Does anyone else genuinely miss the 2000s?

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

ToroidalBoat

wat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
2021 don't worry woke only took over every institution and government in the west, the third world will put an end to this nonsense.
Like I said in other thread, woke is the real pandemic. A "toxic" anti-human way of thinking - disguised as "progress" - that infects all it can.

Hopefully it's not a hopeless situation where woke becomes the permanent and natural way. "Go woke go broke" is a thing, so maybe some day woke will go away?

Last edited:

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
reminds of the whole anti sjw left takes back in the day (anyone remember when that was still a thing lmao) don't worry woke will only stay on tumblr from there it took over the internet and beyond,

1970: don't worry its only a few hippie professors

1985: don't worry its on a few cultural studies departments on campus.

1996: don't worry its only A few majors of study

2005: don't worry its only on college campuses, and a few blogs no one reads,

2011 :don't worry it will only stay on tmblr the rest of the internet is laughing at them, herp derp.

2016: dont worry it will only stay on the social media and internet when the normies in irl find out and see them they will laugh at them and run them out of town, and the sjws will grow out of it.

2021 don't worry woke only took over every institution and government in the west, the third world will put an end to this nonsense.
Basically the whole “I’m going to sit back, do nothing, and the problem will just take care of itself” is pure bullshit and cope. Waiting for deus ex machinas is how we got into this mess and right now the deus ex machina is that baste minorities are going to save the day. The absolute state of conservatives in 2021 :story:

Lord Neeba

kiwifarms.net
reminds of the whole anti sjw left takes back in the day (anyone remember when that was still a thing lmao) don't worry woke will only stay on tumblr from there it took over the internet and beyond,

2011 :don't worry it will only stay on tmblr the rest of the internet is laughing at them, herp derp.

2016: dont worry it will only stay on the social media and internet when the normies in irl find out and see them they will laugh at them and run them out of town, and the sjws will grow out of it.

"Haha, those dumb college kids will get a rude awakening when they enter the real world!" Turns, out the dumb college kids came, the dumb college kids saw, the dumb college kids conquered.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now that we're into the real meat of the 2000s being 20 years ago, I find myself reflecting back on the decade in a new way because of what it means for something to be 20 years ago.

It sucks that in rapid succession now every year will turn 20, I mean that's mind blowing.

The silver living is that thanks to the 20 year nostalgic cycle, people in general will start to find the decade's culture interesting again, we also might see some revivals of things from the era, though sadly that's off to a rocky start since they brought The Matrix and it sucked.

Could people's nostalgia and realization how much better things we're 20 years ago lead to people wondering whatever happened to that and choosing to bring back some of the decade's norms and attitudes? People have got to be getting just flat out bored of Woke by now, right?

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
That being said, 2000s was the rise of the internet and a great decade overall, definitely better than 1990s.
Sure it was great having the TSA finger you every time you had to take a flight, the terror propaganda shit blaring 24/7, having the feds at your door because you said something bad about dubya, getting fucked by banks in 2008 and the rise of wokeism.

Why would anyone trade that to live in a decade without the cold war, a free culture, the OG wild west internet and an economic bonanza?

Getting some strong zoomer vibes from this bullshit.

Last edited:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's a goofy MIDI of Sum 41 - Fat Lip that I came across in a colossal archive of MIDIs saved from Geocities, which seems just perfect for this thread

Attachments

• fatlip.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 34

MrJokerRager

Z Boobs, V Beach Volleyball and O MAGA 2024
kiwifarms.net

Sounds like a group of folks who just "wanted to grill" and didn't really have solid beliefs about society and the future, like the Talichads in Afghanistan unironically.

The best case is Joe Rogan, who knew about the left wing internet lunacy and yet knowing better than anyone else, cucked hard.

Hathungor

kiwifarms.net
If you mean the time before smart phones. Then yes.
The problems isn't smart phones per se, it's what they enabled. They were basically the gateway onto the internet for 90% of the people that're now ruining it.
Funny how when they asked Steve Jobs in an interview if his kids enjoyed the IPad his answer was that they don't have one in the house and were trying to limit their childrens' exposure to technology. Almost like he understood that this shit is only suitable for mentally and emotionally stable people and dangerous for everyone else.

With younger millenials and current-year Zoomers we now see what happens if parents take their hands off the wheel and let algorithms raise their kids instead.

Linkola's IT Guy

Not removing my medallion
kiwifarms.net
Getting some strong zoomer vibes from this bullshit.
Zoomers copying the "born in le wrong generation" shtick from millennials is pathetic. Everything has always sucked, grow up. I do have a bit of nostalgia for the 2000s myself, but it has much more to do with where I was in my life at the time than anything to do with the era itself. Yes, the smartphone and social media were probably net negatives for society, but being past the parts of the 2000s where we were fighting a million wars in the Middle East, having jingoistic post-9/11 bullshit shoved in your face every second, and losing your house in an economic crash is quite nice.

Last edited:

Caesare

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sure it was great having the TSA finger you every time you had to take a flight, the terror propaganda shit blaring 24/7, having the feds at your door because you said something bad about dubya, getting fucked by banks in 2008 and the rise of wokeism.
I heard Gavin McInnis say this recently on a video I was watching. He said he hasn't yet told his children this, but will in the near future the next time they're traveling in the airport and have to go through all the ridiculous TSA shit, "All this crap they put us through, it's ALL because of muslims."

And he's right. Muslim's destroyed the ability to travel in this country without having crippled old women in wheelchairs manhandled by a high school dropout in the TSA.

And no I don't miss the 2000s. I don't miss the 90s all that much either. It was all faggot shit, as far as I'm concerned. Pop culture has always been infected with lame gayness in my lifetime. I have no strong feelings for anything back than, nor would I like to go back to those simpler times. I live in the present.

Last edited:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And no I don't miss the 2000s. I don't miss the 90s all that much either. It was all faggot shit, as far as I'm concerned. Pop culture has always been infected with lame gayness in my lifetime. I have no strong feelings for anything back than, nor would I like to go back to those simpler times. I live in the present.
imagine being so miserable you don't have nostalgia for anything