DNC Primaries 2020 Megathread -

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
This is one half of why I don't want free college for everyone. You want the taxpayers to pay for 4 years of deferring adulthood in summer camp to get a degree that is useless for career purposes? Why?

The other half is that half of our country's public high school graduates can't even read and write at a basic level, but Bernie doesn't seem to care about that since he can't make a pithy soundbite out of it.
Make high school something other than adolescent daycare and free college might be a good idea.

AGreatDipAtAFairPrice

kiwifarms.net
In the era of high speed internet and the Shitposter in Chief, the democrats are mistaken if they think they can say the moonbat stuff to get the nomination, then "moderate their positions" in the general without paying a price. There's no way. "We will raise your taxes to give health care to illegal immigrants" and all 10 candidates raising their hands? That doesn't get to be memory-holed anymore. This isn't 1989-2014 anymore, okay? The public position/private position/triangulation shit is a very risky play to run. I don't think it works.

MementoMalum

1 Corinthians 6:12
kiwifarms.net
Make high school something other than adolescent daycare and free college might be a good idea.
Do that, and free college probably wouldn't be needed. The issue is that college tuition is a massive scam in the US. Kids who don't even know what they want to do with their lives (because high school teaches very little effective real life skills) are encouraged and pressured into taking out tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars in loans (which you can't just get out of with a bankruptcy either). Add another layer of government bureaucracy to that mess and watch as banks, lenders, and colleges makes obscene amounts of cash while the taxpayer foots the bill.

It blows my mind that something like free college, with all the terrifying implications that it raises, is practically a moderate Democrat position at this point.

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
It's going to be just like last time. Trump will just barely win despite being generally disliked because his opposition is just so much worse.

On that note, Tulsi Gabbard being kind of hot is actually a pretty massive edge. Candidates get a lot of votes just for looking good on stage.
Tulsi is actually pretty good looking, not meme "hot" like AOC or Palin.

I don't know what's wrong with her that sucked her into politics. She could be married to a handsome, rich man by now.

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
Do that, and free college probably wouldn't be needed. The issue is that college tuition is a massive scam in the US. Kids who don't even know what they want to do with their lives (because high school teaches very little effective real life skills) are encouraged and pressured into taking out tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars in loans (which you can't just get out of with a bankruptcy either). Add another layer of government bureaucracy to that mess and watch as banks, lenders, and colleges makes obscene amounts of cash while the taxpayer foots the bill.

It blows my mind that something like free college, with all the terrifying implications that it raises, is practically a moderate Democrat position at this point.
I agree but I see no reason for the taxpayer to foot the bill for banks and colleges to teach useless shit.

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
My assumption is whoever wins the primaries will have to lean into the progressives to beat out the rest. The problem is after the primaries to beat Trump they have to win over the moderates. The problem is most moderates hate progressives policies. So I'm expecting the person who wins the in the primary will gain the progressive support but will lose to Trump because they locked themselves into the progressive talking points to win the primary. So if Trump wins remember to remind all the progressives their probably why he won again. https://news.gallup.com/poll/245462/democrats-favor-moderate-party-gop-conservative.aspx
The irony that Democratic voters want their party to go more to the center as certain politicians are insisting they need to go even harder Left meanwhile Conservative voters think Trump isn't Right enough.

OmniousAttributer

kiwifarms.net

I don't know what's wrong with her that sucked her into politics. She could be married to a handsome, rich man by now.
Is AOC becoming a Palin soon? I am not too familiar with the trend right now.

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
The irony that Democratic voters want their party to go more to the center as certain politicians are insisting they need to go even harder Left meanwhile Conservative voters think Trump isn't Right enough.
Trump tries to rally the right with words while keeping his actions in line with what the center can accept.

You know

Like someone who wants to get reelected

ElAbominacion

Somewhere in the Swamps south of the Mexico border
kiwifarms.net

She's married to some Hawaiian looking dude who surfs for a hobby. But she has no children.

That's a red flag, brah. At 38.

HeyYou

seriousposter
kiwifarms.net
Actually studies have been done that reveal overall establishing a singlepayer system is cheaper than continuing with our current bloated, inefficient privatized model.

And healthcare costs are the biggest cause of bankruptcy in America. A singlepayer system would reduce that number:

It would also give working-class Americans more money, because they wouldn't have to pay insurance premiums just for coverage. Any raise on taxes for the lower and middle class would be minimal, thanks to the fact that the rich would be taxes more. And I'm talking the ultra-wealthy.

If the plan was funded with higher marginal tax rates on the wealthy the average person would actually save money. Currently the rich in this country are not paying their fair share of taxes. We could fund healthcare on taxing them ALONE without hiking taxes on average joes. You also chose to conveniently ignore that we already pay for things like Medicare and Social Security, the military, police, public works....

Gee, guess I'll just never get sick ever then. Just cross my fingers and hope I never have to go to the emergency room or have touse an ambulance. You're still saddled with the bill if you use those services, especially if you don't have insurance.

The government already controls where you spend your money. You don't get to choose where we send our troops but you pay for that anyway. Somehow thats never an issue but getting a system in place that uses tax money to help our fellow countrymen is. There are only benefits to expanding medicare to cover everyone.
Taxing the rich obscene amounts would barely cover a couple years of the exceptional shit your side is suggesting. You fucking dumbasses seriously seem to forget that the US is operating at trillions and trillions of dollars a year and even the most obscene of suggested tax rates would not be enough.

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

kiwifarms.net

We have free college here in eastern europe up to 26 years old however State pays for it state controls it so it can work but not in case of Socializing the loses Privatizing the profits. Same thing with our healthcare, its 95% free but We actually have quality schools and dont try dumb mixed way shit.

So shit can work But you have to do it properly.

kadoink

kiwifarms.net

Prolly the allure of power under the guise of "responsibility". I got respect for her for serving as a combat medic, but as a politician shes not far from the people shes debating.

She was pushing the idea of "Hinduphobia" and how she was a victim of it like 5 months back and its the same stupid shit that they all push in the end.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino