Doctor Jessica Yaniv, PhD (9/1/2019) - lol he paid 750$ for a fake degree

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Kiwi Lime Pie

Always tasteful with no blarney. 🥝🥧🐈☘
kiwifarms.net
The domain was registered last year and is due to expire this November. I wonder if this site is another sock-puppet sort of thing for our Jonathan. Also interesting: It has a facebook presence.
There are web hosting companies that have a deal where hosting your site with them will allow you one free domain name registration (perhaps more with costlier packages). The only catch is that one is generally limited to registering a free domain for one year at a time. Those wanting multi-year registration would have to pay full price which can add up quickly -- especially for those managing multiple domain name registrations.

I don't know if GoDaddy has such a deal, but registering a domain for one year at a time isn't as automatically suspicious as might have been at one time. However the fact SJU uses what looks like the relatively-new .university domain definitely comes across as a suspicious, scammy gimmick -- especially after an internet search for information on the this particular TLD brought up a page that recommends it for unaccredited universities. Most reputable ones would seemingly be eligible for .edu.

Assuming Yaniv has some sort of ties to the site, this would once again reflect on Yaniv's affinity for the shady side of technology and the internet.

My immediate suspicion was it may be set up purely to obtain IP addresses.
Anything is possible at this point. Using the site as a honeypot would likely be useless, though. Most tech-savvy people generally don't browse suspicious sites unprotected and tend to use proxies, anonymizers, VPNs, etc. which would make the raw stats meaningless.

JY's Tampon

kiwifarms.net
There are web hosting companies that have a deal where hosting your site with them will allow you one free domain name registration (perhaps more with costlier packages). The only catch is that one is generally limited to registering a free domain for one year at a time. Those wanting multi-year registration would have to pay full price which can add up quickly -- especially for those managing multiple domain name registrations.

I don't know if GoDaddy has such a deal, but registering a domain for one year at a time isn't as automatically suspicious as might have been at one time. However the fact SJU uses what looks like the relatively-new .university domain definitely comes across as a suspicious, scammy gimmick -- especially after an internet search for information on the this particular TLD brought up a page that recommends it for unaccredited universities. Most reputable ones would seemingly be eligible for .edu.

Assuming Yaniv has some sort of ties to the site, this would once again reflect on Yaniv's affinity for the shady side of technology and the internet.

Anything is possible at this point. Using the site as a honeypot would likely be useless, though. Most tech-savvy people generally don't browse suspicious sites unprotected and tend to use proxies, anonymizers, VPNs, etc. which would make the raw stats meaningless.
SJU supporting Jon on Twitter. https://kiwifarms.net/threads/jys-tweets-and-other-social-media.58834/post-5304062

DoctorJimmyRay

Professional Scat Fetishist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ive decided that JY buying an obviously fake degree for an absurd amount of money is the funniest thing to come from this hideously overweight pedophile thus far. I can't wait to see how he manages to top this one.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Zeebie and Junkail
What does he plan on even doing with it?

probably try to fondle little girls by giving them fake "medical gyno exams" in bathrooms and pool parties

Let me tug on your tampon! Don't worry, I'm a doctor...well, it's a PhD....well, an honorary ...from a diploma mill

oh, and I'm experienced b/c I mensurate out my dick

• Islamic Content
Reactions: Junkail

idosometimes

kiwifarms.net
Single year regs are not necessarily a scam. I have mostly single year regs even for domains I have owned for since 2000 or so. Sometimes you get a discount only for first year, though godaddy usually requires one extra year at their inflated prices
The fancy video from the "university" website is made up of stock footage - here's the clip for domestic violence being sold for $50. Whoever made it must have paid at least several hundred dollars for the stock footage and voice over. It's too much for someone doing it for the lolz.
Fake degrees are about money, not funny stuff. It is a way to get people to buy something that looks good for them.

CBC's marketplace had a story about this type of thing a few years ago. The point generally is to improve chances of getting a job or whatever, not posting on twitter. In any case, it is a scam all around. People claim to have a degree that they do not have while a degree mill prints fake documents for them to do it. As long as the "student" pays the $750 fee, of course.

Tags
None