Do you like listening to music that's in a language you don't speak?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Lunete

Plantation Barbie
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

No idea what this guy is singing about but his voice is very soothing. It's like I'm being serenaded by a viking.

MT Foxtrot

No nigger, I don't want no radio.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sure do.

Also, Russia has an absolutely delicious post-punk scene still ongoing. Too much to post here.

All Cops Are Based

the day soyjak killed burzum
kiwifarms.net
Yeah

Although not knowing the lyrics (or only being able to know the lyrics in a dull, prosaic way through translation) definitely removes a certain aspect of appreciation that people who speak that language get from it.

At the same time, not speaking the language makes it more mysterious to me, which means I project all kinds of things into the music that somebody who knows the language may not. Same music, but appreciated in a different way.

Carpe Jugulum

YWNBAW
kiwifarms.net
Yes big fan of Neue Deutsche Härte (ie Rammstein etc). It just sounds better in German (many do the occasional English version of their bigger tracks).

Akashic Retard

See details below
kiwifarms.net
“But at times words can be a dangerous addition to music — they can pin it down. Words imply that the music is about what the words say, literally, and nothing more. If done poorly, they can destroy the pleasant ambiguity that constitutes much of the reason we love music. That ambiguity allows listeners to psychologically tailor a song to suit their needs, sensibilities, and situations, but words can limit that, too. There are plenty of beautiful tracks that I can’t listen to because they’ve been “ruined” by bad words — my own and others. In Beyonce's song "Irreplaceable," she rhymes "minute" with "minute," and I cringe every time I hear it (partly because by that point I'm singing along). On my own song "Astronaut," I wrap up with the line "feel like I'm an astronaut," which seems like the dumbest metaphor for alienation ever. Ugh.”
― David Byrne

Positron

Team Tchaikovsky
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mísia - "Canção de Alcipe" (Alcipe's Song)

Moonlight is flicking on the torrent of departure
And I am frightened to see
My life before me.

Resunoit

I don’t like dicks, I like chicks - Nulls fave toy
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, a lot of the time. Some songs have such retarded lyrics you’d rather listen to it in another language, and some songs are just beautiful in the language they’re sung in. Latin, Spanish, and in some cases, a completely made up language.

StevieLasVegas

kiwifarms.net
Seeing as how I have records for bands like Korpiklaani, Dir en Grey, Sigh, Sodom (some of their songs are in German), Rammstein, Lindemann, I think it's fair to say language isn't a barrier if the music is good

AmberBaker

kiwifarms.net
Yes, I can. I listen to Latin music very often, and don't understand almost nothing.
But it's all about the vibe, so I never think about meaning.

swoggaloom

kiwifarms.net
i really enjoy j-pop and k-pop aswell as vocaloid songs, i dont even really look up the lyrics sometimes. while i appreciate lyricism, i also just like interpreting any meanings or messages with the overall sound of the song instead of letting the lyrics do it for me. for me, it's a lot easier doing that with foreign music.

♦️ King of Diamonds ♦️

"One fucked up individual!" - Mandarr
kiwifarms.net
Rammstein never disappoints. I learned a little bit of mandatory German in Secondary School- but I never used it and eventually forgot most of it so I can't really understand Rammstein videos without subtitles. I can, however- speak Russian fluently (Russian family growing up and studies it more in-depth at the University), and there are alot of Russian bands (primarily Radio Tapok) who do covers of Rammstein and other bands I like like Sabaton in Russian.

Here's Radio Tapok's cover of Radio- my favorite Ramstein song. The lyrics are only slightly changed to fit the language: