Does conflict actually help society? -

Shark Girl Enthusiast

Shark boobs
kiwifarms.net
We've all seen how conflict has been use to help further advance a nation's society, weather it be scientific breakthroughs like new weapons to help fight in wars, to things such as a microwave to heat up foods quick and easy. Though, conflict can be a two-sided coin; sometimes conflict may actually cause more set backs and true progress is never seen. How you describe of the nature of conflict and it's effects?

Marco Fucko

Read Terra Formars 😁
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean look at how stagnate and degenerated our culture has become with a slow burning conflict overseas. Honestly it might be for the best if a second Civil War were to pop off.

Besides, the southerners need to be reminded of their place.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
It's more about competition and necessity than conflict. There's the classic example of two islands where one had tons of flora and fauna to eat, while the other had none of that and very rough land to process making the need . Several hundreds of years later, the first island people were still in tribal society while the people in the second island had advanced technologically, started branching out, discovered the first island and commited genoicde/enslaved everyone in it.

Women should die

kiwifarms.net
conflict only makes people hate your cause. I wanted to support blm as soon as George Floyd died, but after they rioted and looted Minnesota and other places i hated them. Also the zoomers virtue signalling painting BLM on their face was enough to make me not associate with them too.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it probably depends on a lot of factors. Depends on what you’re looking at and the type of conflict. War? Hostile weather and marauding tribes? Outright genocide vs sending a professional army to fight? Invasion vs sending troops? Civil war? Short conflict vs long?

A country which sends professional troops to a ‘just’ (whatever that is) war will probably come out better than a group who had their country invaded and were Genocided. Or a group like vikings in modern day Norwegian fjords - skirmishing and land pressure leads them to strike out. They did OK.

there’s also other conflict besides outright war. The Cold War for example. Long term stuff. And you could argue that the current culture wars, mass immigration and clash of religions and cultures are creating conflict as well. That’s certainly not going well for us, not is it driving any sort of life enhancing technologies or breakthroughs.
I’m sure books have been written on it.
tl:dr, probably depends if you win.

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Without conflict, there is neither authority nor growth.

conflict only makes people hate your cause. I wanted to support blm as soon as George Floyd died, but after they rioted and looted Minnesota and other places i hated them. Also the zoomers virtue signalling painting BLM on their face was enough to make me not associate with them too.
If that is true, what came first you hating women or women hating you?

Did WW2 advance our surgical techniques and technology? Sure did, and came at a very high costs. BLM racist bullshit conflict? Not advancing shit and fucking up the nation.

The most anti-government people I met were in the military. Says a shitload.
How else are people going to get redpilled?

Idiotron

Autismus Prime
kiwifarms.net
Depends on the conflict.
For example, if there are 2 sides, one side says that 2+2=3 and the other says that 2+2=5, and they're s loud and violent that the 2+2=4 people can't even enter the conversation, it's not good.
In a conflict like that (to quote the tagline for Alien vs Predator from 2004), whoever wins, we lose.

You need to have smart and reasonable people take part in a conflict for it to really bring positive change.

Strange Wilderness

kiwifarms.net
In Business there's a thing called Manageable/Controlled Stress that pretty much says a manager should have some kind of crisis or conflict in their job to keep them motivated. Knowing that in the afternoon you need to settle a dispute between the accounting department and the outside vendors forces you to stay alert and constantly thing and improving. This is contrasted with having no stress at all which makes you complacent and lazy, unwilling to improve and unable to deal with a crisis when it occurs, or being in constant panic mode where everything is a house burning down level crisis which leads you unable to function or plan for the future. Society having some kind of problem to deal with helps the people in it come up with solutions to said problem. For example the conflict between economic and environmental interests results in people coming up with innovative ways to address Global Warming and other future concerns leads to more efficient technologies that benefit society as a whole. The current crisis with the rioters calling to defund the police and tearing down Civil War monuments is a panic mode crisis where everything happening is a knee-jerk reaction that does nothing to prevent the problem in the future or grow society as a whole.

Tags
None