Does anyone else genuinely miss the 2000s?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Cuck Shack

Leaving the lights up for next Christmas.
kiwifarms.net
The 2000's were better than now. There isn't even a decade defining counter culture or style like there was back then. Unless you count troons or "Instagram baddie." The 2000's had emo, a goth resurgence, pop-punk, and ironic hipsters. All that said, the 80's were the best. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I almost forgot about the keyboard warriors. They existed back then too but everyone laughed at them. Oddly, they were christian fundamentalists. Now the woke keyboard warriors are the mainstream opinion. It's retarded and I'm too old for that shit. I can't read the news anymore. Every article is so profoundly stupid, unresearched, and misspelled that I might stroke out if I keep subjecting myself to it.

Last edited:

Maurice Caine

I owe ya one.
kiwifarms.net
The 2000's were better than now. There isn't even a decade defining counter culture or style like there was back then. Unless you count troons or "Instagram baddie." The 2000's had emo, a goth resurgence, pop-punk, and ironic hipsters. All that said, the 80's were the best. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I almost forgot about the keyboard warriors. They existed back then too but everyone laughed at them. Oddly, they were christian fundamentalists. Now the woke keyboard warriors are the mainstream opinion. It's retarded and I'm too old for that shit. I can't read the news anymore. Every article is so profoundly stupid, unresearched, and misspelled that I might stroke out if I keep subjecting myself to it.
The 2010s have defining characteristics that are not very obvious yet. I would say that horrible clip-art/Corporate Memphis style, schizophrenic architecture trends (which I cannot describe fully with words), Social Justice, Political Polarization, Web 3.0, that trap music thing those kids like to hear, and maybe the corporatization of everything? Did I get this right?

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can you imagine living in the '00s, somehow getting into frozen hibernation, and then thawed out 2021? Especially after learning woke is mainstream, that whole coronavirus thing, endless riots and divisive political drama, and that CWC is in jail for incesting "Snorlax"?

(hopefully things change for the better over the next decade)

BullDogsLipBrandClamjuice

Soda Jerk from Venus
kiwifarms.net
I've been thinking. Many people compare 00's to now, and I know it's nuts but it's been happening every 20 years for the last 100 years. 40s vs 60s. 60s vs 80s.
Iknow the culture has gone buck wild so it's a little different.
eh everything changes at such an expenential rate I wonder how quick things will go 20 or so years from now. Wild to think about..

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
People were much less race obsessed in the 2000's. The purportedly ''racist'' white Americans voted in large numbers to elect a biracial man at the end of that decade as their president. Something had to have been aligned better back then for that to occur. People seemed to genuinely get along back then despite race or politics. There was no BLM movement in the 2000's, nor was there white nationalists movements (in the mainstream).

The 2000's was far from perfect, there was many other issues back then. But it's nothing like what we have now in terms of the social issues.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
People were much less race obsessed in the 2000's. The purportedly ''racist'' white Americans voted in large numbers to elect a biracial man at the end of that decade as their president. Something had to have been aligned better back then for that to occur. People seemed to genuinely get along back then despite race or politics. There was no BLM movement in the 2000's, nor was there white nationalists movements (in the mainstream).

The 2000's was far from perfect, there was many other issues back then. But it's nothing like what we have now in terms of the social issues.
That just reminds me how 2000s politics created the politics of 2010 and 2020 sadly....

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 11.24.36.png
Screenshot 2021-10-02 at 14.45.55.png

Screenshot 2021-10-15 at 15.06.47.png

I miss the jokes and antics of this ''cow''. Biggest celebrity cow of the 2000's or what?

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whether or not one is pro-Trump, I think all can agree that the election of Orange Man was very divisive.
The election of Orange Man was when the last gasps of the world we grew up in died.

I increasingly look back on 2015 with fondness as it was a real end of an era.

2015 was pretty Woke too but it was not like today, it wasn't as genuinely hateful of white people as it is today.

I miss the late ‘90s. Gas was $0.99 a gallon, a Whopper cost a buck, and 8 quarters bought a pack of Luckies out of the cigarette machine at the grocery store. Yeah, the Govt was fucked and corrupt back then too but nowhere near like it is now. It was a really great time in the US, that period of time after the Satanic Panic but before the Global War On Terror.
The late '90s was awesome, the trouble for me though is being my age anything 90s now feels so, so long ago that the memories are pretty faded, I can remember the 2000s much clearer.

Almost nobody in mainstream culture gave a shit about race in the 2000s, it was completely irrelevant.

View attachment 2628806
View attachment 2628807

View attachment 2628813

I miss the jokes and antics of this ''cow''. Biggest celebrity cow of the 2000's or what?
It's kind of depressing though that he didn't survive the decade.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The election of Orange Man was when the last gasps of the world we grew up in died.
Hopefully woke going off the deep end and actively dumping on white people are the last gasps of wokeism.

Like the cult is getting desperate to retain power before they're removed from power.

Leaf Wage Slave

Need Time Machine to save Harambe
kiwifarms.net
Hopefully woke going off the deep end and actively dumping on white people are the last gasps of wokeism.

Like the cult is getting desperate to retain power before they're removed from power.
I'd hope that The Cult is starting to cotton onto the fact they were just Useful Idiots to get Trump out - yeah I doubt they're that self aware either, they're still seething about people thinking Ghostbusters 2016 was shit - and with the status quo restored Wokeism will slowly be phased out.

Unfortunately, I doubt they'll be able to put that genie back into it's bottle - it'll be interesting to see how the Powers That Be react to Woke biting the hand that feeds...

Hathungor

kiwifarms.net

The woke shit has been ramping up for like 10 years now. Even if I feel we're just past the peak, which was in 2019-2020 the trend won't go away quickly, and possibly never completely.
Look at the hippies - they were a cultural movement trying to change society and while they aren't relevant any longer most of the time, some ideas stuck around and they still chime in occasionally. There are now laws that criminalize intentionally misgendering some obnoxious tranny or saying mean things on social media. Those will never be repealed. The baseline has shifted too far.

My big fear is that that especially the neo-puritanism and the "safety before freedom and privacy" trend will stick unless something really huge happens, like a whistleblower revealing that glowies the world over have been using phone backdoors and the pegasus suite to perv on children en masse or politicians privately discussing new legislation specifically to that purpose. Nothing else would even have a chance of waking up the public.

Last edited:

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, I doubt they'll be able to put that genie back into it's bottle
Those will never be repealed.
Unless of course, a collapse happens. Insane laws could also go away after a long time as society drastically changes. For example, there's no laws against interracial marriage anymore.

And hopefully the tyrants of Current Year will fall, like the tyrants of the past.

(But like I said, leaving this looney bin for some other place in space sounds nice if it were possible.)

Hathungor

kiwifarms.net
Unless of course, a collapse happens. Insane laws could also go away after a long time as society drastically changes. For example, there's no laws against interracial marriage anymore.

And hopefully the tyrants of Current Year will fall, like the tyrants of the past.

(But like I said, leaving this looney bin for some other place in space sounds nice if it were possible.)
Personally, I'd settle for police being so underfunded and understaffed, encryption and anonymity measures being so robust, reliable and omnipresent or violations being so widespread that the laws simply aren't enforceable.

My hope isn't so much for leaving the planet myself but for space transportation becoming so cheap that near-earth space becomes saturated with illegally run pirate servers amidst the industrial garbage and debris, operating outside anyones' jurisdiction and reach.
That's still not realistic but one can dream...

Operaghost

Gimmie 20 dollars!
kiwifarms.net
When people weren't talking about politics 24/7, my disdain for politics has grown from the moment Trump started running for president until now, because everywhere you look people are saying this, that or whatever. For me, unless you are actually at these events you don't exactly know what the hell is occurring.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The woke shit has been ramping up for like 10 years now. Even if I feel we're just past the peak, which was in 2019-2020 the trend won't go away quickly, and possibly never completely.
Look at the hippies - they were a cultural movement trying to change society and while they aren't relevant any longer most of the time, some ideas stuck around and they still chime in occasionally. There are now laws that criminalize intentionally misgendering some obnoxious tranny or saying mean things on social media. Those will never be repealed. The baseline has shifted too far.

My big fear is that that especially the neo-puritanism and the "safety before freedom and privacy" trend will stick unless something really huge happens, like a whistleblower revealing that glowies the world over have been using phone backdoors and the pegasus suite to perv on children en masse or politicians privately discussing new legislation specifically to that purpose. Nothing else would even have a chance of waking up the public.
Some of the damage will be permanent just like how things never fully went back to the way they were pre-60s, we'll never be able to go back to the naïve optimism surrounding race in the 90s and 2000s that led to the election of Obama and the vibe right after that, that was a moment and an attitude forever lost to us, you'll never be able to look at race the same way again after Woke forcing everyone to think in such racialized ways.

The hope though is that we can at least get back some of the stability America used to have, that people will lighten up somewhat and stop being so blatantly hateful.

Oglooger

One of few based™ oldfags
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
, we'll never be able to go back to the naïve optimism surrounding race in the 90s and 2000s that led to the election of Obama and the vibe right after that
If they managed to memory hole how bad race relations were in the 70's they could most likely do it again. they just need to fix their bread and circus system that kept people complacent in the 80's-90's and keep pushing on gay rugged individualism so that people don't care about others because favorite sports ball team is winning and they are making enough money to support their pod and hobbies.

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of ''Wokeness''. The only ''Blame whitey moment'' coming from the 2000's was oddly Kanye West's 'George Bush doesn't care about black people' comment on air. And even THAT didn't really blow up. It sort of just floated by (no pun intended). People seemed smarter back then, they (blacks) didn't go ahead and turn on white's just because someone made a provocative comment.