we call this forum "The Neg Hole". It works with both groups.

Feline Darkmage

Queen Trap Tank, the Vice Catto
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to have to second the Supreme Gentleman's Lounge suggestion. Or Cunt Destroyers United.

Ruin really makes it hard for me to choose.

Feline Darkmage

Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But anyway, more onto the actual thread topic. I'll give somewhat of a primer on the differences between a few of the groups.

Loveshies/Incels: We basically already know what these are. Just look at Marijan Siklic/CAAMIB/Coconut/whatever the fuck else he's gone by and his crew. Their websites like sluthate have inspired at least one mass shooting, and they are really angry permavirgins.

PUAs: Generally men who give tips on "how to pick up the ladies", several of these guys can get it completely wrong however, and veer off into sexist stereotyping. Just look at RoK. They (usually) hate MRAs for not having 'game'.

MRAs: Men's Rights Activists are people who are against what they see as a society or parts of society that disadvantage Men. Many of these are extremely antifeminist because they believe that feminism has become the establishment, and thus is responsible for the disadvantages that men face. Can overlap or hate the PUAs and same goes for their relationship to MGTOWs.

MGTOW: Men that have sworn off marriage and/or dating because they see women as feminist harpies or gold diggers. (ex: the youtube user Sandman) Can have overlap with MRA but not really PUA groups, as they are against dating. Some MGTOW have a kind of 'rivalry' with MRAs due to some incident a while back involving A Voice for Men.

Red Pill: Mainly overlap with the far right end of people considered PUAs or a few from the other groups and they have claimed to have woken up from the "Matrix" of the Matriarchy and discovered how gender roles "actually" should work. Since they consider themselves "enlightened", many others consider them "huge douchebags"

True Forced Loneliness: Also called TFL for short, is a movement started that took Loveshy's strangeness and basically crossed it over to David Icke/Alex Jones style illuminatti or reptilian conspiracy theorists. IIRC it was started by a name who's youtube handle was Bill followed by a long string of numbers (I don't remember the numbers sadly, but if someone can find that guy I would be grateful)

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But anyway, more onto the actual thread topic. I'll give somewhat of a primer on the differences between a few of the groups.

Loveshies/Incels: We basically already know what these are. Just look at Marijan Siklic/CAAMIB/Coconut/whatever the fuck else he's gone by and his crew. Their websites like sluthate have inspired at least one mass shooting, and they are really angry permavirgins.

PUAs: Generally men who give tips on "how to pick up the ladies", several of these guys can get it completely wrong however, and veer off into sexist stereotyping. Just look at RoK. They (usually) hate MRAs for not having 'game'.

MRAs: Men's Rights Activists are people who are against what they see as a society or parts of society that disadvantage Men. Many of these are extremely antifeminist because they believe that feminism has become the establishment, and thus is responsible for the disadvantages that men face. Can overlap or hate the PUAs and same goes for their relationship to MGTOWs.

MGTOW: Men that have sworn off marriage and/or dating because they see women as feminist harpies or gold diggers. (ex: the youtube user Sandman) Can have overlap with MRA but not really PUA groups, as they are against dating. Some MGTOW have a kind of 'rivalry' with MRAs due to some incident a while back involving A Voice for Men.

Red Pill: Mainly overlap with the far right end of people considered PUAs or a few from the other groups and they have claimed to have woken up from the "Matrix" of the Matriarchy and discovered how gender roles "actually" should work. Since they consider themselves "enlightened", many others consider them "huge douchebags"

True Forced Loneliness: Also called TFL for short, is a movement started that took Loveshy's strangeness and basically crossed it over to David Icke/Alex Jones style illuminatti or reptilian conspiracy theorists. IIRC it was started by a name who's youtube handle was Bill followed by a long string of numbers (I don't remember the numbers sadly, but if someone can find that guy I would be grateful)
It's bill1224601. He was mentioned on the PUA forums in the same threads that Calvin is, as Calvin shares the same TFL crap via another Strikerwolf-sized TFLer.

Feline Darkmage

Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's bill1224601. He was mentioned on the PUA forums in the same threads that Calvin is, as Calvin shares the same TFL crap via another Strikerwolf-sized TFLer.
Thanks! I was trying to remember him, could you show me some of the info on that Calvin guy though?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino