Do you believe that Leanna was groomed by Phil?

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.

Was Leanna groomed by Phil while she was underage?

• Total voters

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is something not really talked about all too much and all this talk of groomers, groomer gangs, groom this, groom that, it got me wondering.

Pardon if this OP post is a little sloppy but I'm going off of stream of consciousness.

We know that she knew of Phil when she was at least 16/17. I remember there was an impromptu interview with her not long after Phil showed her off in a video I can no longer find a mirror of. Note: Phil decided to show off Leanna and announce their relationship just a few months after her 18th birthday (with the caption "Panda Lee is NOT Asian. That is all."). In the interview, Leanna said she knew who Phil was because of his YT channel and was a fan of his. It's not hard to imagine he plied her with excessive gifts and promises of letting her start her own business.

The full gory details of when he started propositioning her have yet to be revealed. But I imagine it's Leanna's nuclear option should Phil really piss her off.

Personally, I think she was groomed.

actually

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To me, it comes down to whether or not you believe Phil had the maturity to actively be trying to groom her. That is, was he going after her because she was underage and easy to manipulate, or was he going after her because he's such an enormous loser that he was willing to chase after any girl/woman that showed interest in him? The way he ended up with Khet suggests the latter to me. This is not to say that him getting with a plainly immature 18 year old at the ripe age of 30 or whatever isn't creepy/pathetic as fuck because it very much is.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To me, it comes down to whether or not you believe Phil had the maturity to actively be trying to groom her. That is, was he going after her because she was underage and easy to manipulate, or was he going after her because he's such an enormous loser that he was willing to chase after any girl/woman that showed interest in him? The way he ended up with Khet suggests the latter to me. This is not to say that him getting with a plainly immature 18 year old at the ripe age of 30 or whatever isn't creepy/pathetic as fuck because it very much is.
I personally believe, based on the kind of person he is, that Phil never had a girlfriend before Leanna. Went on a few dates at best. Probably fucked a few prostitutes. But as far as a real actual girlfriend I'd say Leanna was his first. So yes, I'd say he was desperate to get her and pay for her trips out to Connecticut plus the expensive gifts. I remember in one Xmas vlog he gave her $500+ in soap making supplies. It no doubt motivated him to get the BMW as well to show off to her and his detractors.

He saw her as a trophy and later a maid. In the first video with her, he shows her off like "Be jealous, haters! I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND SHE'S NOT ASIAN!" Plus he waited a few months until after she turned 18 because he knew how it would look. I agree that he is desperate for any kind of female companion but I think -at the end of the day- he lucked out and got with a fan who was young, easily impressionable and very immature.

FamicomGorby

kiwifarms.net
I personally believe, based on the kind of person he is, that Phil never had a girlfriend before Leanna. Went on a few dates at best. Probably fucked a few prostitutes. But as far as a real actual girlfriend I'd say Leanna was his first. So yes, I'd say he was desperate to get her and pay for her trips out to Connecticut plus the expensive gifts. I remember in one Xmas vlog he gave her $500+ in soap making supplies. It no doubt motivated him to get the BMW as well to show off to her and his detractors.

He saw her as a trophy and later a maid. In the first video with her, he shows her off like "Be jealous, haters! I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND SHE'S NOT ASIAN!" Plus he waited a few months until after she turned 18 because he knew how it would look. I agree that he is desperate for any kind of female companion but I think -at the end of the day- he lucked out and got with a fan who was young, easily impressionable and very immature.
Yeah even if Dave only started talking to Leanna after she turned 18 it would still be creepy as fuck since he was in his 30's at the time.

I think what Dave did could be considered grooming, him with Leanna is pretty similar to what Ethan Ralph did with Faith Vickers. Find some naïve, impressionable girl and promise em some exciting life. The only difference is Dave isn't a complete sex pervert like Ralph.

Last edited:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
Groomed isn't the right word. Yes I do believe he preyed on her and used her naivete to worm his way into her life. And while she might have been 17 when they started dating... that's like the Diet Coke version of grooming. I mean had she been 13 and he'd been doing this for years until one day at 16 she runs away to join him and then jet off with him to Washington when she was still underage that's one thing. But they didn't.

Phil strikes me as the kind of guy that never had a girlfriend. A real girlfriend. He probably went out a couple times with some random women, got to second base and it went nowhere. So Pandalee comes along, she's young, naive and not necessarily ugly but she's paying attention to him and flirting with him so his ego just latched onto that. He strikes me as the kind of guy that wasn't in love with her so much as he was in love with the idea of being in love. This was another example of things he needed in order to be a complete human. So we get the Pandalee saga.

Then she dumps him because he was an asshole and he has to play it that it was mutual and by the time the hospital thing happened she was already moved out. Which doesn't explain why she was still using his car and why he said, "she's sleeping it off in the other room". Why bring her back to your place when she had already left, and left all her shit there too?

No. Phil lies.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Groomed isn't the right word. Yes I do believe he preyed on her and used her naivete to worm his way into her life. And while she might have been 17 when they started dating... that's like the Diet Coke version of grooming. I mean had she been 13 and he'd been doing this for years until one day at 16 she runs away to join him and then jet off with him to Washington when she was still underage that's one thing. But they didn't.

Phil strikes me as the kind of guy that never had a girlfriend. A real girlfriend. He probably went out a couple times with some random women, got to second base and it went nowhere. So Pandalee comes along, she's young, naive and not necessarily ugly but she's paying attention to him and flirting with him so his ego just latched onto that. He strikes me as the kind of guy that wasn't in love with her so much as he was in love with the idea of being in love. This was another example of things he needed in order to be a complete human. So we get the Pandalee saga.

Then she dumps him because he was an asshole and he has to play it that it was mutual and by the time the hospital thing happened she was already moved out. Which doesn't explain why she was still using his car and why he said, "she's sleeping it off in the other room". Why bring her back to your place when she had already left, and left all her shit there too?

No. Phil lies.
And Diet Coke still has caffeine and sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup just like non-Diet Coke. So it's still grooming.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
I think Phil is more of an opportunist than an intentional groomer. He had a way to finally get girls 7 years after highschool because he probably wasn't getting any until then.

He finally got his own place and started making money. He got fan girls and took Leanna because she was still with mom and was young, dumb, and not phull of cum. Someone like her can be easily enticed with a lifestyle away from parents and with someone that has money.

actually

Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I'll go further and say that I think Phil not only didn't have a girlfriend, he also never went on an actual date. 99% chance he was a virgin until Leanna too, and like 50/50 he still is, tbh.

Uberpenguin

Flightless Bird Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
Groom her into what though? In what way did he take advantage of her?

She actively complained that he wouldn't bang her, so clearly it wasn't about sex. She got to have some level of e-fame, they would go on trips and shit.
It's really no different than the situation with Kat, it's just a sham where he provides for her and they hang out occasionally so long as she'll tell everyone they're together so he can look like a mature adult and not a weird lonely nerd.

About the most I could say is that he took advantage of her naivety to trick her into wasting her time. I don't see any abuse for her to have been groomed into participating in.

BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll go further and say that I think Phil not only didn't have a girlfriend, he also never went on an actual date. 99% chance he was a virgin until Leanna too, and like 50/50 he still is, tbh.
He did have at least one date on record.

Not unless he invited a prostitute to play vidya with him. Evvie was never talked about again after this LP and presumably she was another of his fans.

Anal birth

Stretchin' it out to the extreme ⚡️💙⚡️
kiwifarms.net
This. Also, a reminder that Dave's idea of flirting is buying a kahndo off a woman with a boyfriend