Documentary on the Final Fantasy House -

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
I remember a friend linking me to posts about the Final Fantasy house. It was pretty insane how they took it so far. There's being an obsessive fan and then there's being so horribly unhinged that it goes into total cult territory.

There was also that girl who believed that Sephiroth was her astral lover. And I remember a Vincent Valentine soulbonder who hadn't even bother to recruit Vincent because "Wahh too hard!". She didn't play any of the other spinoffs he was featured in either. But she totally bonded with the character on a spiritual level you guys. Because she saw his pic and read his bio. This woman was also obsessed with Digimon characters despite being I think around 30. She had a major obsession with the Digimon Emperor despite him being like 12. Soulbonders in general creep me out. Especially when they choose underage characters and act as if they are one with them.

It's just amazing to me how bizarre people can get over fictional characters. I understand that life can be tough. But escaping to a fantasy world that completely blots out the real one is unhealthy. Look what happened to Pauline Parker and Juliet Hulme. And video games didn't even exist in the 50's. The co-dependency and their shared fantasy world drove them to murder Pauline's mother so they could keep living their delusion together.

N

NG 070

kiwifarms.net
The Final Fantasy House (and Victoria Bitter/Andrew Blake's insanity, also the Snapewives) was basically the proto otherkin scenario before otherkin became a big thing on Tumblr. I shudder to think of how it would've played out in the fandom environments today... more likely, it'd be "soft trans enby boys uwu" girls doing the Final Fantasy 15 House or something.

That said, it's a fascinating story and one of the most memorable of the pre-Web 2.0 era at that.

glass_houses

Absolutely impartial.
kiwifarms.net
There's been a couple tantalising mentions of a 'Hellsing house' on the Tattle crime site. I was extremely :autism::autism::autism: in the Hellsing fandom during its heyday, but this is the first I've heard about a house. On the Demon Sushi site there's a testimonial written by Jen or one of her disciples, about her being the incarnation of Integra but that's about it.

• Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li
M

MW 002

kiwifarms.net

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
I read about her whole crazy Hannibal thing. Jen has serious problems. She moves fandoms and I think it's not even about the characters. It's about the escape fantasy. Or her twisted, demented idea of one. The whole thing even connects back to the Sarah Saga with the girls who thought they were Suikoden characters. The one who was Sasarai literally thought she had real bishop authority.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Summoner Yuna. Then Cloverfield came out and she went insane for the monster from the movie. You know, the Alien monster you never see fully.
Fitting, really.
She's not the only one. There was a girl who went by the username Sephirothslave and who managed to be even crazier. She not only also thought Sephiroth was her astral husband, but that he was he was also real. However, she then said he wasn't, but then said he was, and was one of God's angels, but he was different from the one in the game, and seriously, this shit gets so confusing, good luck figuring this out because I can't. She also thought could hex people, was violent towards her family and wrote two long-ass fanfictions which she called "novels" about her self-insert and Sephiroth of which have combined total of over 170 chapters.

I used past tense, because she went dark around 2012 and I don't know if she has gotten better. The only update is from 2016 when someone wrote a book that featured an actual academic paper on Sephirothslave and Summoner Yuna. The paper apparently contains several inaccuracies, one of which is that it identifies her as a soulbonder, which surprisingly, Sephirothslave was not.

Last edited:

LoverofPi

Mmmmm, delicious pi.
kiwifarms.net
She's not the only one. There was a girl who went by the username Sephirothslave and who managed to be even crazier. She not only also thought Sephiroth was her astral husband, but that he was he was also real. However, she then said he wasn't, but then said he was, and was one of God's angels, but he different from the one in the game, and seriously, this shit gets so confusing, good luck figuring this out because I can't. She also thought could hex people, was violent towards her family and wrote two long-ass fanfictions which she called "novels" about her self-insert and Sephiroth of which have combined total of over 170 chapters.

I used past tense, because she went dark around 2012 and I don't know if she has gotten better. The only update is from 2016 when someone wrote a book that featured an actual academic paper on Sephirothslave and Summoner Yuna. The paper apparently contains several inaccuracies, one of which is that it identifies her as a soulbonder, which surprisingly, Sephirothslave was not.
Oh yes, Shinra High and Shinra solder. god those were complete and utter trainwrecks. It's amazing how she said her goal was to humanize Sephiroth, and only wound up making him look like an even bigger monster than before.

Also, I recall she and Summoner Yuna were alternatingly thick as thieves and hated each other. Fun times.

Last edited:

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really wish they did a better job of documenting this. It's sort of fascinating that the FF7 house has moved on to larping Silence of the Lambs characters, with an online cult of middle aged sped women who think it's all real.
Same. This whole thing is just so interesting. I hope Fred gets a video out on this soon.

Tags
None