"Diverse" works that aren't woke - when diversity does not fuck a movie/game/book/show up

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.

Neet Tokusatsu Hero

I'm a hero, but still fat and a NEET
kiwifarms.net
One of my kids is rewatching Malcom in the Middle, and it wasn’t until the third season or so that I realized how diverse it really was. All of Hal’s friends are black dudes and aside from a joke or two about it, it’s never mentioned
They even made fun of Lois for having an SJW moment because she was sperging over an advertisement that had a Black janny selling malt liquor.

Malcolm in The Middle always was truly unique when it comes to portraying people of different races and backgrounds. We got Hal's friends, who are educated black dudes with good jobs, Stevie who is a black disabled kid, and yet he did't let his disability hold him back, and not to mention this scene.

"You white boys are the same, i got dark skin so i must dance with the birds and listen to the spirit of the wind? i got news for you, i work for a living, i'm baptized and i'm proud of it!"

It's like Malcolm in the Middle treated non-whites as you know... people.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Malcolm in The Middle always was truly unique when it comes to portraying people of different races and backgrounds. We got Hal's friends, who are educated black dudes with good jobs, Stevie who is a black disabled kid, and yet he did't let his disability hold him back, and not to mention this scene.

"You white boys are the same, i got dark skin so i must dance with the birds and listen to the spirit of the wind? i got news for you, i work for a living, i'm baptized and i'm proud of it!"

It's like Malcolm in the Middle treated non-whites as you know... people.
Even "owning the bigots" was tastefully done there too. If we had a racist grandma like theirs, we would troll her with Black friends too.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Final Fantasy IX had one of the most diverse casts in an RPG. You had a boy with a monkey tail, a young black mage, two girls that belong to a tribe of horned summoners, a rat lady that fought as a dragoon, a weird clown looking thing with a massive tongue, and a large green skinned man with massive firearms and dreads.Steiner was probably the only full on human out of the entirety of the main playable characters.

Then you had the temporary party members like Blank, who looks like some kind of Frankenstein experiment, and General Beatrix who wears a fancy looking eyepatch.

On top of all that, they were all interesting and well written characters. Their off the wall character designs didn’t carry them.

… Oh, we’re talking about real world diversity? Whoops.

The Nothingness

The one with no body!
kiwifarms.net
Having been a recently film, it's amazing that Bill & Ted Face the Music did not trash the title duo so that their daughters, Billie and Thea, would be the new faces of the series going forward. Even though the only white male musician that is recruited the past is Mozart, he too is not belittled for his skin color, sex, or social class. It was a good conclusion for the characters of Bill and Ted while there could be potential for daughters to be the focus in a spin-off entry.

Mr. ShadowCreek

kiwifarms.net
The Magic School Bus - Several characters are different races. It's just about these kids going on some crazy fieldtrips with their teacher Miss. Frizzle.

Holes - A subplot in the past has a romance between a black man and a white woman. The black man named Sam is killed by the towns folk and the white woman Kate becomes a criminal after he is killed. After Sam is killed it stops raining at Camp Green Lake for 100 years.

Sayonora - A 1950s film about a romance between an American man in the military and a Japanese woman. They both know the risk of being together but risk it anyway.

Aero the Alcoholic Bat

Rum and death, what more could you ask for?
kiwifarms.net
Holes - A subplot in the past has a romance between a black man and a white woman. The black man named Sam is killed by the towns folk and the white woman Kate becomes a criminal after he is killed. After Sam is killed it stops raining at Camp Green Lake for 100 years.

Awesome book, awesome movie.

PaleTay

kiwifarms.net
I liked Scream, seemed a little woke at the start but turned out not to be.
There was a lesbian who was bullied, but it seemed like the original plan was to have her be a killer because her best friend started hanging out with the popular, show got cancelled before it could tell the full story and had different producers for season 2