Do you believe Covid-19 was bioterrorism? -

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Let's be honest, bio-terrorism has been talked about as a potential threat since the early 2000's. And for the longest time nothing came about it so I think everyone just forgot about such a thing even being possible until last year. I wouldn't put it past China to do this even despite everything about speculative journalism suggesting the Chinese government creating it being debunked. We just don't know for certain. They locked down their own people for several months but several people were still ''allowed'' to leave and go to other countries which is how the virus spread.

I believed the bat and pangolin at the market story but now I'm thinking it wasn't in good faith.

Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 16.20.49.png

Last edited:

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
I think it's possible but speculating about it isn't worth the time and energy. We already know COVID-19 was covered up and otherwise mishandled grossly by the Chinese and this was the main reason it got as bad as it did. Pondering a detail like whether it was a deliberate release or just the usual Chinese incompetence and consequent attempt to save face isn't something worth much of your brainpower without some kind of incredible smoking gun that would count as evidence enough to get things like sanctions or worse put on China - and that's assuming anybody would be willing to stick it to the Chinese at all, which really doesn't seem to be the case these days.

Canaan

Wants To Physically Beat the Shit Out of a Demon
kiwifarms.net
i think if something was actually bioterrorism we would know within a few months, it was suspicious china made it in the beginning because covid, when they first where reporting it in wuhan, supposedly had its effects nullified better by alcohol (uyghurs can't drink) but now with everything we know its pretty far fetched

The Last Stand

Be very, VERY gay.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think China was deliberate with COVID. The United States so happened to just let it spread. Multiple ways.

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
I think China was deliberate with COVID. The United States so happened to just let it spread. Multiple ways.
Once it hit the US there was definitely malfeasance afoot, likely mixed in with more gross incompetence to the point it wasn't always to tell which was which at first. After some of the bombshells like the reveal on Cuomo's coverup though it becomes clearer (at the VERY least in NY's case) that some of these fuckheads clearly saw an opportunity and took it.

Me personally, I don't care which US officials were incompetent or malicious anymore, they should all decorate lampposts in Minecraft.

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
I think it occurred naturally, the chinese started fucking around with it, and they fucked up so it got out. It seems stupid to target a large section of your own population so I'll settle with them just being incompetent.
The Chinese have a breathtakingly low opinion of the value of human life. I could see them using their own population as a testbed for a bioweapon, or as a way to predicate an even harder crackdown on people like the Hong Kong dissidents, or as a flimsy pretext for "Ebil Amellican Debirs Hit Us With Bioweapon! We invade Taiwan now, crush Western pigdogs!". Take your pick. The only thing more notable about the Chinese government than their gross incompetence and cheap view of human life is their overarching desire to fuck over absolutely EVERYONE else in the world, even if doing so results in the deaths of Chinese nationals.

Exorbital Columnations

A dog's rights activist, a lover, a friend.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You'd think a bio weapon would be a little more effective. Once you get past the hype this is just a virulent cold, hardly worth bringing the potential wrath of the world down on yourself to knock off a bunch of fatties and octogenarians.

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
You'd think a bio weapon would be a little more effective. Once you get past the hype this is just a virulent cold, hardly worth bringing the potential wrath of the world down on yourself to knock off a bunch of fatties and octogenarians.
It might have been a test-run for the infection rate. More likely just incredible dumbassery that led to a breach of lab containment protocol, but something I've been hearing murmured is how incredibly infectious and mutable this thing is, and how we should be pretty glad that it isn't more debilitating and lethal than it currently is. As it is it's been surprisingly unpredictable in who it fucks up at times - yeah, you'd expect the elderly and infirm to get hit by this like a speeding cement truck, these are people that a common cold poses a reasonable threat to. There are people who you wouldn't think would be in serious danger getting utterly shithammered by this thing. Might be things like cytokine storms, might be a particularly nasty mutation, we might never know for sure given how much FUD is being circulated about it. I will say that Cuomo's stunt is even worse than people realize, because he didn't just kill off a bunch of oldsters, he increased the likelihood that a more lethal strain could propagate. He fucking FED people to that virus. The lethality of a given strain was no longer a limiting factor on its spread.

I can sincerely say that the fact that Cuomo likely won't be sentenced to death by hanging anytime soon is an actual miscarriage of justice.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
The Chinese have a breathtakingly low opinion of the value of human life. I could see them using their own population as a testbed for a bioweapon, or as a way to predicate an even harder crackdown on people like the Hong Kong dissidents, or as a flimsy pretext for "Ebil Amellican Debirs Hit Us With Bioweapon! We invade Taiwan now, crush Western pigdogs!". Take your pick. The only thing more notable about the Chinese government than their gross incompetence and cheap view of human life is their overarching desire to fuck over absolutely EVERYONE else in the world, even if doing so results in the deaths of Chinese nationals.
The Chinese never really cared about the lives of the peasants, as a quick history lesson would tell you. And a leaked bioweapon generally kills people within a specific timeframe as opposed to potentially killing you over the course of two weeks.

As it is, it's the just China being more incompetent than what they're normally are.

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't shake the nagging suspicion that it was payback for Trump's tariffs on China, which were having the desired effect of strengthening our economy while weakening theirs. Not saying I believe it is so, but I do have that nagging suspicion.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
it's certainly possible and seems pretty plausible when you consider that
>it first appeared in wuhan
>wuhan is the location of a high security virology research laboratory
>this laboratory has been working on the SARS coronavirus and related strains of coronavirus for a long time
there's this page where a bunch of info about this shit is gathered: https://project-evidence.github.io/

to me the most likely explanation is that someone at the lab fucked up and allowed a lab animal that was carrying a research virus to escape the facility, that animal then somehow infected a human which became patient zero for the pandemic. either that, or a careless researcher got himself infected while working at the lab, and then unknowingly spread the virus around the city.

i think i also read somewhere about some high ranking people working at the virology lab being disappeared and wiped from public memory shortly after the outbreak

Last edited: