Do politicians actually believe global warming is a real treat in the near future?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Unyielding Stupidity

Zero women, zero money, seven undiscovered bodies.
kiwifarms.net
Every cult loves a good doomsday prophecy, and we all know that the elites certainly love their cults. Just ask Moloch!

Jokes aside, the fact that every single elite that harps on about how "the climate crisis is going to kill us all" is perfectly fine with shipping polluting industries over to countries with no environmental regulations, enabling the explosive population growth in Africa, demonizing nuclear power in favour of "renewables" that cause a lot of environmental damage due to the way the required rare earth metals are harvested, and who usually own beachfront property or private jets themselves? Really doesn't sell you on the idea that this is something urgent, especially since they've been saying that we're 10 years from total climate collapse for well over half a century at this point.

Carlos Weston Chantor

Experienced For Barb's Pleasure
kiwifarms.net
Imagine if someone stopped your car and pulled you out of it GTA style while saying "bro sorry I'm taking your car the weather is getting warm!!!". This is exactly what the politicians are doing except that they will take much more from you than your car. In fact, they will stop at nothing and take away everything you have

Last edited:

Irrational Exuberance

SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!
kiwifarms.net
Imagine if someone stopped your car and pulled you out of it GTA style while saying "bro sorry I'm taking your car the weather is getting warm!!!". This is exactly what the politicians are doing except that they will take much more from you than your car. In fact, they will stop at nothing and take away everything you have
So, it's like in GTA where they take your car and run you over with it?

Zyklon Ben's Poison Pen

You Get What You Fucking Deserve
kiwifarms.net
The modern career politician will believe whatever they need to believe to get the clout they need to continue their career. They are sociopathic chameleons who will pivot on a dime to alter their "beliefs" and "principles" for power. This is the consequence of having some two faced moneyed up shitheel graduate from "grand institution" with a PHD in sphincter exploration going straight into politics. I heard somewhere for example that in the UK 30% of the representatives in parliament were from the working class/Unions in the 70's and now its not even 1%.

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
I think it is fake and just an excuse to push taxes on normies.

If they did believe it was an existential threat, they would have at least tried to seriously address the third world's pollution. The fact that somehow only whitey-s car makes the Earth go all "Inferno by 2025" does not look scientific at all.

celebrityskin

!عاش بني معروف
kiwifarms.net
Much like "because of covid", a big part of it is a psyop to get the plebs to accept a lower quality of life ("no personal car because climate change", "no more overseas holidays because climate change", "no kids because climate change" etc.)

Skitzels

kiwifarms.net
They don’t, and if you want a prime example of this look no further than Canada’s PM Justin Trudeau.

1640868365505.jpeg

He’s fanned the flames in regards to “muh climate change”, and has slapped on a carbon tax which is causing everything in this godforsaken country to become three to ten more expensive as it was in 2015.

Meanwhile, he gets to fly around the world and the country which costs far more fuel than any Canadian would burn in a lifetime.

Weeb_Killer

kiwifarms.net
250 million years ago a series of volcanos went off in Siberia that resulted in the temperature of the earth increasing by 5c over the span of a hundred thousand years. The result? 97% of all species went extinct.

The temperature of the earth has increased by 1c in the past 140 years alone. If life struggled to adapt with that kind of change in the space of 20,000 years, what chance do we have? Now it's debateable to what extent that is down purely to humans or the result other natural processes, I'm not educated enough to have any concrete opinion on that. My guess however is that we are responsible. Either way, we're at the mercy of nature's folly and as a species, I don't think we can do anything about it. We especially can't make a dent in the problems when smelly pajeets and low-brow chinks insist on burning more coal annually than everyone else in history combined. If we were smart, we'd shore up our flood defenses now where we could and perfect indoor farming at all costs. Instead people have the hubris to believe we can terraform this planet in a way that we can effectively control.

One thing I am certain of is people in authority and high finance using this for their own ends. Whether it be profiteers, great reset technocrats, or simply used as another excuse for the professional classes to pour scorn on the lowly underlings of society. They don't want you to own property. They don't want you to have holidays, or even opinions for that matter. They don't want you to have any creature comforts, and they certainly don't want you owning your own car.

Only thing anyone can hope for is that you live long enough to see it all collapse, using forums like this to laugh and lament as we all slowly dissolve into the abyss together like the mummified citizens of Pompeii. It's thoughts like that which keep me warm at night.

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
250 million years ago a series of volcanos went off in Siberia that resulted in the temperature of the earth increasing by 5c over the span of a hundred thousand years. The result? 97% of all species went extinct.

The temperature of the earth has increased by 1c in the past 140 years alone. If life struggled to adapt with that kind of change in the space of 20,000 years, what chance do we have? Now it's debateable to what extent that is down purely to humans or the result other natural processes, I'm not educated enough to have any concrete opinion on that. My guess however is that we are responsible. Either way, we're at the mercy of nature's folly and as a species, I don't think we can do anything about it. We especially can't make a dent in the problems when smelly pajeets and low-brow chinks insist on burning more coal annually than everyone else in history combined. If we were smart, we'd shore up our flood defenses now where we could and perfect indoor farming at all costs. Instead people have the hubris to believe we can terraform this planet in a way that we can effectively control.

One thing I am certain of is people in authority and high finance using this for their own ends. Whether it be profiteers, great reset technocrats, or simply used as another excuse for the professional classes to pour scorn on the lowly underlings of society. They don't want you to own property. They don't want you to have holidays, or even opinions for that matter. They don't want you to have any creature comforts, and they certainly don't want you owning your own car.

Only thing anyone can hope for is that you live long enough to see it all collapse, using forums like this to laugh and lament as we all slowly dissolve into the abyss together like the mummified citizens of Pompeii. It's thoughts like that which keep me warm at night.

Those were more toxic and honestly it was like "Russia is now lava" .

But I for one, welcome our new Krieg way of life. The gasmask only makes it cuter.

The Nothingness

The one with no body!
kiwifarms.net
They obviously don't given the continued use of private jets, mega yachts, and giant beach homes. The only way they'll move away from places that supposedly are going to be underwater years from now and inland is if the elites separate themselves from the "little people". They will settle in towns/cities with high real estate they can afford or build luxurious mansions like the Biltmore House far from the plebs.

Last edited:

Ser Prize

kiwifarms.net

If they felt really threatened they'd stop buying beachfront property. Barring yellowstone exploding I don't think we're in danger of another Hell Earth scenario.

frozenrunner

Infinitely worse 2022 confirmed
kiwifarms.net
No. They are only incentivized to think short term about everything, and global warming is a foolproof way for them to get what they want: wild, unaccountable claims about the far future that indicate you have to give them more money and power now. No refunds.

I remember pointing out to a leftie former friend that the Obama administration had all three branches of government under their control early in his first term and, instead of passing the planet-saving climate legislation leftists said we urgently needed, they just forced through Obamacare instead. Who needs healthcare if the planet is doomed without us taking action? She just got mad at me :story:

Ser Prize

kiwifarms.net
No. They are only incentivized to think short term about everything, and global warming is a foolproof way for them to get what they want: wild, unaccountable claims about the far future that indicate you have to give them more money and power now. No refunds.

I remember pointing out to a leftie former friend that the Obama administration had all three branches of government under their control early in his first term and, instead of passing the planet-saving climate legislation leftists said we urgently needed, they just forced through Obamacare instead. Who needs healthcare if the planet is doomed without us taking action? She just got mad at me :story:
Serves you right for arguing politics with women.

Enceladus

Saturn's Most Autistic Moon
kiwifarms.net
Given how environmentally destructive globalism is by its very nature I don't think they care. The incentive structure rewards manufacturing things with slave labor and then transporting it across the planet to sell in rich countries using the dirtiest fuels imaginable.

You have global shipping that is massively subsidized by the Chinese government. Fossil fuels massively subsidized by pretty much all governments. Shutting down nuke plants and using coal instead. Your $30 pair of Walmart shoes have an epic environmental cost that is completely hidden from the consumer. We are all complicit in it. And it is all going to go up in flames eventually.

RayBlue123(TransRights)

kiwifarms.net
I just want to ask = What is your opinion on the Clean Air Act, Endangered Species Act, and the EPA? I oppose deforestation, pollution, and I love American nature.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hope evil doesn't succeed in making a one-world tyranny using climate change - real or not - as an excuse.

Sanshain

Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.
kiwifarms.net
I can not reveal a source but I was given classified reports some time ago that were given to certain members of the United States government that outlined with high degrees of certainty what will happen in the immediate, short and long term and I can assure you it was all very, very bad.

Did the whole office clap, too?