Do you make your own music?

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wrote a song once. It's a parody of Rebbecca Black's Friday. I did it back when Friday was still fresh in people's minds. I really wanted to make a music video out of it, so I tried to get a bunch of friends together, but this was during the middle of exams and so by the time they were over and everyone was free, Friday wasn't relevant anymore.
7am, waking up in my shanty
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my blade, gotta prey to the head
Seein’ everything, the time is goin’
Choppin’ on and on, everybody’s runnin’
Gotta get down to the truck stop
Gotta catch that truck, I see my victims (My victims)

Killin’ in the front seat hackin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which teen will I slash?

It’s Friday, Friday (13th)
Gotta hunt down on Friday
Nobody’s gonna make it to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Not gonna make it past Friday
Nobody’s gonna make it to the weekend

Killin’ ‘n, hackin’ (Oh God)
Killin’ ‘n, hackin’ (Why)
Run, run, run, run

10:45, they’re runnin down the highway
Cruisin’ so fast, you are gonna die
Run, run, don’t look back
You know what it is I got this, you got this
My victim is by my right
I got this, you got this
Now you know it
Killin’ in the front seat hackin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which teen will I slash?

It’s Friday, Friday (13th)
Gotta hunt down on Friday
Friday, Friday (13th)
Huntin’ down on Friday
Hackin’ ‘n, slashin’ (Oh God)
Hackin’ ‘n, slashin’ (Why)
Run, run, run, run

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Dyin’)
We-we-we so frightened
We so frightened
We gonna need new pants today

J-V, Jason Voorhees
So killin’ in the front seat (In the front seat)
Hackin’ in the back seat (In the back seat)
I’m drivin’, killin’ (Yeah, yeah)
Fast blades, switch blades
Wit’ a corpse up on my side (Woo!)
Makes hack, chop, hack chop, gonna scream
Check my time, it’s Friday, there’s no weekend
You gonna run, c’mon, c’mon, y’all

It’s Friday, Friday Gonna hunt down on Friday
Friday, Friday Huntin’ down on Friday
Hackin ‘n, slashin’ (Oh God)
Run, run, run, run

It’s Friday, Friday
Gonna hunt down on Friday
Friday, Friday
Huntin’ down on Friday
Hackin ‘n, slashin’ (Oh God)
Run, run, run, run

Doctor Duke

Believes in you
kiwifarms.net
I've been in a few bands, mostly though i've done my own coffeehouse singer/songwriter stuff. Though I am a terrible guitar player.

My last (current, I guess) band recorded a demo in my friend's basement, which was really fun. We were played on a campus station nearby. I think we've broken up more or less though, as my guitar player's wife just had a baby and i'm writing my dissertation.

It's too bad, I miss it a lot.

http://thehourlies.bandcamp.com/

If anyone is nice enough to listen, tracks 2 and 4 turned out the best, I think.

yasscat

yass.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been in a couple of bands. I'm an obscure instrument nerd, so...yeah.

Glaive

Chadministrator
kiwifarms.net
Made a short one minute snippit for my music class yesterday.

We were supposed to produce minute of content and then include voice or speech with some kind of political message in it.
So I grabbed something about government control of internet resources, it seemed topical :oops:
All other sounds were made with my Virus TI synth. Still need to make video showing it off. It's my baby :heart-full:

https://soundcloud.com/glaivedj/digitaldictatorship

Have a Pepsi

Known to generate most horizontal punching power
kiwifarms.net
Made a short one minute snippit for my music class yesterday.

We were supposed to produce minute of content and then include voice or speech with some kind of political message in it.
So I grabbed something about government control of internet resources, it seemed topical :oops:
All other sounds were made with my Virus TI synth. Still need to make video showing it off. It's my baby :heart-full:

https://soundcloud.com/glaivedj/digitaldictatorship
Sampling is way fun, man. Do you plan on making that tune longer at some point?

Abethedemon

Trve and Honest
kiwifarms.net
I'm working on a mlp inspired doom/thrash project. I have no other members, and I can't play any metal instruments besides the bass, the piano and sing.:neckbeard:

Mechanism Eight

Give us eyes.
kiwifarms.net
IT'S HERE!

Not entirely my best work, but hey, when you're paranoid about your computer dying sooner or later, you gotta at least rush yourself a little in order to avoid everything being for naught.

Feel free to enjoy/share/hate me forever/find it utter shit. I also apologize if it's a bit quiet, I'm a bit of an idiot and had to decrease the volume of the tracks so they'd all be the same volume.

Honeyrabbit

Mylar balloons are the only real balloons
kiwifarms.net
I made lolicore, back when lolicore actually existed. Nowadays I make breakcore, which still exists, although I don't really release it. I just enjoy making it.

deeman

Seinor Geinus.
kiwifarms.net
Beepy and boopish, with the samples taken from the Swedish version of the seventh seal, when the priest is cursing everybody to hell for the plague... For those into geeky music, check out some more from me.

Edit: Wrong Link.

Silver

(not actually volcel)
kiwifarms.net
My friends and I had ambitious plans to write a musical in high school that took the form of me writing at least three melodies and tweaking my friends'. I also wrote a song that ended up a bit pop-ier than I expected as a one month anniversary present for my then-boyfriend; the lyrics are awful but I'm kind of proud of myself for the intro and the melodies. More recently, a waltz that was done with a classical bent (full disclosure: this was originally part of a project I had where I wanted to create classical-inspired tunes for each of the six ponies from MLP, and this was Rarity's), a medieval-sounding song for The Golden Knight, and most recently, a song setting of a silly poem my dad wrote. I also enjoy doing piano arrangements of video game tunes and (when I can find scores) classical pieces. My current project is the desire to write a symphony titled Appalachian Symphony that's a Romantic-style programmatic work reflecting my feelings on the gorgeous Appalachian Mountains. For that, I'm waiting for a time when I can go back to spend a while in the mountains and just... write.

Abethedemon

Trve and Honest
kiwifarms.net
I want to write an album where every track is a completely different genre from the last. The lyrics will all be about fantasy.-

cawk mcnibbler69^%

kiwifarms.net
Yes, I do. I make it all from scratch, aside from some samples and soundbanks and all that. I don't use presets or anything. :biggrin: