Doesn't anyone care about US history at all anymore?

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
58 years ago today President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. Don't watch TV or read daily papers, but have seen nothing online commemorating the event. Has this already dropped off people's radar screens?

Same thing with V-E Day and V-J Day. Little about Pearl Harbor anymore.

Yet these events had a huge national impact, are in the history books.

Jesus H. Fucking Christ, people. "Those who don't learn their history will need to repeat it." I don't want to see any more Presidential assassinations or Pearl Harbors. Don't expect an orgasm of remembrance in the media, just some mention of the event.

Just one more reason today's mainstream media is so utterly worthless. To the GULAG with all of them. 🖕 🖕 🖕 🖕 🖕

Mealy Mouth Spittle

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They won't talk about the JFK assassination because then they'd have to explain why we still have to keep all those records sealed. If you believe the official story, the person who did it died a long time ago so there is no reason to keep all those files under lock and key. You could redact any sensitive info. Most witnesses are long gone, too. The only reason to keep it quiet is because there are state sponsored actors involved -- either American or foreign or both.

Pearl Harbor and things like that aren't important any more because we don't have very many WW2 veterans left (and they are all boomers, so who cares anyway, right?) so we don't feel we need to pay lip service to that. They also don't really want people thinking that people in the military have done heroic things anymore. Unless they are a troon, in which case they are totally brave and stunning and should be promoted stat. This is personally sad to me because my grandfather and his brother were Pearl Harbor survivors.

The less you understand about history, the easier you are to manipulate. You won't see the warning signs of real trouble coming if you don't understand the playbook. Power mad people will always exist. They study history to improve their techniques. Of course they don't want you to study history to perfect your resistance.

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember the day quite well. I was in 3rd grade. The teachers all left to meet, then told us to gather our things and that the school bus would we be taking us home immediately. Us kids had no idea what was going on, but several of the teachers were crying. I got off the bus and walked in the front door and found my mom sitting on the couch, crying and sobbing, with the TV on. All she could say is "They shot him, oh my god, they killed him!"

She loved President Kennedy. We had a picture of him on the wall of our home.

The next few weeks were very dark. We had to do drop, tuck and roll drills and hide under our desks every day at school. Everyone believed a nuclear war was about to break out. Very troubling times and one of the things from my youth I'll never forget.

DiscoRodeo

kiwifarms.net
I think theres really a few things with this.

The average person doesn't really care about history. In terms of society, I don't think that many people really are wired towards it, and that's not a recent thing. Saying that, I think that there are times where, wired or not, people do appreciate the subject of history and are taught about the importance of the field and of honoring where one comes from.

Id argue that theres a natural urge for people to get parochial, to cheer on "us vs them", to support a team. Relative to that, I think that parochial thinking has only increased. How that has affected history is that people will care about the parts of history (whether true or not) that support their worldview and team.

Its why so many people focus on the racial history of the US (even an inaccurate version of that), because their interest is in things that confirm their biases solely.

History is, hopefully, a field that acknowledges and attempts to stray away from it's biases. I don't really know where we are going, but if people's worldviews and the history they view is determined by some really, really naked biases based on inaccurate information- I don't think its anywhere well.

big ups liquid richard

kiwifarms.net
I remember the day quite well. I was in 3rd grade. The teachers all left to meet, then told us to gather our things and that the school bus would we be taking us home immediately. Us kids had no idea what was going on, but several of the teachers were crying. I got off the bus and walked in the front door and found my mom sitting on the couch, crying and sobbing, with the TV on. All she could say is "They shot him, oh my god, they killed him!"

She loved President Kennedy. We had a picture of him on the wall of our home.

The next few weeks were very dark. We had to do drop, tuck and roll drills and hide under our desks every day at school. Everyone believed a nuclear war was about to break out. Very troubling times and one of the things from my youth I'll never forget.
Jesus christ, that would make you around 66 years old.
For fucks sake.

Anyway, it is very clear that a lot of zoomers do not pay attention during civics because the zoomers here absolutely do not understand how our elections work.

LurkNoMore

kiwifarms.net
Liberal rot.

Most news and entertainment is geared toward leftists. Either of the self-hating white kind or the non-white foreigner.

The whites hate their ancestors for the sin of not worshipping the non-white.

The non-white foreigner either doesn't care about people who aren't their ancestors or they have bought into the progagnda of the first group.

America of today is vastly different then America of twenty years ago. Let alone sixty years. And the America in 2030 wont be even vaguely familiar.

Shamash

lawgiver, judge of gods and men, lord of the sun
kiwifarms.net
Most Americans are creatures of base instinct. They don’t care about their own history and have no idea how they ended up the way they are.

The (((powers))) on the other hand have a vested interest in keeping the public ignorant, for this reason history is rarely discussed or appreciation promotes except to demonize Whites and glorify blacks.

Last edited:

Henry V

kiwifarms.net
History in schools for the past 30 years has been more focused on Math and Science rather than history. The only history that was taught from Elementary to High School was focused on the American Colonies up to the civil rights movement. Even then it was heavily dumbed down and I don't recall being taught anything about John F Kennedy. When we took world history it was heavily dumbed down and really only talked about it in terms of general trends. I remember my father telling me about he learned about people like William the conqueror and we never even touched that. In more recent times it's taken a heavy focus on social issues and teachers give more opinionated takes on historical figures and events. I think people feel that they are above history and treat everything before 1970 as just a bunch of old people doing old things and that because we are civilized with technology, they don't matter anymore. People are developing mindsets and ideas like this that eventually end civilizations regardless of technological development. We are still human and no matter how you spin it we still require things that we did thousands of years ago. Maybe, if they read history they might see their future.