Does anyone else genuinely miss the 2000s?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

ditto

kiwifarms.net
A free and independent America goes against, so "they" summoned 2020?
If the official line becomes "look how COVID turned out to be a good thing in the long term!" then it's almost certain that 2020 was a psyop because tptb are vain enough to try and take credit (just like the "fortifying the election").

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
bread and circus system
What if the modern world really is inherently a dystopia? Yet not all things modern making it are crap though.

Of course the world of the past was a famine-stricken war-torn craphole much of the time, so it wasn't better.

People seemed smarter back then, they (blacks) didn't go ahead and turn on white's just because someone made a provocative comment.
And just couldn't resist bragging about it afterward.
Maybe that's a reason schools are dumbed down: so too many believe the media grifting?

The Ugly One

kiwifarms.net
What I remember about the 00s was the slow realization that the Republican Party didn't really give a shit about its voters. It didn't really coalesce in my mind until the financial crisis, and Bush announced he was throwing anything resembling free market principles out the window to save his buddies on Wall Street. I also saw wokeness coming, since it had already gone mainstream on campus by 2005 or so. This was the first time I had ever heard that gender was a social construct that could be reconstructed at will, grammar and spelling were oppressive constructs devised to protect power & privilege, or that citizenship-based voting is a fundamentally racist concept designed to "other" so-called "foreigners."

So for me, the 00s was largely taken up by this uneasy feeling that things were going to get pretty bad, and nobody was really interested in correcting course.

JamesFargo

Did a dime in San Quentin.
kiwifarms.net
It didn't really coalesce in my mind until the financial crisis, and Bush announced he was throwing anything resembling free market principles out the window
Not that Obama was able to exploit it to any lasting effect.

He seems to earnestly think Jamie Dimon and Larry Summers should run the country.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What I remember about the 00s was the slow realization that the Republican Party didn't really give a shit about its voters.
What took you so long to realize that? I mean it's pretty obvious if you're a Democrat that your party literally takes a shit on your face every time they release an ad but it's not like the GOP has been much more subtle.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2021's almost over and it feels like it never really began. Nothing happened this entire year. The public is still scared shitless by Corona-chan. All the divisive political shit is just retards lobbing their turds at one another at this point, with absolutely nothing changing for the better.

There's something fun to look back on every single year of the 2000s, but fucking nothing with the 2020s thus far. The highlights of my year seriously turned out to be lolcow happenings, with CWC's revelations; and Lowtax committing suicide. I can't even buy various shit I need for both my hobbies and line of work. I don't know how the hell anyone could look back on this time as a nice moment in their lives.

I can't believe suicide rates aren't off the charts right now

JamesFargo

Did a dime in San Quentin.
kiwifarms.net
What took you so long to realize that? I mean it's pretty obvious if you're a Democrat that your party literally takes a shit on your face every time they release an ad
The libs lost their f*cking minds when it looked like Corbyn or Bernie might win.
oha_ZdzgcwLbSSIJqrVM2-KWy1dP_8IX2QchtfNd0AY.jpg
Woke is just the latest iteration of their scam. If you care about the working class, you must be racist.

Anyway, I do miss the indie, alternative, and throwback rock bands.

Last edited:

The Lawgiver

THE LONGER THE ICON OF SIN IS ON EARTH THE STRONGE
kiwifarms.net
A lot of you have your lenses coated in nostalgia.

That being said, 2000s was the rise of the internet and a great decade overall, definitely better than 1990s.
Less nostalgia in my case considering I still remember all the bullshit I went through and more I also remember people were a lot less reddit/twitter politicsbrained. Closest you got to that shit was euphoric athiests or politicians or fundies. Now though? all the bullshit from those types has weirdly congealed into a single personality type along with the furry/gay shit, creating some sort of frankensteins fucking monster of paradoxically both degeneracy and staunchy no-fun allowed bubblewrap over the masses stances. This has weirdly coincided with the greater megacorp control over the internet and it occasionally gets me wondering if there might be more to it though it's more than likely just a series of fucked coincidences convenient for said megacorps profits. Everyone acting like a fucking corporate middle manager type now HAS to have some sort of benefit to these guys, or they'd have culled that shit years ago.
Might not be getting what I'm getting at here across too well as I'm shit at explaining things like this but yeah. "Nostalgia" for me in the 2000s would be shit like early 2000s "me in the fucking Beyblade tournament with the giant arena some store employee made every week at the mall" or "nearly drinking the nightmare concoction of wild berry juice, pine needles, and bubble mix me and my best friend at the time hid to fester in the bushes behind his house" kinda thing. Late 2000s/early 2010s despite being over a decade ago now is so recent in my brain due to a combination of stagnation and the increasingly deafening politics dumbassery of 2014-current year. Technically the bullshit started a few years earlier but it was manageable.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of you have your lenses coated in nostalgia.
In a number of ways the '00s were better than the '90s, but the '90s were better in others?

But overall, the '00s were definitely better than the 2010s, which in turn were definitely better than the 2020s so far.

Last edited:

Jarch6

kiwifarms.net
Best time for vidja, best time on the internet (where sincerity still existed and there was a landscape of websites rather than just a handful of bloated censored shit), absolute kino. I would love to go back just to play Halo 2 with the boys, but sadly no good thing lasts forever.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One can't "appropriate" - "steal" - "culture" itself, any more than one can "appropriate" the idea that 1+1=2.

Thinking "culture" can be "appropriated" is thinking "culture" is artificially pigeonholed into rigid categories.

Yet in the late 2010s, the delusion of "cultural appropriation" went more or less mainstream.

Last edited:

LillWeeb

kiwifarms.net
What I remember about the 00s was the slow realization that the Republican Party didn't really give a shit about its voters. It didn't really coalesce in my mind until the financial crisis, and Bush announced he was throwing anything resembling free market principles out the window to save his buddies on Wall Street. I also saw wokeness coming, since it had already gone mainstream on campus by 2005 or so. This was the first time I had ever heard that gender was a social construct that could be reconstructed at will, grammar and spelling were oppressive constructs devised to protect power & privilege, or that citizenship-based voting is a fundamentally racist concept designed to "other" so-called "foreigners."

So for me, the 00s was largely taken up by this uneasy feeling that things were going to get pretty bad, and nobody was really interested in correcting course.
reminds of the whole anti sjw left takes back in the day (anyone remember when that was still a thing lmao) don't worry woke will only stay on tumblr from there it took over the internet and beyond,

1970: don't worry its only a few hippie professors

1985: don't worry its on a few cultural studies departments on campus.

1996: don't worry its only A few majors of study

2005: don't worry its only on college campuses, and a few blogs no one reads,

2011 :don't worry it will only stay on tmblr the rest of the internet is laughing at them, herp derp.

2016: dont worry it will only stay on the social media and internet when the normies in irl find out and see them they will laugh at them and run them out of town, and the sjws will grow out of it.

2021 don't worry woke only took over every institution and government in the west, the third world will put an end to this nonsense.

Last edited:

Dwight Frye

Renfield, you asshole!
kiwifarms.net
One can't "appropriate" - "steal" - "culture" itself, any more than one can "appropriate" the idea that 1+1=2.

Thinking "culture" can be "appropriated" is thinking "culture" is artificially pigeonholed into rigid categories.

Yet in the late 2010s, the delusion of "cultural appropriation" went more or less mainstream.
It still astounds me the leaps these idiots will take to virtue signal. I had one telling me not too long ago in complete sincerity she believed that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was problematic because it appropriates Asian culture.

…wat