Does anyone else genuinely miss the 2000s?

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not even a little bit miserable, I just can't see one good thing from back then that I actually miss.
People weren't hate fueled assholes back then for one thing, people just wanted to live their lives in peace, these days everything is all about this Great Crusade marching forever on.

That's one of the main things I miss about America of the past, that feeling of just being allowed to live your life in peace, now everywhere you look you're forced to think about the Great Crusade, you're reminded that the Great Crusade fucking hates you and wants you to be miserable.

You're literally told that if you're a white person, the only way to be "good" is to willingly and intentionally cripple your chances of success in life so others more deserving can have it in your place, fuck that and fuck you, says me, get the fuck out of my way and out of my hair.

Everywhere you look now, every advertisement, every piece of media and entertainment, it's all filled with the same message of "SUBMIT BEFORE DIVERSITY, WHITE MAN" and I'm just sick of it and miss the days before it.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
And no I don't miss the 2000s. I don't miss the 90s all that much either. It was all faggot shit, as far as I'm concerned. Pop culture has always been infected with lame gayness in my lifetime. I have no strong feelings for anything back than, nor would I like to go back to those simpler times. I live in the present.
This is very true. The late 80s/early 90s was the first wave of political correctness and also The Very Special Episodes of shitty sitcoms where some nigger was hassled by the cops when he dindu nuffins and wondered why. It was a time when AIDS was obfuscated enough to where people would just get it at random from drinking fountains instead of unprotected gay sex or sharing used needles.

Then it transitioned to the mid and late 90s where every woman in a sitcom was here to let us know she roared and was sassy and you just had to deal with it. It was around the time they started introducing gays at random too. Also sitcoms where the lead characters got into wacky hijinks where people thought they were gay.

Media has been shit for decades. I think most guys pine for the 2000s because they’re in their 20s and 30s and grew up with this stuff. The 2000s was when they launched cynical reboots, trilogies that only had one good movie (maybe), and it was when capeshit took off. Basically it was the time media started doing a free fall, there is no purpose in having nostalgia for this era because it’s still the same shit 15-20 years later, just with more niggers.

Caesare

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is very true. The late 80s/early 90s was the first wave of political correctness and also The Very Special Episodes of shitty sitcoms where some nigger was hassled by the cops when he dindu nuffins and wondered why. It was a time when AIDS was obfuscated enough to where people would just get it at random from drinking fountains instead of unprotected gay sex or sharing used needles.

Then it transitioned to the mid and late 90s where every woman in a sitcom was here to let us know she roared and was sassy and you just had to deal with it. It was around the time they started introducing gays at random too. Also sitcoms where the lead characters got into wacky hijinks where people thought they were gay.

Media has been shit for decades. I think most guys pine for the 2000s because they’re in their 20s and 30s and grew up with this stuff. The 2000s was when they launched cynical reboots, trilogies that only had one good movie (maybe), and it was when capeshit took off. Basically it was the time media started doing a free fall, there is no purpose in having nostalgia for this era because it’s still the same shit 15-20 years later, just with more niggers.
Exactly, It's been like this my entire lifetime. It's nothing new, it's just becoming more and more blatant. It was like this before I was born. You wanna see this leftwing faggotry in all it's glory, watch any of the Billy Jack movies from the 1970s. One of my uncle's friends turned me on to those movies, he liked them as a kid. They're fucking horrendous, made me wanna puke. Though, it did make me very happy to hear that the guy who played Billy Jack became increasingly unhinged in his older years and bought into all these really crackpot conspiracy theories. If I would have watched any of those movies in the theater back then, I'd be cheering when all those hippies were getting shot in the 2nd movie.

The Very Special Episodes of shitty sitcoms where some nigger was hassled by the cops when he dindu nuffins and wondered why.
Remember that TV Show "Smart Guy" with the two black chicks and the genius little brother? I remember them doing an episode like that, it was about a store manager in the mall who'd follow black customers around like they were potential thieves. It was pure, pandering nonsense in an otherwise quality show for kids. Instead of getting mad at a store owner/manager trying to protect her investment, how about you get mad at your own people who gave yall this type of reputation.

People weren't hate fueled assholes back then for one thing, people just wanted to live their lives in peace, these days everything is all about this Great Crusade marching forever on.
Yeah, fair enough. That part I can definitely sympathize with.

Last edited:

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Remember that TV Show "Smart Guy" with the two black chicks and the genius little brother? I remember them doing an episode like that, it was about a store manager in the mall who'd follow black customers around like they were potential thieves. It was pure, pandering nonsense in an otherwise quality show for kids. Instead of getting mad at a store owner/manager trying to protect her investment, how about you get mad at your own people who gave yall this type of reputation.
Yep. I remember watching lots of shitty WB sitcoms and every black sitcom had Very Special Episodes where wypipo were giving them a hard time. I remember one show where a niglet was discouraged from playing hockey. I forgot the show’s name but it was in the vein of Smart Guy. The media has been pushing racial agitation for a long time. This was the mid 90s too. It’s only gotten worse since then.

Super Book

#BIGMANSWEEP
kiwifarms.net
I don't really have an affinity for any decade, but I will say shitposting on the internet was the best during the late 2000s-early 2010s because people still legitimately fell for trolls back then. Being irony poisoned definitely has its downsides.

DiscoRodeo

kiwifarms.net
Yep. I remember watching lots of shitty WB sitcoms and every black sitcom had Very Special Episodes where wypipo were giving them a hard time. I remember one show where a niglet was discouraged from playing hockey. I forgot the show’s name but it was in the vein of Smart Guy. The media has been pushing racial agitation for a long time. This was the mid 90s too. It’s only gotten worse since then.
This is the one thing that amuses me and it's such a cope counter narrative that actually harms black people.

It essentially made being profiled about race alone, rather than how one presents onesself, which is usually the opposite of how it goes in real life.

For example, nerdy looking black guy? Who realistically cares.

George floryd esque person? Of course watch out.

Lesson is lost on a generation to carry yourself properly

khaine

kiwifarms.net

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
The problems isn't smart phones per se, it's what they enabled. They were basically the gateway onto the internet for 90% of the people that're now ruining it.
Funny how when they asked Steve Jobs in an interview if his kids enjoyed the IPad his answer was that they don't have one in the house and were trying to limit their childrens' exposure to technology. Almost like he understood that this shit is only suitable for mentally and emotionally stable people and dangerous for everyone else.

With younger millenials and current-year Zoomers we now see what happens if parents take their hands off the wheel and let algorithms raise their kids instead.
Jobs was practically dead at the time of the iPad, and his kids afaik were grown up by then, you sure its not Ive or some of the other soulless assholes at that company?
but it has much more to do with where I was in my life at the time than anything to do with the era itself.
I think there's a lot of that in all this specially since zoomers were little kids in the 2000s so its not like they noticed the wars and rising authoritarianism, tho I bet many do remember how in 2008 the gravy train stopped, tho for some probably it didn't.

Point is we're all nostalgic about our childhood because those were simpler, happier times.......unless you got diddled I guess.
I heard Gavin McInnis say this recently on a video I was watching. He said he hasn't yet told his children this, but will in the near future the next time they're traveling in the airport and have to go through all the ridiculous TSA shit, "All this crap they put us through, it's ALL because of muslims."

And he's right. Muslim's destroyed the ability to travel in this country without having crippled old women in wheelchairs manhandled by a high school dropout in the TSA.

And no I don't miss the 2000s. I don't miss the 90s all that much either. It was all faggot shit, as far as I'm concerned. Pop culture has always been infected with lame gayness in my lifetime. I have no strong feelings for anything back than, nor would I like to go back to those simpler times. I live in the present.
If the capitol shit showed something is that they can pull this scam with any group, now they are pushing more surveillance and regulations on the internet using a bunch of sperging boomers as an excuse, something which was far less serious than 9/11 but they're still doing it, see what I mean?

AnaphylacticShock

kiwifarms.net
2000s is when they really started pushing the nigger shit. The local radio stations started playing nothing but rap starting in '04. The only hold outs were the stations that played really old music. I remember when things started to change in the 90s too. The "girl power" and hippy peace sign, yin yang bullshit. I miss my youth of course and would hate to be a kid or teenager right now, but the 90s and 2000s weren't so great either...the conditioning was just more subtle.

BipolarPon

ELEMENT OF [Hyperlink Blocked]
kiwifarms.net
My mind was more innocent back then,, but thinking about it now not really, though I miss when people would keep there internet and public life more private. Everyone just forgot internet saftey now.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The difference with 90s and 00s diversity is it wasn't predicated on hating white men, we were seen as just another part of the whole smorgasbord, we could be cool too.

Even when you had the stock racist white guy villain, it was always made clear that was not ALL white men, you always had a positive white male character too.

Now there's an inherent hostility towards white men, you'll have works of media where the only white male characters are racist bad guys.

I mean compared to the woke 2020s, the 2000s were a godsend. Compare the differences:

Colbert interviews occupy Wall Street protester orange juice or whatever that dipshit's name is and mocks the insanity of it all

These days, anyone mocking this idiocy would be cancelled. No doubt, these days Colbert would be supporting them. You have to take this bullshit seriously.
Colbert was one of the first people they tried to cancel and isn't the whole term "cancel culture" thanks to the hashtag #CancelColbert?

So it's no wonder the guy cucked out big time, I remember when I liked him too, now I think he's a complete dipshit.

2000s is when they really started pushing the nigger shit. The local radio stations started playing nothing but rap starting in '04. The only hold outs were the stations that played really old music. I remember when things started to change in the 90s too. The "girl power" and hippy peace sign, yin yang bullshit. I miss my youth of course and would hate to be a kid or teenager right now, but the 90s and 2000s weren't so great either...the conditioning was just more subtle.
Yeah, black culture was big in the 2000s, but it still wasn't as ubiquitous and pushed as hard as it is today, if it wasn't your cup of tea, it was something that was fairly easy to tune out.

Us white guys still had our own little cultural fiefdoms we could retreat to and were left alone in, like gaming or nerd culture, then all of a sudden it became a very purposeful agenda to seek those cultures and diversify them up.

2000s and early 2010s hipster culture was also in hindsight very clearly white people rejecting mainstream culture and doing their own thing, Flava Flav was infamously booed at Bonnaroo or some hipster music festival like that when he tried to promote his reality show Flavor of Love, but they've sure fucked hipster culture in the ass in the years since.

I'm not incensed by the very existence of black culture, but I am incensed by the idea that we can't have what could be described as "white culture" or "white guy culture" anymore, fair is fair and that's simply not fair.

90s "girl power" was also something radically different than modern day feminism, girl power was very sex positive, 90s Lara Croft was actually seen as a girl power icon as opposed to exactly the sort of thing feminists despise, girl power was about being sexy, fabulous and self confident, not shrill, ugly and hating men.

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
Cancel culture was still present in a different form in the 2000's, remember the ''Michael Richards incident''. We never heard from him again after that.

Then there was other things like Rush Limbaugh imitating Michael J Fox's ''tremors'' on his radio show and that creating a huge controversy. Entire news segments were dedicated to how Rush Limbaugh made fun of a guy with Parkinson's and accused him of going off his pills and flopping around like a fish in a chair (at least more than usual) to push the stem cell agenda. Limbaugh almost lost his show over that incident, or came close.

Cancel culture/outrage culture was still with us back then. It just wasn't as aggressive.

Caesare

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cancel culture was still present in a different form in the 2000's, remember the ''Michael Richards incident''. We never heard from him again after that.
That was so funny. Kenny Kramer, the real life guy who Michael Richard's character was based on, was getting hate mail for a year or more after that happened. Real life Kramer is a well known grifter who has been taking advantage of the fact that the most famous sitcom of all time had a character named after him in it. He has a bus tour around NYC (which has been parodied on the show) and all sorts of random money-making schemes that are only tangentially related to the Seinfeld show.

Of course, he has a website with a giant photo of him plastered right on the front page, with a title saying that he is "KENNY KRAMER, the REAL LIFE guy COSMO KRAMER is based on from the show!!" and his email address and other contact information.

Despite all these clues identifying him as "NOT MICHAEL RICHARDS" dumb black people kept sending hate mail to his email address and would leave comment after comment on his webpage cursing him out and crying about him yelling at those black people in the audience at the Laugh Factory that night.

It got so bad, he had to put a notice on the front page of the website to let people know he is not Michael Richards and he doesn't condone what Michael Richards did at that comedy show. Imagine being that stupid. Kenny Kramer looked absolutely nothing like Michael Richards, and his photo was right on the front page of his website.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Then there was other things like Rush Limbaugh imitating Michael J Fox's ''tremors'' on his radio show and that creating a huge controversy. Entire news segments were dedicated to how Rush Limbaugh made fun of a guy with Parkinson's and accused him of going off his pills and flopping around like a fish in a chair (at least more than usual) to push the stem cell agenda. Limbaugh almost lost his show over that incident, or came close.

Cancel culture/outrage culture was still with us back then. It just wasn't as aggressive.
The difference is both examples are something pretty extreme, there's not really any defending Richards' racist rant (he wasn't telling jokes, he was just verbally attacking the hecklers) and there's no defending Limbaugh's mocking of Michael J Fox's Parkinson's, any society is going to have reasonable standards for behavior and in those two instances a reasonable line was clearly crossed.

However as time went on the standards became absurdly unreasonable.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The difference is both examples are something pretty extreme, there's not really any defending Richards' racist rant (he wasn't telling jokes, he was just verbally attacking the hecklers) and there's no defending Limbaugh's mocking of Michael J Fox's Parkinson's, any society is going to have reasonable standards for behavior and in those two instances a reasonable line was clearly crossed.

However as time went on the standards became absurdly unreasonable.
There also wasn't a widespread idea that we need to go through absolutely everything he ever recorded and wrote, regardless of context and intent. Joe Rogan's recent happenings are a perfect example of how just even gently questioning the narrative and coming up with alternative solutions to problems lead to psychos digging into everything you ever said in order to destroy you.