Do you like listening to music that's in a language you don't speak? -

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
I don't think I've ever heard anything by Susumu Hirasawa that I didn't love, and I have no idea what the fuck he's singing about.

Fougaro

Glow in the dark K/DA Popstar
kiwifarms.net
While I feel strong affinity towards the Greek people and love the music, I can't get enough of Greek Orthodox chants. There is just something otherworldly and beautiful about it.

Reactions: Positron

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just took out this old album Spellbinding Singings from Yamato by this mysterious and amazing group Geinoh Yamashirogumi. The sound is stunningly good: listening with great headphones and you'd swear you have demons inside your skull. Here is the last track on this album "Yamashiro Festivities - Tanukis". I don't read Japanese, but I figure that this song, an old lyrics set to new music, is about the Raccoon Dogs or Tanukis which according to Japanese folklore hold wild parties every night and are masters in shapeshifting -- and this music does shapeshift, a lot.

I don't think I've ever heard anything by Susumu Hirasawa that I didn't love, and I have no idea what the fuck he's singing about.
He's singing about HEEEEEYYYY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FOOOOOOOOORCESSSSSSSSSS

Just took out this old album Spellbinding Singings from Yamato by this mysterious and amazing group Geinoh Yamashirogumi. The sound is stunningly good: listening with great headphones and you'd swear you have demons inside your skull. Here is the last track on this album "Yamashiro Festivities - Tanukis". I don't read Japanese, but I figure that this song, an old lyrics set to new music, is about the Raccoon Dogs or Tanukis which according to Japanese folklore hold wild parties every night and are masters in shapeshifting -- and this music does shapeshift, a lot.

I was listening to this and thinking "damn why do I feel like I've heard this" and then I looked up their discography. They fucking did the score to Akira! No wonder the choruses sounded familiar - I've seen that movie like 5 times.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: frozenrunner

ATaxingWoman

Stefannie Lööfven, Professional Tax Investigator
kiwifarms.net
I recently discovered the Soviet rock band Kino thanks to the film Leto. From what I have heard so far, Summer is ending/Кончится Лето, Loafers/бездельники and Cuckoo/Кукушка are my favorites.
Much of the music I listen to is in a foreign language I either don't understand (such as Korean and Portuguese) or only understand a little (Japanese and Italian).

Mewtwo_Rain

Drown in the cesspool of darkness
kiwifarms.net
I listen to all kinds of languages in music. Though personally to me when it comes to vocals I usually like other languages songs where I can get a sense of feeling or presentation through the song itself (or what the vocals are saying)... I listen to a lot of instrumental music as well which then relies on the notes and how the song is composed to display a picture, theme, or what have you. Doesn't always have to be but I find it a lot more enriching, and that includes English songs as well.

Sexy Times Hitler

WELL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really don't have a problem with it. If anything, the philosophy of considering vocals to be an instrument is perfectly applicable to foreign music for me.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Hell yeah I do. I have music in quite a few languages. I really like Finnish since it sounds so damn mellow and musical. Here's a couple of cool Finnish folk songs covered a cool Finnish folk metal band.

And then there's the really arcane languages you can find music in. You know how Latin Americans are said to be the most hardcore metal fans out there? Apparently some like to sing their metal in the Native American languages of their country.

Arandu Arakuaa, some Brazilians singing folky thrash metal in Guarani (or Tupi, I can't tell).

Miquian, Mexicans doing Aztec themed power metal sung in Nahuatl.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
Actually, yes. German is a favorite (disclaimer: I used to be able to manage some conversational German, but now I can only recognize small bits and pieces)

I enjoy a lot of different Japanese stuff due to mild weebism. Was going to link MtH's Bikini Sports Ponchin but apparently YT nuked the official vid from orbit.

I used to have a thing for Spanish in song but I guess I grew out of it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino