Do you prefer wires? - Don't be a cordlet

4str4staleatherbelt

AHHHHHH!
kiwifarms.net
All my shit is wired. Headphone, speakers, mouse, keyboard, etc. Some people bluetooth all their shit and it drives me crazy. Even modern consoles making all their controllers wireless fills me with rage :twisted:

Edit: And in my car, where Bluetooth is an option, I connect my phone's with an audio cable.

Last edited:

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
I don't usually care either way. I mean I guess going cordless is more convenient and consumes less space but on the other hand I just really don't care enough about cords to make any meaningful distinction other that controllers with cords are considerably cheaper.

Reactions: JoshPlz

He Who Points And Laughs

Flavortown Refugee
kiwifarms.net
As a rule, I use wired. The exceptions to rule are for the Bravias in my bedroom and "entertainment" room. I use wireless kb/mouse combinations for the laptops plugged into those.

My actual work computers are fully wired. Also, being a total audiophile,I use wired headphones and sound systems.

Rule 1 = quality
Rule 2 = convenience

Sam Losco

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For some things yes, others no. Network connections, if I'm transferring a lot of data, I prefer wired. Even though 802.11ac is faster than gig wired, I still find wired to be more stable most of the time. I trust a wired connection to not fuck up a lot more than wifi.

Mice and keyboards, wireless. Battery life isn't that big of deal anymore. Logitech is pretty good with their efficiency now, esp keyboards. I hate wired mice because the cord always gets in the way, or is too short or will tug on the mouse. Keyboards I don't mind wired given I have plenty of slack on the cable.

Headphones, wired. Same for speakers. I fucking hate bluetooth.

Shiggy Diggster

hulk is such a yo-yo
kiwifarms.net
I could never go back to using a wired mouse. Aside from the weight of the cord making the mouse awkward to use, it's going to short out sooner rather than later. As for battery life, I'm extremely online and my mouse batteries last three or four months before they have to be replaced.

Headphones should always be wired, with detatchable cables. Anything else is pleb tier.

Exigent Circumcisions

rectile malfunction.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Somebody bought me wireless earbuds for Christmas and it's been pretty good. I kept destroying my wired pairs at work because they'd inevitably get caught on something; running the wire inside of my shirt helped a bit but it was still too much wear and tear. Also, every once in a while I'd somehow manage to rip both buds out of my ear at once and that shit hurts. I still use wired headphones at home to try to cut down on battery recharge cycles.

garakfan69

Please be patient, I have idiocy
kiwifarms.net
Aside from the weight of the cord making the mouse awkward to use, it's going to short out sooner rather than later.
I never had a mouse cable short out ever.
Everything else on a mouse will break before the cable does. I'm currently on my fourth replaced button and third replaced scroll wheel encoder but the cable is still going strong.

Kikkoman

kiwifarms.net
The only wireless peripherals i have are video game controllers. X360 ones start flashing a few hours before they empty their rechargeable AAs and i always have a second set ready. I dont think i'll ever get one with a nonremovable battery though, while ive not used PS3/PS4 controllers i hear they arent that good when it comes to battery life.

Reactions: JoshPlz

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wireless is nice, but I've had so many touch and go issues with wireless mice I prefer wired for that whenever possible.

David Allen Coe

Country DJs Knows That I'm an Outlaw...
kiwifarms.net
As if they haven't already made everything else harder than it needs to be to use, someone has decided everyone should use devices that can just decide randomly to stop working and you have to keep recharged! The absolute worst wireless devices are mice and controllers. Two things you want to be absolutely precise, yet you're going to create another avenue for it to fail at the worse possible times.

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
Fuck wireless shit. It is for stupid goobers who like form over function. The only time I can see it making sense is for a pair of gym headphones. Otherwise fuck bluetooth. I don't want worse audio quality+latency and having to charge yet another goddamned thing or the fucking syncing bullshit especially if you have multiple devices and need to keep re-pairing. OR HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOUR FANCY 200 DOLLAR HEADPHONES HAVE A NONREMOVABLE BATTERY!? I've had my Shure 215s for almost a decade, the cord broke so i bought a new cord. Easy peasy. A 3.5mm jack is infinitely superior to bluetooth all this wireless shit only benefits the companies pumping out this throwaway plastic shit. Or how about those wonderful modern gaming controllers that cost a metric fuckton of money AND introduce latency issues. You can't even buy a wired first party controller for the XB1 like you could for the 360, only third party ones.

FUCK THIS GODDAMNED FUTURE AND ALL THE FUCKING GOOBERS WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE. Instead of getting sex robots and flying cars we have shitty advertisment laden survailance devices sold to us at a premium and planned obsolecense in everything we buy including our fucking tattlebox.

Shiggy Diggster

hulk is such a yo-yo
kiwifarms.net
I never had a mouse cable short out ever.
Everything else on a mouse will break before the cable does. I'm currently on my fourth replaced button and third replaced scroll wheel encoder but the cable is still going strong.
When I used wired mice, after a while they would begin to constantly disconnect and reconnect from Windows unless I held the cable in place with two fingers on either side. I never used Gam-r XXTreme Stealthkilla Pro 50x0 n00blasta edition mice with replaceable parts though.

• Agree
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

David Allen Coe

Country DJs Knows That I'm an Outlaw...
kiwifarms.net
When I used wired mice, after a while they would begin to constantly disconnect and reconnect from Windows unless I held the cable in place with two fingers on either side. I never used Gam-r XXTreme Stealthkilla Pro 50x0 n00blasta edition mice with replaceable parts though.
If your mice are getting shorts in it that often. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

Tags
None