DNC Primaries 2020 Megathread -

Ashy the Angel

The Cultural Marxist under your bed
kiwifarms.net
This is really it. There's no real idealism behind it. It's just the inchoate rage of the lazy, bellowing impotently at those who would dare take the slightest initiative to control their own destinies.

The outraged, unemployed keyboard warrior.
Someone born into wealth had no control over that fact.

Edit: And you're right, its not very idealistic. You're more idealistic than I am. You still believe the playing field is level. You still think capitalism isn't broken. You still believe that with enough elbow grease anybody can attain the American Dream, whatever the fuck that means anymore. You might think yourself cynical but you're far more optimistic than I ever was.

Last edited:

The Pink Panther

The Dumb Squash From Lugash
kiwifarms.net
And they have control over how well they can control said wealth as they grow up. Pick or choose. You either end up buying strippers, drugs, useless fashion, and other commodities like most celebrities do or you could make a business or expand your parent's form of wealth through a business that can give jobs to people, help the economy, and be the key to enhancing the field of business you go in.

And you're right, its not very idealistic. You're more idealistic than I am. You still believe the playing field is level. You still think capitalism isn't broken. You still believe that with enough elbow grease anybody can attain the American Dream, whatever the fuck that means anymore. You might think yourself cynical but you're far more optimistic than I ever was.
Lol. And what's wrong with trying? That is the weakest defense I've ever heard. Holy shit. What the fuck. How much of an unmotivated fuck are you? You're just like the religious right claiming "the end is near, the end is near". There is a leveled playing field and only those who are up to challenge get up there because they or their families have done the hard work to succeed and accumulate that wealth through their ambitions, unlike people like you who whine all the time about how unfair it is. Well, sometimes it is fair, sometimes it isn't. The world is your oyster, control your destiny and find ways to survive through any hardships neccessary. Constantly sitting in a fucking box talking about how you can't control your destiny when you have the ability to do things beyond what you think of (added with a little bit of realism to expectations), just shows how much of a sad, sorry person you are.

I'm not saying it is easy to succeed, many try, few do, but constantly dwelling on the ways you can't is an unhealthy perspective on the world.

Last edited:

break these cuffs

You must attack the word bastards
kiwifarms.net
And they have control over how well they can control said wealth as they grow up. Pick or choose. You either end up buying strippers, drugs, useless fashion, and other commodities like most celebrities do or you could make a business or expand your parent's form of wealth through a business that can give jobs to people, help the economy, and be the key to enhancing the field of business you go in.

Lol. And what's wrong with trying? That is the weakest defense I've ever heard. Holy shit. What the fuck. How much of an unmotivated fuck are you? You're just like the religious right claiming "the end is near, the end is near". There is a leveled playing field and only those who are up to challenge get up there because they or their families have done the hard work to succeed and accumulate that wealth through their ambitions, unlike people like you who whine all the time about how unfair it is. Well, sometimes it is fair, sometimes it isn't. The world is your oyster, control your destiny and find ways to survive through any hardships neccessary. Constantly sitting in a fucking box talking about how you can't control your destiny when you have the ability to do things beyond what you think of (added with a little bit of realism to expectations), just shows how much of a sad, sorry person you are.

I'm not saying it is easy to succeed, many try, few do, but constantly dwelling on the ways you can't is an unhealthy perspective on the world.
>telling a leftwing millennial to try
:story:

You really are hopelessly optimistic.

Pol Pots Pooter

kiwifarms.net
Military-industrial complex stuff.
The problem is we fell straight back into the trap we did in the late '70s and early '80s.

The defense industry vertically and horizontally segregates as much as possible to ensure their operations are distributed in as many key states and Congressional districts as economically feasible. They continually lobby Congress for shit the military doesn't need and doesn't want, and when the Pentagon asks for something they fuck around with their thumbs up their ass failing to produce results until oversight committees get involved, at which point they magic the desired product into existence. The Pentagon is incentivized to trap up about the racket, because lucrative post-retirement jobs are on the line and if there's anything the defense industry loves, it's a high-ranking officer in an influential position.

The F-35 is the biggest defense industry boondoggle to date, but by no means is it the first, latest, or the only one with potentially catastrophic implications on our great nation's capability to preemptively defend itself against brown people in third world shitholes with 50-year-old Soviet equipment. We've spent a trillion and a half dollars on a barely-functional aircraft the Pentagon didn't actually want, that can't even compete against 40-year-old aircraft in the very role for which it was custom-designed, which gets absolutely smoked by the equally-old competition in any other role.

Basically the entire aerospace side of our military industrial complex got together, look a good hard look at BAE's "work" on the Bradley, and said "hold our beers".

Frankly, we could probably get the same results if not better, at half the cost or less, if we actually focused on efficiency and maximizing returns on investment in the development, management, and operations of our defense industry and armed forces, instead of just treating it all like a giant fucking money toilet.

HeyYou

seriousposter
kiwifarms.net

Edit: And you're right, its not very idealistic. You're more idealistic than I am. You still believe the playing field is level. You still think capitalism isn't broken. You still believe that with enough elbow grease anybody can attain the American Dream, whatever the fuck that means anymore. You might think yourself cynical but you're far more optimistic than I ever was.
It's always people who haven't actually been to the shittiest parts of the country that actually believe capitalism is broken. West Virginian's lives suck right now, I know because I've been there and stayed in Davis every summer, but their lives are 50x better than the lives of commoners 200 years ago. There's a huge medium ground between "capitalism is god and has no issues" and "capitalism is broken, you just don't see it yet SHEEP". The fact of the matter is that there will always be an underclass that does the shitty work. Always. No society, including communist, has managed to eliminate that fact. All this progress was made under capitalism. Insult that statement all you want, I know communists are quick to laugh at crediting an entire economic system for this stuff (despite the tendency they have to be just as susceptible to defending their ideology and crediting it with stuff), but it's true. Capitalism, by all measures, is the modern successful economic system.

I absolutely believe capitalism can be improved so that people have as much of an even playing field as possible, but that doesn't involve beating a drum and saying "capitalism is doomed, drink our kool-aid instead and your life will be perfect" because that's bullshit. Complete societal and economic change needs to be made in only the most desperate of circumstances and the US is nowhere, nowhere near that desperate. Communism, or the smarter communist thinkers, actually do make a few good points, but the current crop of communists have the most toxic way of thinking possible. You absolutely can think of some of the good aspects of our current system, man.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net

The playing field isn't level and it never will be. It's just the nature of reality. People born to wealth are in control of their own destinies, yes, but they can sustain more fuckups and still come out of it ok than someone born poor. A hardworking, intelligent poor person can still go very far, and a lazy, idiotic, rich person can still end up poor. But it's a bit lopsided. Nothing that can be done about that without making the situation worse though I think.

The problem is we fell straight back into the trap we did in the late '70s and early '80s.

The defense industry vertically and horizontally segregates as much as possible to ensure their operations are distributed in as many key states and Congressional districts as economically feasible. They continually lobby Congress for shit the military doesn't need and doesn't want, and when the Pentagon asks for something they fuck around with their thumbs up their ass failing to produce results until oversight committees get involved, at which point they magic the desired product into existence. The Pentagon is incentivized to trap up about the racket, because lucrative post-retirement jobs are on the line and if there's anything the defense industry loves, it's a high-ranking officer in an influential position.

The F-35 is the biggest defense industry boondoggle to date, but by no means is it the first, latest, or the only one with potentially catastrophic implications on our great nation's capability to preemptively defend itself against brown people in third world shitholes with 50-year-old Soviet equipment. We've spent a trillion and a half dollars on a barely-functional aircraft the Pentagon didn't actually want, that can't even compete against 40-year-old aircraft in the very role for which it was custom-designed, which gets absolutely smoked by the equally-old competition in any other role.

Basically the entire aerospace side of our military industrial complex got together, look a good hard look at BAE's "work" on the Bradley, and said "hold our beers".

Frankly, we could probably get the same results if not better, at half the cost or less, if we actually focused on efficiency and maximizing returns on investment in the development, management, and operations of our defense industry and armed forces, instead of just treating it all like a giant fucking money toilet.
Call me optimistic but I think basically all of this can be fixed just by putting the military in charge of all R&D again instead of having a civilian bureaucracy handling it.

OmniousAttributer

kiwifarms.net

See. People like this is why America is fucked. They don't work. They don't believe in work. They haven't even tried to work. And now they want the government to bail them out because they took one risk in their life and that's student loan.

Fucking losers.

OmniousAttributer

kiwifarms.net
The playing field isn't level and it never will be. It's just the nature of reality. People born to wealth are in control of their own destinies, yes, but they can sustain more fuckups and still come out of it ok than someone born poor. A hardworking, intelligent poor person can still go very far, and a lazy, idiotic, rich person can still end up poor. But it's a bit lopsided. Nothing that can be done about that without making the situation worse though I think.
Wealth is accumulated over generations of work ethics and tradition. Look at successful families and look at self made man. We only look at self made man and forget how difficult it is to build generations of wealth.

My town has thousands of white trash whose forefathers came to the land, built or purchased the house, and increased the household wealth. Newer generation stopped building that wealth. They live off the wealth and property that their parents have built and work three days a week on minimum wage job because guess what they don't have mortgage. They don't give a shit about car they drive. They are literally living breathing talking shitting eating garbage. After they are dead, all their shit will be someone else because they couldn't maintain their forefathers tradition and wealth building.

This is how it operates over and over again. Most children of millionaires and successful figures end up in shit situation after 2-3 generation. Wealth and success breeds incompetence if tradition is not passed down and new generation no longer appreciates what they have.

Liberals only like to talk about now. They are short sighted. Dumb. Illogical. Doesn't care about future generation or wealth and knowledge building through generations. They only care now. Today. I want it. I want it now.

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net

I know for a fact that the playing field isn't level. Ask your Queen how much money she owes me.

The Pink Panther

The Dumb Squash From Lugash
kiwifarms.net
Liberals only like to talk about now. They are short sighted. Dumb. Illogical. Doesn't care about future generation or wealth and knowledge building through generations. They only care now. Today. I want it. I want it now.

I know for a fact that the playing field isn't level. Ask your Queen how much money she owes me.
What queen are you referring to?

Last edited:

yourfinancials

kiwifarms.net
Someone born into wealth had nAlright .
alright so I am going mention my two cents.

all systematic injustice and error is a result of scale.

Let say you have two friends (that makes three total) and are debating what to order in. You ask them to raise hands on what they want. One of them raise hands if asked if they want Chinese. You and other guy raise hands at mention of pizza.

The validity of the vote is more certain among three people versus 300 million. Larger scale voting becomes tricky. Such as ballot stuffing, dead voting, political motivated ballot purges ect.

also lets say you live as a roommate among two other people. Your wallet is missing cash. It becomes way easier to figure out who stole your money among four people (and easier to who op their ass for their misdeeds) then among 300 millio n.

see where I'm going with this?

you are not going change the world or fix it. It been tried many times. The best you can do is gather up a posse who support you and you support them. Try a commune or start one. A lot of political systems work better on the smaller scale and the best you can do is get a group behind you to act as a bulwark against the fuckery directed to you by the world at large.

You will more likely achieve your ideal society and be far more happier in a collective of 150 of people who share resources versus trying to force your beliefs upon us and world at large by voting in corrupt uncaring politicians who fuck people over whenever they can and in a system broken beyond repair.

also I have seen various people collectivize as a means to get ahead and gain wealth. Immigrants do this all the time as a family and end result dominate local economies. If you want money maybe copy their method of success?

alright so I am going mention my two cents.

all systematic injustice and error is a result of scale.

Let say you have two friends (that makes three total) and are debating what to order in. You ask them to raise hands on what they want. One of them raise hands if asked if they want Chinese. You and other guy raise hands at mention of pizza.

The validity of the vote is more certain among three people versus 300 million. Larger scale voting becomes tricky. Such as ballot stuffing, dead voting, political motivated ballot purges ect.

also lets say you live as a roommate among two other people. Your wallet is missing cash. It becomes way easier to figure out who stole your money among four people (and easier to who op their ass for their misdeeds) then among 300 millio n.

see where I'm going with this?

you are not going change the world or fix it. It been tried many times. The best you can do is gather up a posse who support you and you support them. Try a commune or start one. A lot of political systems work better on the smaller scale and the best you can do is get a group behind you to act as a bulwark against the fuckery directed to you by the world at large.

You will more likely achieve your ideal society and be far more happier in a collective of 150 of people who share resources versus trying to force your beliefs upon us and world at large by voting in corrupt uncaring politicians who fuck people over whenever they can and in a system broken beyond repair.

also I have seen various people collectivize as a means to get ahead and gain wealth. Immigrants do this all the time as a family and end result dominate local economies. If you want money maybe copy their method of success?
Lol no, he wants the communism where he gets to be a gay furry all day and not work and gets everything he wants anyway. Having to actually work? Hah!

yourfinancials

kiwifarms.net
Lol no, he wants the communism where he gets to be a gay furry all day and not work and gets everything he wants anyway. Having to actually work? Hah!
good luck with that.
only way he going get money for little or nothing is stealing or crime.
I just wanted sperg my warrantless political opinions.

if he doesn't wanna work join or start a gang and Rob Google or something.

Pol Pots Pooter

kiwifarms.net
Call me optimistic but I think basically all of this can be fixed just by putting the military in charge of all R&D again instead of having a civilian bureaucracy handling it.
Nah. Just regulate lobbying (needs to happen anyway, not limited to the defense industry), institute a "no revolving door" policy for retired military, prohibit requisitions and recommendations that don't come from the Pentagon first, and institute a weighted bidding process for contracts that prioritizes bidders with histories of delivering products that meet or exceed expectations ahead of time and under budget.

niggers

GOT A FEELING I CAN'T SHAKE IT
kiwifarms.net

look, imma be real: "the american dream" is a term made by historians in the 30s looking to jerk off uncle sam for government money

capitalism is a bitch, but it's a bitch we can manage. hard work won't get you fortune, but you'll survive, probably. hard work and savvy mean you can get pretty far. hard work, savvy, and luck (rich dad, good markets, etc) are required for that top spot. never once in human history has "elbow grease" been soley all it took to succeed

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
Not exactly the president of the inheritance fan club, and I have yet to see a way to integrate inheritance into the ideology of free markets.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino