Do you make your own music? -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

DiscipleOfTheLie

Herb. Syrup. Pills
kiwifarms.net
Do fellow Christorians make music? My band recently recorded a demo and I wanted to get some ears on it. We are called "Inner Witness". I would say our sound is a mix between hard rock and metal. I have the duty of playin' dem drums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUIppj6hm7k This is the most popular song off of the demo from the feedback we've gotten so far. The song is called "Closer, Still". Let me know what you think. On the channel, there are two other songs from the demo as well as other music from some band member's previous project.

If anyone else makes music on the forums, I think this would be a good thread to throw it all in.

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I used to, but not anymore. It wasn't very good music, anyways. I mostly play guitar now and cover other songs (mostly in Russian).

Henry Bemis

just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I try to, but I too often get sidetracked.

I am writing a musical for my undergraduate thesis, so that'll be the first time anything I write comes to something.

Strewth

HAIL SATAN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually write and perform comedy rap. I can't post much more than that though without giving away a bit too much about myself. Perhaps one day I'll post some stuff up.

OP, I listened to the track you posted, but its not really my cup of tea I'm afraid. I liked the vocal melodies/harmonies and the guitar tone though!

Vodka's My BFF

I'm not dead. I drift in and out.
kiwifarms.net
I do write my own compositions and lyrics. Trying to get a band together or at least learn guitar. Kinda hard to haul my piano around with me everywhere lol.

G

GV 002

kiwifarms.net
I'm completely music illiterate, but my partner is a guitarist. He's in a black metal/punk band, and they've actually just finished an album which you can hear in it's entirety on their website -

http://www.schrapnell.com/music.html

G

GV 002

kiwifarms.net
The Hunter said:
Chanbob said:
I'm completely music illiterate, but my partner is a guitarist. He's in a black \M/ETAL/punk band, and they've actually just finished an album which you can hear in it's entirety on their website -

http://www.schrapnell.com/music.html
Your partner is fucking amazing. :heart-full: Not a big fan of the vocalist, but holy shit, this is good stuff.

Oh mate he's gone all red, thank you! I'm trying to convince him to let me put his Soundcloud up, but he's got stagefright. *sigh*

Have a Pepsi

Known to generate most horizontal punching power
kiwifarms.net
I also make my own music. Well, remixes, mostly, of Sonic music, and some tunes from other video games. I've composed a couple original themes for an original game, but I don't want those revealed until I can actually put them to use.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH_1RV726qKTEXIh8gi2ZRBTVAATkq3c3&feature=mh_lolz

"Botanic Base Modern" and everything after it are the ones I actually put much work into; everything before it were just stupid instrument-swaps of midis.

Drakodan

kiwifarms.net
I probably would write/compose music if I was in a band, but alas, I just do my own work by doing vocal covers of songs and transcriptions. Can upload examples on request.

EDIT: OP, I thought that demo was legitimately great. Got a bandcamp or anything like that? I especially liked the vocals since that's EXACTLY what my vocal range is like.

Dr. Mario

kiwifarms.net
I probably would write/compose music if I was in a band, but alas, I just do my own work by doing vocal covers of songs and transcriptions. Can upload examples on request.

EDIT: OP, I thought that demo was legitimately great. Got a bandcamp or anything like that? I especially liked the vocals since that's EXACTLY what my vocal range is like.
You sing japanese songs? I've learned a new one while playing Ukulele, but still need a vocal. :P

Drakodan

kiwifarms.net
Afraid I only sing in English. Even if I was specifically requested to sing in another language, I wouldn't attempt it. Any rendition I made would be a total butchering of how the vocals are 'meant' to sound, and I wouldn't be happy with having my name associated with such a poor showing, artistically speaking.

Broder Daniel

And the bear
kiwifarms.net
I try...
My dream is to make music but I can't write lyrics worth shit. I tend to over-think every single word and in the end I've said nothing.

Have a Pepsi

Known to generate most horizontal punching power
kiwifarms.net
I try...
My dream is to make music but I can't write lyrics worth shit. I tend to over-think every single word and in the end I've said nothing.
That's the same problem I have. That's why I mostly stick to remixes. :P