Do you like listening to music that's in a language you don't speak? -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
Here's some Japanese funk/rap for you.
This song used to be on Youtube but it got purged for some reason and this seems to be the only one left.
Resolution is low but who cares? The song kicks ass.

Pointless Pedant

Breaking the chains of gravity
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't mind it. I do actually speak Japanese decently well so that doesn't count for me, but I'm not bothered if lyrics are in another language I don't know.

Positron

Wearing the same blue mask since 2004
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The two collaboration between Michael Brook and Nusrat Fetah Ali Khan, Mustt Mustt and Night Song, are much loved classics in the ethnic-fusion genre. So I'm naturally interested in Kinna Sonna, which contains the live rendition of some of the songs, sung by Nusrat's nephew Rahat and his quwwali group. Unfortunately -- but to be expected -- that the two-people band of Brook and Richard Evans was unable to reproduce the luscious studio magic of the albums. The true magic, however, comes in the second half of the concert. When Brook and Evans left the stage and Rahat brought out his band of instrumentalists. the temperature immediately shot up:

Legoshi

18 year old grey wolf high school dropout
kiwifarms.net
I absolutely adore Fado music and other Portuguese language music, especially by Amalia Rodrigues (The queen of Fado). I also like Japanese pop from the 70s-90s and traditional music too. Love Teresa Teng's music and other Chinese music as well. My professor from Hong Kong was so surprised and impressed when she learnt I knew about her. Funnily enough, my Chinese classmates at school told me I listened to "old people" music. Gaelic music is very beautiful and it's hauntingly beautiful.

I like to pretend I'm in the 90s when I listen to Cindy's music. She was so talented... RIP.

One of the most famous Japanese songs of all time. Beautiful.

Last edited:

Positron

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of the most famous Japanese songs of all time. Beautiful.
This song is the summation of Hibari's career and life, published 6 months before her death.

Before I knew it, I have arrived
Along this long, narrow path
Behind me, my homeland is still in view in the distance.
Rough roads, winding roads. I have no map to show me.
Isn't that just life?

Life is a journey without end
With my love we search our dreams
Rain falls, the road turns to mud
But the sun will come out.

Ah. The river flows smoothly
Let it flow alongside me til the end
Ah. The river flows quietly
Waiting, patiently, for the swell of the snowmelt.

Ah. The river flows smoothly
Let it flow alongside me til the end
Ah. The river flows eternally
I hear its murmuring in an ebb of green.

Legoshi

18 year old grey wolf high school dropout
kiwifarms.net

I love songs in arabic
My favourite Arab-language singer would have to be Egyptian Umm Kulthum. My favourite song she's done is Enta Omri.

I love listening to Romanian music and my favourite Romanian artists would be Maria Tanase and Angela Gheorghiu. Tanase is one of the most famous singers of Romania. The Romanian language is very beautiful and I can understand it a bit because it's a Latin language like Spanish.

My favourite song from hers would be these two

Also love this by Romica Puceanu

Last edited:

Positron

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Love Teresa Teng's music and other Chinese music as well. My professor from Hong Kong was so surprised and impressed when she learnt I knew about her. Funnily enough, my Chinese classmates at school told me I listened to "old people" music.

While this song, "The Moon is As My Heart" is bar none the most popular song in the global Chinese community, few people realize that Teresa Teng was not the original singer. That honor belongs to the Taiwan singer Chen Feng-Lan:

When Ricky Fung, a record producer for EMI Hong Kong back in the 70s and now the President of IFPI Hong Kong, heard this song (sung by yet another singer, Susanna Kwan Kok-Ying) in a variety show, he was astounded: this song has got to be a smash hit, exactly the thing that would allow the then very new, teenage Teresa Tang to break out. So he grab this song (copyright laws were very rickety those days, which means very little paperwork) and gave it to Tang. Fung was right, and the songwriter was extremely thankful to Fung, so much that he sent his son to Hong Kong and officially signed up the song's right to EMI.

(The radio just happens to play the original so I feel like it's story time).

YouLookDivorced

Sharecropping on Hell's Half Acre
kiwifarms.net
I really enjoy a crop of European bands that were part of the emo revival in the aughts.

Daitro (France)
La Quiete (Italy)
Mihai Edrisch (France)
Suis La Lune (Sweden - but a lot of English songs too)
Raein (Italy)

Others

Envy (Japan)
The Boredoms (Japan)

jell0

Your Ass is MINE
kiwifarms.net
5'nizza- Soldat.

Don't understand more than 3-4 words of the song, but someone made a S.T.A.L.K.E.R pixel music video for it and I've loved it ever since

Wonder Boy

All outta bubble gum
kiwifarms.net
yeah, non-english music charts in anglophone territories pretty often so i don't think most people have any issue with it either as long as it's catchy

case in point, you would be hard pressed to find anyone in the western world who dislikes this track... or comprehends the lyrics

Last edited:

Lazydude404

kiwifarms.net
Hell yeah man, bossa nova sounds awesome and its usually in spanish and portugese and cause I like anime I end up hearing a bunch of J pop, which sound good and even 80's jpop songs are fucking bangers and I don't understand a word of japapnese

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

X Japan's first album, Vanishing Vision, is half in Japanese and half in Engrish. This leads to unintentional hilarity like:

Vanishing Love said:
I'M BORED TO DEATH (GO MAD)
kabe ni tobi-chiru SPRINTER OF GLASS (SHED BLOOD)
kaerimiru kako ni mushibamare chi wo nagasu

I COME TO MY SENSE (AT LAST)
azakeri-warai OUTSIDER
subete kudake-chiru kaikan ni me wo samasu

kioku ni yaki-tsuku omae no
sugata chi HEAD de haki-sutero
I DON'T WANNA VASHINING LOVE

and:

Sadistic Desire said:
koroshiau yokubou ni
midare hajimeta OUT LINE
hikisakareru kuroi DRESS