Does anyone genuinely miss the 1090s? - Nostalgia for a more sacred time

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing.

VIPPER?

kiwifarms.net
Oh, to be murdered with a genuine hammer. Preferably something like a halberd or lucerne. Modern launcher grenades and Yeet Cannons just don't do it for me

GloryHole Stalker

kiwifarms.net
The 1090s are vastly overrated. Personally, I miss the 1950s. I'd love to go to a "sock hop" and flounce about around like a faggot...seems like fun.

lurk_moar

Certified Lab Tech and Fatphobe
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Emperor Huizong fucking sucks. Too bad Emperor Zhezong died too young, then there would be no stupid Southern Song Dynasty.

Haim Arlosoroff

Archpolitician June Lapercal
kiwifarms.net
William-II-Rufus.jpg
When William II of England, the third son of William the Conqueror, dared to set foot in Normandy to wrestle England's Norman lands from his older brother Robert, God grew so cross at the very idea of a younger son of England ruling over his elder brother in France he brought down his wrath in the form of the earliest reported tornado in that area with wind speeds at about 207–260 mph based on the damage, occurring on Friday, 17 October 1091. The wooden London Bridge was demolished, the church of St. Mary-le-Bow in the city of London was badly damaged; four rafters 26 feet (7.9 m) long were driven into the ground with such force that only 4 feet (1.2 m) protruded above the surface. Other churches in the area were demolished, as were over 600 (mostly wooden) houses.

00cuthorse1.jpg
This led the better brother Robert Curthose of Normandy, the first son of William the Conqueror, to organize and leave for the Holy Land on the First Crusade. He was reportedly so impoverished that he often lacked for even clothes to wear. In order to raise money for the crusade he mortgaged the duchy of Normandy to his brother William. It is believed that this allowed, through the personal poverty of Robert, to raise an army which was the same size as the army of Godfrey of Bouillon. In addition, after Hugh the Great abandoned the Holy Land, approximately 100 knights under his command chose to join Robert’s army. He fought in the Siege of Nicaea, Battle of Dorylaeum, Siege of Antioch, and the Siege of Jerusalem as well as the Battle of Ascalon during Jerusalem's aftermath. He took no land for himself, but installed the chaplain of his Norman crusader army, Arnulf of Chocques, as the first Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem.

00henry1B.jpg
Then when he got home, the fourth son of William the Conqueror, liberal arts major Henry I had murdered that great fuck William II who had so cursed England that his elder brother had to personally ride down into the holy land and install a real Christian Patriarchate. Thus began the English tradition of having to suffer Christ-Cursed Princes who betray their family named Henry.

The 1090s were sure something, I guess you had to be there.