Does this make me racist? -

jorgoth

kiwifarms.net
I'm a remote programmer for a big company and I have never seen most of my coworkers face to face and don't even know what half of them look like. This one guy's really nice and helpful, almost to a fault, and he's a really cool guy. Just today I noticed from his Outlook user avatar that he's black, and now I feel really bad for him. Does that make me racist?

Bad Gateway

Oops!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a remote programmer for a big company and I have never seen most of my coworkers face to face and don't even know what half of them look like. This one guy's really nice and helpful, almost to a fault, and he's a really cool guy. Just today I noticed from his Outlook user avatar that he's black, and now I feel really bad for him. Does that make me racist?
Yep.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, a racist would react by saying "Well I'm not emailing that fuckin' spear-chucker anymore."

Your reaction is just dumb, not evil.

His race has zero bearing on his kindness, intellect or ability to help. He's obviously been raised well and learned proper manners and decency when dealing with his fellow man, which in itself shows a love shown to him by his surroundings that he reciprocates outward in his professional life.

You should not pity this man at all, you should cherish him, exalt him and try to act as he does.

throwawayguys

kiwifarms.net
Racism is more than just passive empathy. It's a way of life, a powerful innate feeling of disgust that should inform every decision you ever make in life.
You're not trying hard enough.