Do You Have an Internal Monologue?

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Do You Have an Internal Monologue?

• Total voters

Exigent Circumcisions

Post tasteful trotter daguerreotypes.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Something I just remembered and didn't think to add earlier is that I can remember being pre-verbal, or still in the learning stages of speaking fluently. Different colours, objects and shapes had their own distinct tones to them; I remember walking in the backyard and hearing the tones change as I looked around. I was quite fond of the sound of blueberry bushes and rhubarb. One of the first things I remember asking myself once I'd attained language was: "What language did I speak before this one?"

I guess I just assumed that I'd learned to translate my innate tonal language into English, which seems like a reasonable assumption for a four/five year old to make.

FuckedUp

Done with this autism chamber
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a monologue in a probably unusual way: I don't think from the monologue, it's just a side-effect of me thinking. It's like a bunch of random snippets of speech as I'm quickly thinking through things.

I imagine TV shows that don't exist all the time. One of the most memorable ones was from when I was sixteen: I was listening to the first NiN album, specifically "Down In It", while thinking of Renaissance Italy for whatever reason, and I suddenly started "seeing" in realtime the intro to an animated series set in Italy at the turn of the 16th century. It had a distinct art style that was basically a fusion of '80s-'90s Saturday morning cartoons and Regular Show; I just "saw" historical figures like Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo down to the facial features perfectly transcribed in the art style, entirely extrapolated from what my brain knew based off paintings and what those features should look like in that fictional cartoon. I spent several months thinking of new episodes, all fully animated complete with switching camera angles and unique voices, whenever I was bored.

Also, visualizing helps a ton with geometry problems.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Something I just remembered and didn't think to add earlier is that I can remember being pre-verbal, or still in the learning stages of speaking fluently. Different colours, objects and shapes had their own distinct tones to them; I remember walking in the backyard and hearing the tones change as I looked around. I was quite fond of the sound of blueberry bushes and rhubarb. One of the first things I remember asking myself once I'd attained language was: "What language did I speak before this one?"

I guess I just assumed that I'd learned to translate my innate tonal language into English, which seems like a reasonable assumption for a four/five year old to make.
That's synesthesia.

no_mad_johnny

not mad just disappointed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kiwifarms.net
My thought process is mostly textual...sort of. It's a dialogue in the sense that I reply (sometimes verbally) to my own thoughts but I don't really hear any voice inside my head.

Because it's a constant thing I like to pretend that my inner narrator is my conscience and I usually treat it as its own entity. Sounds a bit schizo but it's all for fun.

It has gotten a bit quieter since I took OCD meds though. Now I can sort of turn it on and off at will.

AmarettoPie

Definitely not poisonous.
kiwifarms.net
Me: "Wait, so it's NOT just me? I'm NOT crazy?"
OtherMe: "I told you, you stupid fuck!"
OtherOtherMe: "No, you're definitely still crazy."
OtherMe: "Nah, see, it's normal!"
Me: "Why does everyone always look at me like I'm nuts when I try to explain it?"
OtherOtherMe: "Because they have internal monologues; you have internal arguments."
Me: ". . ."
OtherMe: ". . ."
Me: "...Yeah, I'm probably a little crazy."

So now I have to ask: Does anyone else have multiple 'inner voices', always in opposition of each other? Or have I always been crazy? I'd call them 'Id' and 'Superego', but it's more of a cynic versus optimist deal.

Guts Gets Some

kiwifarms.net
Is it weird I have monologues inside AND outside?

I feel like I can't get my thoughts fully cemented until I verbally speak them, for some reason.