Does "White privilege" exist? - If so, how and why?

The Last Stand

The earth is flat.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This came to my mind from seeing countless social media posts bashing White people, asking for repartations, CHAZ. Typically from White people themselves.

In a way, I think "White privilege" exists in a way. Hear me out, hear me out.

I'm sure you've heard of the crabs in a bucket mentality. One crab tries to leave the bucket, the others try to pull the crab back down to their own fate. This is common in the Black community. As a whole, that community shuns success or forward progression as a way of being "White" in Western society. If you "confirm" or assimilate out of that ghetto mentality, you are not "Black" anymore.

In that case, it's contained.

However, it appears as just being White is a problem in today's society. When Blacks do it, it's in a vacuum. When Whites do it, everybody gets affected. We live in one of the most developed societies in the world, with privileges that many countries don't have the luxury of KNOWING they exist, yet we tear ourselves down for superficial reasons.

I also think their method of "inclusiveness" is counterproductive. Everybody has a label onto them, which I think creates more division as you're assigned said label, therefore you must act a certain way. There's no individuality anymore.

Whites DO populate more in the United States, so I would think that's a privilege in itself.

Dialtone

Sticker Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People are allowed to be openly racist towards white people while we cannot do the same, other races are allowed to exclude while whites are forced to include, whites are guilted over things that happened centuries ago that they had nothing to do with while other people are told to hate us for it, affirmative action sometimes can deny white people of promotions and/or jobs, hate crimes seem only to happen when its white on colored, the media portrays white people as inherently racist, white people are not allowed to be proud of their race or culture lest we be called racist, I even got weird looks when I shaved my head, people called me a Neo-Nazi which I would take as racist, I see plenty of black men do it with no repercussions. If there is white privilege I don't get to see any of it, what divides people most is class.

Edit: forgot to include pic of me with my head shaved
haha me.jpg

Last edited:

The Last Stand

The earth is flat.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People are allowed to be openly racist towards white people while we cannot do the same, other races are allowed to exclude while whites are forced to include,
Hatred against one race to another shouldn't be tolerated, period. The anti-White rhetoric steams me as much as the negative Black stereotypes. Henceforth, using the "Boo hoo, I'm X, I SHOULD be able to open express my distaste of Y because Z..." doesn't help much either.

If there is white privilege I don't get to see any of it, what divides people most is class.
My thought process of "White privilege" comes from who is setting all those boundaries and labels. AFAIK, it's White people on the television, social media, corporations encouraging all this division.

I'm biracial so this affects me both ways.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think in certain situations yes. Bit limited situations and it’s very much individual. It doesn’t exist in the overarching sense it’s currently being meant though.
What they mean now is akin to a type of original sin - you’re damned and guilty simply because you’re white. Any achievements you have are because you’re white. You must feel guilty and atone. No black person had it better than any white. That is absolute bollocks
The truth is that privilege in the UK is overwhelmingly a function of class. It has been for a very long time now. If you’re connected and went to the right schools, you will most likely have an easier ride of it. That goes if you’re white or black or brown or Asian. Power follows money and influence, the globalists didn’t really care about skin colour. Their tribe is influence and money.
if you want a concrete example, take the Rotherham Muslim grooming gangs. White girls of 12-13 were derided as slags by the police and social workers, because they were of lower socioeconomic class. This would NEVER have happened with rich kids, and it would never have happened if most of the victims had been middle class white girls. It’s class that’s the privilege. The poor have no power. A white boy growing up in a slum in Mary hill has no privileges over a middle class Indian girl with educated engaged parents who goes to a private school.
It’s class that’s the privilege. But you can’t tak about it, everything has to be through the lens of race or gender, because if people start to realise their problems are imposed from above, then all hell lets loose. So divide instead. Boomer vs millenials, left v right, black v white. It’s all a con. Look upwards - the boot on your neck is t the white man, it’s the same bunch of people who e been running the place since 1066.
So I think it exists. But right now it’s being weaponised

Dialtone

Sticker Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hatred against one race to another shouldn't be tolerated, period. The anti-White rhetoric steams me as much as the negative Black stereotypes. Henceforth, using the "Boo hoo, I'm X, I SHOULD be able to open express my distaste of Y because Z..." doesn't help much either.
"Hatred against one race to another shouldn't be tolerated, period" is what got us to where we are now since it's vague and not quantifiable, it's almost like anyone can be labeled racist
for anything and the definition can be changed (sometimes literally) to fit whatever narrative you want to push.
:thinking:

All that matters it that people be decent to each other regardless of race color or creed, I was merely stating the double standard in place.

My thought process of "White privilege" comes from who is setting all those boundaries and labels. AFAIK, it's White people on the television, social media, corporations encouraging all this division.

As I said

what divides people most is class.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hatred against one race to another shouldn't be tolerated, period.
I agree - the problem is how you define it in law. Can you even do it in law?
If I hate another race (which I don’t, but let’s say I do) then is that a crime? Are hateful thoughts a crime? No I don’t think so. Are hateful words directed generally a crime? Again no. They are if it’s specific, ie ‘let’s kill person x or x race.’ But that’s already illegal. Is offence a crime? No it can’t be because it’s subjective.
So what should be outlawed? My view is discrimination and action leading to or likely to lead to harm and direct harm. Concrete actions.
Not hiring someone because they’re race x. Firing someone, refusing to allow access to services equally. Disallowing equal participation in society. Calling for the death of someone specific in a way that may lead to them being attacked. All that kind of thing. Those are unjustifiable. And they’re already illegal.

The problem with criminalising hate is how you do it. It’s almost impossible And it can lead you down some slippery slopes. In the uk now we have a combination of laws (hatecrimes, malicious comms and public order) that mean that people can be arrest for ‘hate’ that is stuff like saying trannies are men on Twitter, or teaching your girlfriends dog to do a nazi salute. The latter is dumb. It should it be a crime? I don’t think so. The offence only has to be percieved and thatS a very broad and ill defined area.
I guess you can’t legislate that people like each other. The best way to reduce racism and prejudice is to create a healthy society where people are treated with dignity as equals and have their rights upheld equally under the law. I genuinely think that the current demonisation of whiteness is driving racism. Civilisation is seeming pretty fragile just now.

crocodilian

K. K. K.an't Edit Posts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I think if a particular group of people make everywhere they live worse, to the point where "large volume of X people = dystopia" in over a hundred instances, prejudice against them is justified.

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TLDR: 99.99% of the shit that people whine about being examples of "white privilage" are literally just the inevitable results of one group being the vast majority of a country's population and having been historically almost the entirety of a country's population.

However, its kinda moot to point this out given those who are pushing this shit are doing so almost universally from a position of insincere clout/drama/asspat/grift chasing and thus are not bound by such boring concepts as "logic"

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
In any meaningful sense? No. Most of the "privileges" aren't really privileges at all.

For example, a shitty, racist policy like 'stop and frisk'.

It's not a privilage that white people are not harassed to the degree of blacks.

It's a simply a bad policy that needs to go...

The whole idea of privilage is kinda of a useless concept. It just turns into 'original sin' which shames people for virtually anything. The vast majority of complaints being out of their control.

So, it's completely unproductive other than allowing the pseudo "victim" absolved of responsibility...

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: MsStevieMarie

The Last Stand

The earth is flat.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree - the problem is how you define it in law. Can you even do it in law?
They are if it’s specific, ie ‘let’s kill person x or x race.’ But that’s already illegal.
Not hiring someone because they’re race x. Firing someone, refusing to allow access to services equally. Disallowing equal participation in society. Calling for the death of someone specific in a way that may lead to them being attacked. All that kind of thing. Those are unjustifiable. And they’re already illegal.
You basically answered your own question.

I don't agree with the concept that race alone should define one's character or ability to do something.

Another thing I don't understand is who and how is defined as "White?" The joke I hear is that Italians are not considered White, but why? Or Jewish people? By skin tone alone, you ARE Caucasian. And you're from Western Europe.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

bear halloween
kiwifarms.net
1. Whites being the current majority in the USA isn't a privilege. If majority status currently afforded some sort of meaningful leg up on anyone else, it would be a privilege, but it does not and in fact the excuse of "they enjoy majority status" has been used explicitly to undermine whites. That being said...
2. We both fucking know the majority status doesn't even matter. When (WHEN, not IF - it is looking like absolute certainty at this point) racial demographics change to the point where whites are no longer majority, there will not be a sudden "ok, since whites aren't a majority anymore we're going to stop trying to cut them off at the knees" from the usual suspects. (I in fact suspect efforts to undermine whites will intensify.)
3. You cannot and will not legislate hate and racism out of existence. You certainly will not make racism end by throwing racism at it. By now I would say a fair amount of racism directed towards blacks in particular is founded in extremely poor personal experiences with blacks and legitimate grievances with what appears to be mainstream black behavior. By the same token, I can accept that at least SOME anti-white racism might be founded on the same things with the colors inverted. None of this makes wide-sweeping racist assumptions helpful, but it provides important context. You don't solve problems by ignoring root causes.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another thing I don't understand is who and how is defined as "White?" The joke I hear is that Italians are not considered White, but why? Or Jewish people? By skin tone alone, you ARE Caucasian. And you're from Western Europe.

God yes, discriminating on race alone? Nah, not good. Society should be all for equitable opportunity.
Remember that there’s discrimination within Europe as well. Even in my lifetime there were ‘no blacks no dogs no Irish’ signs on some lodging houses (in that order, too.)
I dont like the idea of blanket white privilege because I think it’s not true but it also doesn’t encompass all the different prejudices people have. The English treating the Irish like shit. Northern Europe treating southern as inferior. Caste systems, tribal hatreds. The rich shitting on the poor. There’s a lot more to some groups keeping others down than blanket white privi
I think I grew up in a very narrow window (80s) where there was starting to be quite a mature and sensible attitude around prejudices - women’s rights were almost there, anti gay stuff was lessening, racism wasn’t cool. I see the sheer hatred and polarisation around now and I find it so depressing and dismaying. We were getting there, we were on the right path. Then we got badly derailed.

Richard Harrow

“Look, fat, look, here's the deal...”
kiwifarms.net
Blanket statements used to label entire groups of people are intrinsically wrong, both statistically and morally. Its a narrative used to pull down others to promote identity politics and intersectionality (instead of lifting oneself UP the easier route is to pull others BELOW). The implication that white people are inherently benefited by the color of their skin assumes there are no disadvantaged or undeserved whites or white communities.

soft kitty

1 negrate = 1 pet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The privilege of being discriminated against for having privilege? Yeah, no, being white is fucking awesome. I love being stigmatized for my race. I love being accused of racism constantly.

We earned that privilege by not being fuck-ups. If you want to fix the black community, fix their toxic fucking culture. A culture that glorifies ignorance, and abdicates parental responsibility; one that glorifies crime over law and order.

Yes, I have 'privilege'. Do you know why? Because my parents worked hard to put me here. That's the reward for working hard: your kids get a better life. If you want one, you have to work for it. That starts by following these easy steps:

1. Don't have sex outside of marriage
2. Don't have kids until you're married
3. Finish high school
4. Don't get divorced.
5. Obey the law.

In these 5 easy steps, you too can be successful.

Atomsk

Pirate King
kiwifarms.net
People have an unconscious bias in favor of those who look more similar to them so are you at a slight disadvantage for being a minority? Yes, I don't think it's even possible to deny that.
Is that anybody's fault? No and it doesn't account for much when it comes down to it.
The way white people in America treat minorities is a hell of a lot nicer than the way people in non-white countries do and it's not our fault that minorities aren't willing to go to a place where they wouldn't be a minority just because all those places are shitholes.

You see that Blaxit thing recently? African countries are literally asking Black Americans to come back but is anybody actually going to make the move? Hell the fuck no, that's how you know most of them are just using the race card and don't actually feel legitimately discriminated against, why would people who are being oppressed not take the opportunity to flee their oppressors?

Tags
None