Does anyone else genuinely miss the 2000s? -

HOMO FOR LIFE

flaunting her autism like a title of nobility
kiwifarms.net
I miss the days when people had to talk to each other face to face. Go out and shoot the shit. Like just face to face. Nothing else going on in our lives. Just between two or whatever group of friends you used to have.

Now with the rise of smartphones and interconnectivity of social media, those days are long gone. Even if we are hanging out, we are not focusing on what we are doing. We are just hanging out because we wanna put some shit on social media for social credit.

People aren't people anymore. What little connection we used to have, we now sell it to the world for free and it's not important anymore.

That's the saddest part about this era.

90s were great because people got closer much easier thanks to internet. People were more open back then. People got emotional and it was genuine. Now we are not sure if it is trolling or whatever. We don't even trust what we read and write anymore.

Yeah it's sad. Its sad because the technology has become a mean of pumping out quick dopamine for fast release.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
I miss the 2000s for when the internet was expanding and fun. You met new people on MySpace and Facebook as well as taking part in discussions. YouTube back then had a great design for showing random videos and not today's curated shit. The movies were at least American centric and not made primarily for international audiences.

Now it all sucks hard and anyone born after 2005 at least will not know how great the internet was compared to know.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
crosspost from an A&N thread:
I'm still kind of "living in the '90s or '00s". I don't use social media, I don't use a mobile phone to call or text, and I don't really keep up with the news. So Current Year looks especially insane to me, like it would to a time traveler...
(I also still watch stuff offline, like DVD or even VHS - no streaming stuff like Netflix - and I don't have a smart TV.)

Draza

BETRAYALLLLLLLLLLLL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The 2000s had its negatives (9/11,War on Terror, Iraq War, SARS, etc.) but overall it feels like the climax of everything we enjoyed before it went to shit in the 2010's.

There was a large variety of media to watch on TV. Every movie and T.V show during that time was innovative (or at least attempted to) and had a unique difference from each other. There was times when I was a kid where I was glued on T.V screen for hours watching my favorite cartoons and anime (Teen Titans, Totally Spies, South Park, Courage the Cowardly Dog, One Piece, DBZ, and so many more). Way different as it is today where there's nothing entertaining watch unless you want politics and diversity constantly shoved down your throat.

Politics was never divisive as it is today compared to the 2000s. There was no Social Justice Warriors, no #MeToo, no BLM, no race riots, E.U talks,and so much more. People of different political leanings actually got along with each other and respected each other opinions on certain issues. Is it the same as it is now with everything going on in the world? Not at all, and it's sad to see people tear each other apart over politics.

Lastly just society in general. As someone mentioned before, there was a time before smartphones and laptops took over everything where people hold face-to-face conversations. People that hang out with each other in festivals, parks, and even parties not because it makes look cool on Instagram or Facebook but they generally want to have fun, meet people, and have a good time. Now it just feels so fake and forced. People interacting and socializing for asspats and attention on social media. Human emotions that don't feel nor look genuine anymore. Everyone would rather to communicate on their phones and laptops rather than face to face. It's sad to see but I guess it was inevitable.

Overall I do miss 2000s. But it's best to move on and accept that those days aren't coming back.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
It's hard to take sometimes how much things have declined since the 2000s, especially since the 2000s weren't exactly perfect, but things have gotten so much exponentially worse since then, we just didn't know.

I mean we kinda did, if you look at movies like V For Vendetta, Children of Men and the Nine Inch Nails album Year Zero depicting the 2020s as a nightmare, but that was of course all just fiction and the 2020s seemed so far away at the time.

I hate to be such a black pilled doomer, but the state of the world really is hard to take sometimes.

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net
crosspost from an A&N thread:

(I also still watch stuff offline, like DVD or even VHS - no streaming stuff like Netflix - and I don't have a smart TV.)
I'm kind of the same, but I more use the good stuff from today and not the bad. For example, I have a dumb phone and no social media and post of forums like this one just like it's 2005. However, instead of DVDs I have several terabytes of pirated shit on a server that can be accessed by anyone on my house's lan. 3.5" mechanical hard drives are so cheap I just loaded up on them and filled them with every conceivable thing I or my family would ever want to watch and I add new shit all the time.

I agree though. When you're not on social media, Twitter slapfights with the president making the national news, the idea of everyone getting their news from Facebook or Twitter, and people calling access to social media a human rights issue comes off as raw unadulterated insanity.

K. V. Bones

¿QUIRES?
kiwifarms.net
I miss the 2000's for every single reason imaginable, i miss the style of music, how everything was allowed to be cheesey and unprofessional, the internet was expanding and everyone was a bit more childish on the web, You could curse and be a homophobe, xenophobe or whatever and noone would bash you for it, there were no woke extremists ruining entertainment media so that nothing is fun anymore, Remember aqua, toybox, etc? Well they've been replaced as the popular songs on the radio with utter crap save a few people with actual talent in modern times.

I wish i could go back for one reason and thats to start a youtube channel while i was still young, maybe then it wouldn't be such a struggle to be an entertainer then.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I was a child for most of the early 2000s, but I sure as hell miss a time when we didn't have to deal with rabid radical leftism, wokeism, SJWism, etc.
One thing that really upsets me is just how long this battle has been waged, things started getting woke in 2012, we are fast approaching a full decade of this war between SJWs and anti-SJWs, that would be a decade of our lives that's not as good as it could have been thanks to SJWs, I feel robbed.

The further we get away from the pre-woke era the harder it is to even really remember when things were different, like things have always been this way, the idea of people not having internet slap fights over shit like sexy females in games, comics and anime starts to seem alien.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The further we get away from the pre-woke era the harder it is to even really remember when things were different, like things have always been this way, the idea of people not having internet slap fights over shit like sexy females in games, comics and anime starts to seem alien.
The more this shit becomes "the Establishment" pushed by uncool adults, the more it will be cool to say fuck these moral guardians.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
The more this shit becomes "the Establishment" pushed by uncool adults, the more it will be cool to say fuck these moral guardians.
It's retarded that this shit ever happened in the first place though, years wasted on this bullshit.

Think of how cool 2010s culture could have been if people hadn't become so retarded.

That's my point is even if things hopefully change and get better, that's still years of our lives we'll never get back where we had to deal with that crap.

TrannyJanny

kiwifarms.net
Ok ok, sure the 2000s had some cool medis coming out and I guess the world was less cucked. However the 2000s also had shit internet and Raditude. I'll take my 2010s-2020 anyday.

• Feels
Reactions: DatBepisTho

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just loaded up on them and filled them with every conceivable thing I or my family would ever want to watch and I add new shit all the time.
I hate the "streaming only" or "DLC" mentality the stereotypical hipster of Current Year seems to love. Especially now in Current Year, it's a really bad idea to rely on the internet as a means of storage or viewing stuff. Physical > "cloud" or "streaming".

I also still think it's a bad idea to dox oneself online, so I guess that's yet another way I never really left the '00s.

Also I still like '00s memes...

The further we get away from the pre-woke era the harder it is to even really remember when things were different [...]
Hopefully we can go back to "the old normal" if this insanity ever ends, and I'm not just talking ending face masks and "social distancing". The world before Current Year wasn't great, but it was objectively better. Then corrupt people in positions of power or influence dragged us into this hellish circus by inventing identity politics and social media. Now they expect us to accept this new bullshit they forced on us for their idea of "progress".

And their idea of "progress" is control.

Last edited:

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Hopefully we can go back to "the old normal" if this insanity ever ends, and I'm not just talking ending face masks and "social distancing". The world before Current Year wasn't great, but it was objectively better. Then corrupt people in positions of power or influence dragged us into this hellish circus by inventing identity politics and social media. Now they expect us to accept this new bullshit they forced on us for their idea of "progress".

And their idea of "progress" is control.

It sure was nice being able to simply live your life as a human being as a white man without knowing that there's a huge agenda working night and day to make life miserable for you.

Tags
None