Do you continue to support people or companies despite their politics? -

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
I thought about this as it's easy to boycott something until you end up wanting that product. There was an article on Cracked back when it was decent, probably by David Wong, about Chic-fil-a's owner having an anti-gay marriage stance and Wong argued that people who continue to eat at Chic-fil-a are not homophobes, they just like the food.

Nearly a year ago, Blizzard shut down a tournament player for saying things that would upset their CCP overlords with many players vowing to swear off their products yet I've seen some quickly coming back to reactivate their accounts. For others, maybe they don't like what Blizzard did but would still continue playing their games because they paid to be entertained.

People have boycotted Nestle because they have done some awful shit but this is hard to do because they practically own half of everything.

The most general example I can think of is all the woke advertising. For the most part, they're empty gestures that want to grab your wallets but should it stop you from enjoying their product? Coca-cola has shilled for BLM but should that even be relevant if you just want Coke?

tl;dr - Do you boycott products or people because of their stances? Do you think people who don't follow through with their boycotts are weak or do you think it's possible to support an establishment without having to agree with them?

It makes me less inclined to buy their branded products. If I can find a replacement good that is within a reasonable level of quality and price range, then I will switch.

I would switch anyway though if it was significantly cheaper regardless though. I don't really have brand loyalty unless its something expensive where I need to know the build quality is good and certain brands I know provide that quality consistently.

Lame Entropy

Cyberbullying should be a federal offense
I think companies should be neutral entities on social issues. The business sector has no business influencing social politics on either end of the spectrum.
That's how I think things should be but I'm not the type to boycott companies when I disagree with their political messages, that's gay.
Boycotting effectively is also pretty impossible to do unless you're entirely self-sustaining since one head entity owns hundreds of brands/companies these days.

Fagatron

Fierce Black Autistic Lesbian
I've stopped using services that have done something to displease me. But it depends on a case by case basis.

The caterer I use when entertaining guests for instance is a stereotypical dangerhair wokelib. I don't like her opinions, however she doesn't force them on me or scream about how my very existence is pro rape or transphobic. I likewise keep my mouth shut when she's talking about things I consider lolcow worthy because it's just something from their day, rather than any attempt at proselytising.

If the organisation makes an attempt to preach, or call me any names I drop them straight away, and try to encourage others to choose other options or sources instead. I don't always tell them, sometimes it's as simple as taking over stocking up the tea and coffee supplies and changing what brand we use. After all, Yorkshire Tea did tell me I was a Nazi and shouldn't buy their product. I'd hate to not respect their wishes.

The Last Stand

Either get your shot or GET shot. Your choice.
True & Honest Fan
Nearly a year ago, Blizzard shut down a tournament player for saying things that would upset their CCP overlords with many players vowing to swear off their products yet I've seen some quickly coming back to reactivate their accounts. For others, maybe they don't like what Blizzard did but would still continue playing their games because they paid to be entertained.
Well, I still bought the game so they still got a sale before the incident.

I guess it depends on the policies. But let's face it, I still wear Nike sneakers even though they use slave labor.

So ask yourself that.

Rusty Crab

but it did get worse
I do not support these companies unless it's absolutely necessary. If at all possible I get what I need from them for free. Otherwise I don't bother. When I need hardware I've been ordering more stuff directly from different countries. The shipping costs are higher, but I don't mind paying an extra 10 bucks. I legitimately favor supporting Japanese and Chinese businesses over American ones now.

At least for food, it helps that most of the companies that constantly shill this woke anti-white shit are all the same ones that sell sugary poison for you to eat. Wonder if there's a connection there...

:thinking:

Ita Mori

♫♩♫
Depends. Can I do without it or not?
I can do without Bank Of America, Nike, Coca-Cola, etc. They're all shit quality or bad for your health anyway.
And all 3 examples I mentioned have done terrible things and exploited people in inhumane ways, all acts that they wish to wash away by making contributions to woke institutions or nigger charities. This seems to be a trend with companies that go woke usually being pieces of shit themselves but because teenagers don't care about slave labor in Malaysia used to make their iPhones, they give themselves a pass.

On the flip side, I can't exactly do away with my ISP or phone and live like it's 1989.

Makes me kinda wish more companies were like Valve in regards to lily-livered morality or politics.

Edit: Here's more of what I mean about how terrible companies pull woke acts to make retards forget about their injustices. Some faggot cheering for Bank Of America because BoA said it'd make a tax deductible donation to niggers. Never mind how bad BoA actually is. How it has a history of discriminatory hiring practices based on race or even worse discrimination against race based on loans; they're going to donate a billion dollars to the DNC which they can write off in their tax report! Hurray!!
8)

Attachments

• banks.mp4
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Returns
True & Honest Fan
It depends on how deep their commitment to woke is and whether or not they're utterly inescapable.

Companies like Microsoft or Google are practically impossible to boycott and Disney is close to that as well, but I still won't pay for any of their streaming services and make a point of buying physical media when I can.

As for the BLM coup, it depends on the degree of commitment.

Damn near every company gave a boilerplate endorsement of BLM in June 2020 but the ones still gunning hard for it like Disney, Coca-Cola, and Cartoon Network can all go fuck themselves and I will do my best to boycott their sorry asses as much as feasibly possible.

Rusty Crab

but it did get worse
Edit: Here's more of what I mean about how terrible companies pull woke acts to make retards forget about their injustices. Some faggot cheering for Bank Of America because BoA said it'd make a tax deductible donation to niggers. Never mind how bad BoA actually is. How it has a history of discriminatory hiring practices based on race or even worse discrimination against race based on loans; they're going to donate a billion dollars to the DNC which they can write off in their tax report! Hurray!!
8)
I know it's been said to death, but of all the things lefties do, this is the MOST insufferable. They sit there and rail on twitter all day about the horrible evil capitalists at McDonalds and then head out to McDonalds to order a Pride Burger.

I'm such a rebel :^)

Freshly Baked Socks

White Doggo Supremacist
True & Honest Fan
Yes. I enjoy the practice of "voting with my wallet", and consider it exactly the thing a free American would do to influence the market. I learned this practice from an elderly neighbor of mine who was very clearly a "Buy American"-type of person, who was not at all afraid to tell me that Mitsubishi made Jap fighter planes, and the Nazis made Volkswagan, but Jeep was still made by an American Motor Company.

Often, boycotting can seem hard, but I've known some with the freedom to make a hobby of it.

And yes, often it has bullshit SJW/pinko-commie implications these days.

Rusty Crab

but it did get worse
And yes, often it has bullshit SJW/pinko-commie implications these days.
Completely disagree. Consoomerism is almost exclusively a woke left thing these days. They all say #CancelThis #CancelThat but look up in starry eyed wonderment the moment the company says "POC Trans Lives Matter!" They immediately forget everything and proceed to consoom. Then turning around and shaming others who do not consoom. I know people like this in real life and they act like literal cartoon characters.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
It's impossible to escape buying from corporations that hate your guts, but you can try to minimize how much you support them. Buy whatever you can on sale to deny them the maximum amount of money. Go to a thrift store and buy used as much as possible. Buy on clearance. This is not only good from a political standpoint, but you'll save money as well. Cut cable and Netflix. There are..uhm.. alternate ways to get entertainment. Go to the Library and rent stuff for free. Stop eating so much fast food and cook your own stuff. Use generic brand foods if you can (except cheese slices. I've never used a generic store brand cheese slice that wasn't plastic sludge once melted.)

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
Deep down, no. On the other hand, at best, I cope by the verse "Give Caesar His Due".

I've entirely abstained from Amazon outside of whatever I bought before Amazon decided turning into a shit dystopia megacorp slavery depot to help line Jeff Bezo's wallet to be the biggest dickless faggot who compensates with cash for his insecurity complex. Seriously, at least Ebay's got an excuse of how they need the money to run their site selling or buying shit and they pay the postal people to deliver. Everything else I've abstained from is simply through lack of need, common sense of shitty practices that won't ever go well in the long run, and knowing that I need my money and time for other things because I'm not a spring chicken anymore.

If I do buy something out of want from a dubious place of business, I know better than to believe that my money and contribution is that important to the suits, because I've also learned shitty investments and bad decisions ruin you faster than boycotting, and there are times the customer can be right in being total dipshits as well, and if you can't deal with it, well, good luck. I'll sum it like this: If the manure helps fruit to yield big, then it's not wasted shit. Business is that kind of necessary evil in life we just have to deal with in our own way.

Since the coof started, I can proudly say that I helped give my local brick by brick independent lone eateries money for their goods and services over fast food places.

Thiletonomics

조 바이든 승리의 쌀.
I tend to try to look the other way in terms of a company's political beliefs, because once you start going the route of boycotting companies because of that, then you have to nit-pick every single tiny detail of what every company you touch is guilty of doing wrong or going against your beliefs. And I'm not sure how many people out there would be able to handle the thinking required (as well as being able to access alternate products, that also have to be politically compatible) to pull that off.

Freshly Baked Socks

White Doggo Supremacist
True & Honest Fan
Deep down, no. On the other hand, at best, I cope by the verse "Give Caesar His Due".

I've entirely abstained from Amazon outside of whatever I bought before Amazon decided turning into a shit dystopia megacorp slavery depot to help line Jeff Bezo's wallet to be the biggest ...
Oddly enough, I've done the opposite as a maneuver to avoid local woke vendors.

Local "whatever" store poses a SJW-bent - anything I get there can be found on amazon with free shipping at a lower price.

I have a long list of local people I cannot shop with, and its turned into a large amount of my budget going to Bezos.