• How do you do a triangle fill? It's fuckin' algebra, little nigger!”

Do you think Phil is actually depressed?

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell / DarkSydePhil' started by BSV, Jun 14, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".

no one can help you

?

Do you think Phil is actually depressed?

1. No

68.2%
  2. Yes

31.8%
  1. I feel really bad. My plumber just broke. It's true. I am glad it wasn't real phil that falsely flagged me on twitch. It was his depression. Yes he doesn't deserve this.

I think his depression is his conscious and logic acting up. You are a bad streamer, and dishonest person that does things and have a conscious. That isn't depression phil. that is your logical brain fighting the delusions in your head. Allow yourself to just quit. Just stop phil. Change your carrier and stop this stupid shit.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    BSV

BSV Vidar Viking Elvi
    Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. People have been describing him as being "self destructive" for quite some time.
    Being self destructive can be a byproduct of depression and other shit.

I don't really know that he has deep seeded depression but its possible (without the outward appearance people would expect) and when you see him laugh etc it can be a self defense mechanism to avoid talking about "serious stuff".

I imagine talking about this stuff for him right now is probably pretty therapeutic.

I never really get the "you're not talking about depression seriously enough" memes that go around on the internet. Do you really think DSP or anyone on here or on Twitter is a certified psychologist?

I'd guess not otherwise they'd open a practice and start charging $200 an hour.

Its pretty obvious the only self-reflection he does, or at least the primary way of doing it is his daily hour long prestream which he probably mentally prepares for and shit.

Without him talking to a neutral party and a neutral party being able to point things out to him it probably wouldn't get through to him anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    neger psykolog

neger psykolog moon goons for communism detection
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. LOL

Behavior:
    1. subject engages in acts
    2. subject experiences consistent escalation in consequences of the acts
    3. subject stops engaging in the acts to avoid the consequences
    Symptom:
    1. subject engages in acts
    2. subject experiences consistent escalation in consequences of the acts
    3. subject does not stop engaging in the acts to avoid the consequences
    A person cannot successfully both claim they are not at fault for their actions and that they will "do better" in the future.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    SoapQueen1

SoapQueen1 speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  4. Okay, even putting the whole "does he really have depression or not" to one side for a sec, even if he DOES have depression. Blaming EVERY shitty thing that he's done on his depression is really scummy. Like REALLY scummy, which apparently includes borderline stalking a girl in high school thanks to his "depression." If he really has depression then its scummy because he's abusing his mental illness to get away with shit and not own up to it and using it as a defence wall so he can never be blamed, and using it as a weapon against detractors to make them villains, and if he doesn't then its still what I just said PLUS making up that he has depression.

He's legit said these words in Hate Live "My depression made me do this." and "You're making me feel worse and worthless!" to people in the chat before banning them whenever they correct him on a wrong fact about depression."The tweet wasn't my mistake it was my depression." Just even if he DOES have it, this is fucked.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #4 OneDaySon, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  5. It annoys me. Because what he describes is his narcissistic actions and a conscious about it. Is that depression?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    BSV

BSV Vidar Viking Elvi
    Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Personally, I don't think he is because his ego wouldn't allow him to believe that he has flaw like that. Given how he lives, he should be depressed but given his attitude and ego I doubt it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. Maybe. But I also think he's more than capable of taking a serious subject that's currently at the forefront of a lot of public discussion and twisting it for his own needs; using it to absolve himself of his little fuckups he's prone to having every week. Nothing he could do dood, okay?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Jotaro

Jotaro yare yare *snort*

kiwifarms.net
  8. I don't think he's probably ever talked to a qualified therapist/doctor since he started his streaming "career" so he probably just equates being unhappy with being depression.

But depression isn't just "depression". It can be part of a mood disorder, it can be manic/depressive cycles, it can be caused by diet/health, it can be caused by social isolation, it can be caused by poor sleep hygiene, it can be caused by physical issues, it can be caused by chemical imbalances, it can be caused by poor self-efficacy, it can be caused be a lot of things.

I'll be the top cheerer today in the department of absolute hypocrites and say:
    DSP seems like the kind of person who actually needs some "offline time" to talk about shit and not have the internet involved in it. He should be talking to someone who is impartial and who isn't his top cheerer, his parents, his girlfriend or anyone who has any stake in his success or failure.

I've said numerous times before that this guy wakes up probably every day and the first thing he has to think about is an assload of debt and then having to sit and play children's video games for 8 hours. Whether he willingly stays in his Renton castle or has just let it become some sort of self-imposed prison is a matter of debate.

But I think its important that when you hear someone in his situation say they're depressed it could just be their unhappiness caused by what they perceive to be the inability to change things in their life rather than text book depression.

With humans being the way they are, and the way humans behave the way they do, DSP isn't the only person who is caught in a similar cycle of decision making. The difference is that he mostly lives out this stuff on the internet or at home so I don't think he's ever been that self reflective on how he might be causing stuff himself.

He may be in his mid 30's and he may seem hugely narcissistic but people can and do change their personalities even late in life.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Yes and no. I think he's bipolar. He does a lot of things that accurately fit an inflated mood in addition to the stuff that looks like a deflated mood.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    SoapQueen1

kiwifarms.net
  10. Fuck no. He does have other mental issues though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Ratko_Falco

Ratko_Falco Босна је српска јер је Москва руска.

kiwifarms.net
  11. Did I just give @BSV control over this thread by copying his post here? LOL sorry @BrunoMattei if I did.

• Feels Feels x 2
    SoapQueen1

kiwifarms.net
  12. I have family and friends who suffer from depression. Having witnessed what they've been through, and seeing how much Phil willingly shares, Phil Burnell does not have depression. He's just eager to find SOMETHING to blame for him being a complete arsehole! Unless he needs actual medication to help control this then I call bullshit as usual on him.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. The only thing Phil is depressed about is his inability to get back his 2011 income.

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  14. What you probably need to keep in mind is that being depressed or not being depressed doesn't preclude people from blaming stupid shit for the hand they were dealt in life.

Being "blind" to what hand you have in your own life isn't a skill people are necessarily born with, nor is it a skill that every person can develop.

If everyone had those kind of skills then we'd all be Bill Gates by now.

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. phil more like stay on those SRRI pills

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    Hell0

Hell0 i cut my hair. i run downstairs.

kiwifarms.net
  16. I think he's gotten depression based on events and his personality issues, rather than gotten his personality issues from his depression which is what he's claiming. He's blaming all of his fuck ups and his attitude problems on depression which is pretty messy. The "depression" he described also seemed far more like acute stress rather than depression too.

I don't think he realises how good it would be for him to give this all up and sell the house. Just get a job and be around normal people and shit, learn to be a social person again. Find somewhere cheaper that doesn't rake in tons of debt due to it being an oversized house you don't need, and to just have a steady income (though he'll seriously need to sort out his impulsive lavish spending habits)

But DSP isn't good with defeat, we all know that.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  17. "personality issues" is different to "personality disorder" though (I know you didn't say disorder, but I'm just mentioning this anyway)

As people are keen to point out, DSP absolutely avoids any direct confrontation. He has a world where he can escape confrontation by just blocking/banning people and avoiding online multiplayer almost entirely.

He hasn't really answered to a boss in a decade, so without knowing how he actually interacts in situations where he can't avoid confrontation (and its difficult to draw conclusions from small incidents) its difficult to know just how much of his personality is actually his personality and how much of it is just a shell.

If he actually spoke to someone who was neutral (like a qualified doctor) and wasn't given the opportunity to be able to escape confrontation quite so easily the answers a doctor might have versus the answers people who know DSP on the internet might have would probably be very different.

If people on the internet, purely based on his online presence, almost universally say he avoids confrontation then its pretty obvious that he avoids confrontation simply because he can.

• Agree Agree x 2
    neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. if he actually, truly believes that his """""""""""""""""""""""""depression""""""""""""""""""""" makes him act out, then he should have kat watch all his online actions and have her limit his time online and only tweet things that she approves of

ZehnBoat

ZehnBoat photorealistic horror

kiwifarms.net
  19. I think the fact that we even have to speculate that he may actually be depressed speaks volumes on his character.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    ReentryPhantom

ReentryPhantom Need that money to pay my bills...

kiwifarms.net
  20. He's mixing up being too poor to have the wealthy lifestyle he wants with actual depression.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    A Witty Name

A Witty Name A Witty Title
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.