Does anyone else genuinely miss the 2000s? -

Oglooger

God isn't dead!BUT I'LL GET THAT BASTARD SOME DAY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We'll probably see a few reboots of superhero franchises, but done in a more self-aware or even deconstructionist way. Similar pop culture fads got this treatment, with Scream being the ironic self-aware take on the 80's slasher movie while the brief revival of Westerns in the 90's saw a more serious deconstruction of the genre with movies like Tombstone, Unforgiven, and Dances With Wolves, as well as more typical comedic fare like Maverick, Wild Wild West, and American Outlaws.
Will we see a spiritual sequel to Harvey Birdman, but instead of Hannah Barbera it's Cartoon Network shows from the 2000's - 2010's?
Lazlo Law Firm?
An older Steven Universe presses charges for his abusive 3 moms who were not only illegal immigrants but forced to use him on social media as a transtrending trophy.
Ben 10 gets canceled for biological appropriation and "cosmoxenophobia"
KND for being child soldiers
hell, all of these just write themselves.

Autumnal Equinox

Sing or I'll go home and kill all your mommies
kiwifarms.net
Will we see a spiritual sequel to Harvey Birdman, but instead of Hannah Barbera it's Cartoon Network shows from the 2000's - 2010's?
Lazlo Law Firm?
An older Steven Universe presses charges for his abusive 3 moms who were not only illegal immigrants but forced to use him on social media as a transtrending trophy.
Johnny Bravo gets #metoo'd

Ed Edd and Eddy are accused of being filthy capitalists as the other kids go ANTIFA

A soy'd out fedora atheist Dexter is on trial for murdering Dee Dee

I'd watch this.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Lazlo Law Firm?
Johnny Bravo gets #metoo'd

Ed Edd and Eddy are accused of being filthy capitalists as the other kids go ANTIFA

A soy'd out fedora atheist Dexter is on trial for murdering Dee Dee

I'd watch this.
That would be amazing.

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
kiwifarms.net
as long as they still hold the copyright I like to think it counts.
The first few years were awesome. Baseball, sleepovers, GameCube, etc. I loved everything up until 2004 or 5, when I was in middle school. Puberty and coming-of-age are 6 years of Hell.

Made In China

kiwifarms.net
What's the scenario or sequence of events that would lead to the student loan bubble bursting? I'm admittedly pretty ignorant about this whole thing as I've never had to really deal with student loans.
Cost of college goes up, value of degree goes down. Many people go to college without getting well-paying job from it, especially if they don't major in tech/finance/medicine. 2008 recession and 2020 lockdowns hurt the job market even harder. Price of entertainment goes down to keep people complacent but price of things they actually need to live (like a college degree these days) skyrockets due to dangerous American ideology. Young people will be extremely fucked soon but they're too retarded right now to realize this due to a steady diet of video games, superhero movies, and bad education, but if you try to warn them they will chimp out and attack you, so you may as well just let them sink.

IceGray

"Dude, where's the bus?"
kiwifarms.net
I miss that brief period when you could indulge in aesthetics without having to prove your sexuality for it. Be campy, gloomy, preppy, whatever.

Seeing young girls try to justify their love of frilly girly nature or cottagecore by claiming to be lesbian just reeks of lying to themselves. These same girls have been taught to snarl angrily at straight people who like a similarly frilly traditional life and repeat the mantra that "lesbians" started the cottagecore movement.

Which makes me all the more convinced that they would only love Elsie Dinsmore if she ran away to be a lesbian waifu instead of becoming Mrs. Travilla.

Pointless Pedant

Waiting in queue for 2b2t
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I miss that brief period when you could indulge in aesthetics without having to prove your sexuality for it. Be campy, gloomy, preppy, whatever.

Seeing young girls try to justify their love of frilly girly nature or cottagecore by claiming to be lesbian just reeks of lying to themselves. These same girls have been taught to snarl angrily at straight people who like a similarly frilly traditional life and repeat the mantra that "lesbians" started the cottagecore movement.

Which makes me all the more convinced that they would only love Elsie Dinsmore if she ran away to be a lesbian waifu instead of becoming Mrs. Travilla.
Are many people in social circles where people use words like "cottagecore" with a straight face? I laughed just reading it. Here people are mostly concerned with the Premier League restarting and pubs reopening on 4th July.

Stardust

Ģιίττεર ƣƲεεɴ
kiwifarms.net
The early 2000s felt like the late 1990s to me, personally.

Internet culture was more enjoyable, music was decent enough (excluding most dime-a-dozen patriotic Country songs, following 9/11), though movies and television were starting to lose me. Movies started their love affair with CGI, which laid the groundwork for less practical effects. Still, it wasn't as tragic as what television became: reality television. The 90s planted the seeds, but the reality television boom of the early 2000s blossomed, and still plagues entertainment. Even fictional shows replaced dumb-funny with dumb-drama then, and even now.

I could compare then and now for social aspects or politics, but that gets enough already.

Tags
None