Do most people not have inner monologue/voices? - I'm not a schizo am I?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Do you have an inner monologue?

• Yes

Votes: 56 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take your meds schizo

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Only when I don't take my meds

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

Corpun

Keeper of the Kawaii Avatars
kiwifarms.net
I remember seeing a Reddit screenshot a while back somewhere, maybe it was 4chan. It was basically a bunch of Redditors talking about how they lack an inner monologue. I think in that thread or a similar one talking about the subject someone posted your regular /pol/ unsourced infograph on people who responded to whether or not they have one, with he majority saying they don't.

Are some people just born without one? Can it be taken away? Is it a person's soul or something? Are people without one inherently more susceptible to being cattle for whatever people in charge want? What is it like for people without one?

I'm surely not the only one with an inner monologue, or at least I hope so.

MediocreMilt

I'm sorry. It had to be this way.
kiwifarms.net
"I remember seeing a Reddit screenshot a while back somewhere, maybe it was 4chan. It was basically a bunch of Redditors talking about how they lack an inner monologue. I think in that thread or a similar one talking about the subject someone posted your regular /pol/ unsourced infograph on people who responded to whether or not they have one, with he majority saying they don't."

No, most people did have one, and the combination of "there are people out there with no inner voice" and a guy waxing virginity on /v/ led to the NPC meme.

Knight of the Rope

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

noco

Recently Divorced
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"I remember seeing a Reddit screenshot a while back somewhere, maybe it was 4chan. It was basically a bunch of Redditors talking about how they lack an inner monologue. I think in that thread or a similar one talking about the subject someone posted your regular /pol/ unsourced infograph on people who responded to whether or not they have one, with he majority saying they don't."

No, most people did have one, and the combination of "there are people out there with no inner voice" and a guy waxing virginity on /v/ led to the NPC meme.
EVdwK0hXkAEKY8B.jpg
7 billion people, you can't expect them all to be sentient can you?

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2446892
7 billion people, you can't expect them all to be sentient can you?

Seriously? How hard is it to envision a fucking apple?

These people are all lying to be "different".

I have read that some people lack inner monologue. I usually don't think in words. But they are concepts that mean what they mean clearly enough. I feel that's basically the same thing. But I can totally think in words and do.

I read that abbos tend to think more in pictures.

Lil' Hog

*Oink Oink*
kiwifarms.net

Redditors are fucking weird, holy shit.

Big moth tiddies

Anyone got a light?
kiwifarms.net
Lots of people are dumb. Like, really fucking dumb. It makes perfect sense to me that many of them don't have a voice challenging them not to do stupid shit. I've known someone who claims he doesn't have one, and he's done tons of stupid shit, and I can only attribute it to his mind not having that little voice that says "Hey idiot, maybe don't."

What I would really love to see is a breakdown by race, and another breakdown by people who have committed a crime.
Any inferences you make of those two things are entirely your fault.

Aidan

kiwifarms.net
I don't understand how you can be literate, on the internet, and not have some sort of "inner monologue" or at least inner voice. I've always assumed that the people who say they lack an "inner monologue" misunderstand what is meant by that and so say they don't have it. I'm sure plenty of people don't have it but how can you read in your head and not have something going on in there?

Thoughts are complicated though, I thought about this a bit on a long drive once and it's not like every thought is formed with words and it's not like you have to solve every problem using an internal narration. Even if you're highly literate, reading is second nature so is not necessarily a "monologue" in your mind, which is why avid readers often really imagine what's in the books they're reading and can experience them as they read them. If you're competent at math and working out a math problem, your thoughts are not going to be dominated by words at the time but are a complete mess of math-related jumping around.

All that to say I think most of those redditfags are full of shit and misunderstanding the question, but I'm sure plenty of people don't have one. Donald Knuth, a modern day genius who has touched all of our lives whether you know it or not, cannot visualize 3d shapes in his head by his own admission.

General Disarray

The world is a curse it will kill if you let it
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lots of people are dumb. Like, really fucking dumb. It makes perfect sense to me that many of them don't have a voice challenging them not to do stupid shit. I've known someone who claims he doesn't have one, and he's done tons of stupid shit, and I can only attribute it to his mind not having that little voice that says "Hey idiot, maybe don't."

What I would really love to see is a breakdown by race, and another breakdown by people who have committed a crime.
Any inferences you make of those two things are entirely your fault.
Yeah I think it's called a conscience. I personally know someone who has neither an internal dialog nor the ability to imagine things. Am astounded he can function (a relative term as he's an alcoholic, shocker).

SSj_Ness

Time to rape organized crime
kiwifarms.net
Depends on if I'm actually thinking or not. If I get up to take a piss I don't have a voice guiding me or some shit. But if there's an important decision to be made, yeah, of course.

Also, when I should be doing something that I'm not then that inner monologue starts bugging me, and I turn it off so I can waste my life watching YouTube videos in peace.

MundusVivendi

Join the Cult of Sorrow, slave.
kiwifarms.net
Well, if they lack any sort of soul, no wonder there's no inner voice in them retarded minds.

Although, if you have too many of them... Hoooo boy you better not.