• No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I don't have a jawb

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
It doesn't actively bother me most of the time, it takes very little effort, and it pays well.

The people who are passionate about it give me the creeps. It's fine. If I didn't need the money, of COURSE I wouldn't do it.

Reactions: Fünter

Heyyy Bubba

Crawling in my skin these wounds they will not hea
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm just pulling weird shit off Craigslist and running errands but mainly I'm a bum right now so it's kinda boring.

I'm thinking of doing the mall Santa thing again since the food court discount is pretty sweet.

Fünter

"mental things ar...is scary."
kiwifarms.net
I work in IT and generally like the concept.

Fucking HATE the cunts I support. You can only tolerate so many people who cant understand the most basic of computer concepts before you start seeing most people as borderline retarded.

Management can suck my dick. Incompetent baboons wasting tons of money chasing their own tails and playing hot potato with projects and file security causing a massive headache for all involved. I'm a problem solver, I want to fix things, not get jerked around by 5 different departments being unable to support themselves and wind up on the receiving end of the anger from end users pissed that their stuff has been delayed 6 times because the brain dead flotsam they found to run infrastructure cant figure out how to keep their servers online and wont give us the software to install by hand.

The last year I've completely lost my ability to give a fuck about my job. I hate it but at the same time it makes my job much easier to tolerate. Still considering getting a CDL and leaving the IT space behind.
I think it would be a great idea to get your CDL, even if you don't use it right away you'll always have it. I've thought about doing the same.

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
I think it would be a great idea to get your CDL, even if you don't use it right away you'll always have it. I've thought about doing the same.

It doesn't actively bother me most of the time, it takes very little effort, and it pays well.

Truck driving is a better choice than cowboying, though I actually *like* cattle, and trucking is boring as shit.

Audiobooks are clutch

KeepHopeAlive

I'M not in lockdown YOU'RE in Lockdown
kiwifarms.net
I miss the population I work with, kids, very much. I've had dreams of working with them since the lockdown. I'll probably never work with them again because if we go back to the traditional model we will have to wear masks and when I do....

I can't b r e a t h e.

subwaymonkeyhour

This is not the Green Tom Show.
kiwifarms.net
I love my job. The problem is that my line of work (politics) is really seasonal. Like, it's not once a year, it's once every two years. Damn hard to make a career out of it, but luckily I have. Back when I was starting out, I'd go really hard during the even years, working for candidates and whatnot, but during the off-season, I'd focus more on school and just work a minwage job flipping burgers at Rally's or BK.

Fanatical Pragmatist

kiwifarms.net
My job I like, I guess. My career field I love.

Right now my job is just a side-step in my career path, but it pays really well and I get a good amount of time off and extreme flexibility with my time off that I can dick around doing side-projects, volunteering & research when I'm off.
I still feel like I'm actively doing something to make a difference, even if its more regulatory and reactive rather than preventative but fuck it, better than painting fences & mowing trails while calling it "conservation" like I was doing before.

1Tonka_Truck

Loaded Like A Boxcar Moving Like A Racecar
kiwifarms.net
Truck driving is a better choice than cowboying, though I actually *like* cattle, and trucking is boring as shit.
There is always hauling cattle. Everybody I know loves it, but wouldn't consider any of them well-adjusted people.

I like my work I just wish I didn't have to deal with utilities all the time. Lately I've been considering getting into tower site work. Maybe I just like to suffer.

obliviousbeard

As white as schoolshooter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm in IT - programming, and as a consultant to be exact. I really like the gig, our team is procifient and it's fun as hell to interact with those guys.

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I'm just happy to be working again at this point. I'm in security at the moment and I wouldn't say I love it, but I am currently enjoying the work. The pay's good, I like my coworkers, and it's generally fun (when it's not soul-crushingly boring). The hardest part so far is adjusting the changes between day and night shifts.

glass_houses

ready for the troonpocalypse
kiwifarms.net
I'm on a pension now, but yes, I did enjoy my job while I was working, in broad general terms. I was an industrial lab tech, multidiscipline. Spent my career in service to my community, in either primary resources or infrastructure. Gave some meaning to my life. I enjoyed the technical aspects of it and when the whole teamwork thing actually worked, it was great. There were of course downsides. Partially to do with long term toxic chemical exposure, but mainly to do with the fact that people can be cunts and and if you got someone with a personality disorder and a race card, you may as well lube up and grab your ankles.

Last edited:

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
Finance isn't where I saw myself 5 years ago, and some people (especially old people) are fussy, pedantic cunts about their money, but my boss is like a second father to me. It's boring most days, but I can't complain.

Tags
None