Doesn't anyone care about US history at all anymore?

Beautiful Border

kiwifarms.net
Pearl Harbor and things like that aren't important any more because we don't have very many WW2 veterans left (and they are all boomers, so who cares anyway, right?)
I hate to get all ACKSHUALLY on you but WW2 veterans aren't boomers. Boomers are the children of WW2 veterans, the name comes from the "baby boom" that happened after the end of the war. I really hate this trend of "boomer" turning into a synonym for anyone over the age of thirty.

Lokenstien

Ardent follower of Lo Key and his 12 Oracles.
kiwifarms.net
American education doesn't like to teach the art and humanities since those skills aren't as useful in the US style of capitalism. I was told from a pretty early age that a degree in history would be useless so I should just do something I hate and make money instead. Schools pretty much teach kids that the only successful careers can be found in math and science. It sucks because with proper history programs this US may not be suffering from such an increase in dumbasses lately.

Also thank you Joseph Stalin, the communist boogeyman, for caring so much about US history education.

Mealy Mouth Spittle

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate to get all ACKSHUALLY on you but WW2 veterans aren't boomers. Boomers are the children of WW2 veterans, the name comes from the "baby boom" that happened after the end of the war. I really hate this trend of "boomer" turning into a synonym for anyone over the age of thirty.
You're right. My dad is a boomer. My grandfather was the greatest generation. But kids today don't know this because, again, they don't know their history. And they don't care to know about it.

I blame a lot of it on social media. Social media encourages a hyperfocus on what is happening right this very second. It's a lot easier to manipulate the masses when you can distract them from thinking too much about the future or the past.

Constellationzero

MAPP gas huffer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was a high school/middle school social studies teacher. Left teaching.

Because they don't teach history. They haven't for YEARS now. And you're not allowed to teach it. Only thing you're allowed to teach is: Degenerate ghey shit, muh eleventy gorillion, and ONLY BIX NOODS were enslaved. ONLY BIX NOODS, get that other crap out your mouf.

My district had a general arrow of time. The arrow of time was blank save the years and major things like the Industrial Revolution, for example. It was up to the teacher to create curriculum to fit on the arrow of time. But here's some major problems explaining why you can't teach history anymore:

* SIP days, snow days, lockdowns eating into class instruction
* Bix noods shitting up your class. Most students cannot read at their grade level, or at all
* Same with the other races
* Bound by state law to teach JOO shit for a mandated minimum number of days
* Same with ONLY NIGGERS were enslaved, goy! ONLY NIGGERS
* PARCC
* DBQ instruction, including basic bitch English class shit that needs to stay in English class
* Fucking bell ringer assignments. In my building they were practically mandated
* The district no longer issues text books to take home. Yep, I had to LOCK THEM UP and re-distribute them each day

And so on and so on...

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can quote, but...

expand...
Jesus christ, that would make you around 66 years old.
For fucks sake.

Yeah, so? I got my Medicare. Good peg, I am 66. But I'll never grow up. Still working. Paying my taxes and trying to survive.

The only words I can offer here are... I love y'all. Seriously, all y'all. I understand the current doomsayers, but ya know what? When my happy old ass strokes out (whatever)... we tried.

Promise I won't run for President.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's quite embarrassing that the people of such a young nation have such a poor grasp of their relatively short history; after all, it's only 250 years of history to break down into 45 presidencies.

Imagine being a Chinese or Persian and having to learn thousands of years of unbroken national history and all those successive dynasties.

iNEEDthatMoney

kiwifarms.net
They won't talk about the JFK assassination because then they'd have to explain why we still have to keep all those records sealed. If you believe the official story, the person who did it died a long time ago so there is no reason to keep all those files under lock and key. You could redact any sensitive info. Most witnesses are long gone, too. The only reason to keep it quiet is because there are state sponsored actors involved -- either American or foreign or both.

Micheal Franzese, a former Mafia capo, gave a compelling argument that the mob took out JFK

This was second hand info given to him from older mob members when he was with the mob, but everything he said made sense.
He also talked about how the government not wanting to admit mobsters successfully took out the President, as it would make them look very incompotent.

He's a born again Christian & he served his time in jail, all the while refusing to snitch. He left the mob & they put a hit on him for that, but he still never testified against any of them.
A lot what he says carries weight on the JFK stuff & not just sensationalist clickbait gossip.

Last edited:

Fanatical Pragmatist

Bomber Harris Do It Again!
kiwifarms.net
I've noticed the opposite.
Now people don't seem to give a shit about wars, geopolitics, or specific discoveries and innovations as much, but holy fucking shit it's like you can't talk about anything without some fucking CRTard shoving in how "historically blacks/gays/womenz were excluded!".

It's quite embarrassing that the people of such a young nation have such a poor grasp of their relatively short history; after all, it's only 250 years of history to break down into 45 presidencies.

Imagine being a Chinese or Persian and having to learn thousands of years of unbroken national history and all those successive dynasties.
Listen, bigot, America began in 1619 when the first slaves came ashore, mkay?
(CRTards actually believe this)

big ups liquid richard

kiwifarms.net
Was a high school/middle school social studies teacher. Left teaching.

Because they don't teach history. They haven't for YEARS now. And you're not allowed to teach it. Only thing you're allowed to teach is: Degenerate ghey shit, muh eleventy gorillion, and ONLY BIX NOODS were enslaved. ONLY BIX NOODS, get that other crap out your mouf.

My district had a general arrow of time. The arrow of time was blank save the years and major things like the Industrial Revolution, for example. It was up to the teacher to create curriculum to fit on the arrow of time. But here's some major problems explaining why you can't teach history anymore:

* SIP days, snow days, lockdowns eating into class instruction
* Bix noods shitting up your class. Most students cannot read at their grade level, or at all
* Same with the other races
* Bound by state law to teach JOO shit for a mandated minimum number of days
* Same with ONLY NIGGERS were enslaved, goy! ONLY NIGGERS
* PARCC
* DBQ instruction, including basic bitch English class shit that needs to stay in English class
* Fucking bell ringer assignments. In my building they were practically mandated
* The district no longer issues text books to take home. Yep, I had to LOCK THEM UP and re-distribute them each day

And so on and so on...
Frankly I'm shocked that the school district let you go!

Yeah, so? I got my Medicare. Good peg, I am 66. But I'll never grow up. Still working. Paying my taxes and trying to survive.
I can't imagine the avalanche of bad decisions that left you in this state.

Kramer on the phone

the lolcow's advocate
kiwifarms.net
pretty much like everyone said, the immigrants, nogs, and kikes don't want it so we don't learn it. most jews know more about their 6000 year history (despite them barely being able to trace back their own origins 200 years) than about US history of 250 years. on the flip side when every state's circumlum has to be dumbed down so that the nigs can pass the state tests there is a pretty justifiable reason for that, i remember in honors class we got to basically chill in the 2nd half of our history class because the state tests don't mention anything past ww2 and its just basic history from 1900 onwards.

If you want to learn take an AP class is what most kids are taught, even honors its pretty clear that once you take the nogs out of the equation the stuff on the state tests can be learned in a quarter of the time most schools give.

Which is actually pretty crazy, the best part about US history is how it coincided with the rise of mass information, between the cafes and flyers and cheapness of printing presses, US history is as documented in real time as Christory. with tons of people giving their take on say the boston tea party or revolution as they hear of it happening.

the civil war battles were documented and reported at the same speed of pol happening threads. even issues such as blacks, jews, women, and immigrants had people with based and cuck opinions and hit pieces and bullshit being published all over. Like theres a reason most colleges have entire courses just on 50 year spans of us history with most reading being primary sources from the era, one of my biggest regrets is not being able to take the ones on modern history. half the semester was just on the 1950s and 1960s.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
American education doesn't like to teach the art and humanities since those skills aren't as useful in the US style of capitalism. I was told from a pretty early age that a degree in history would be useless so I should just do something I hate and make money instead. Schools pretty much teach kids that the only successful careers can be found in math and science. It sucks because with proper history programs this US may not be suffering from such an increase in dumbasses lately.

Also thank you Joseph Stalin, the communist boogeyman, for caring so much about US history education.
Some US history I read about, some US history I was there for. Yeah, I care.

Power Ranger Monster

kiwifarms.net
Regarding Kennedy, one of the things is 58 years isn't that much of a milestone. Give it the next two years and people will return to giving it more notice.

That and I subscribe to the theory that the driver did it.

Erich Honecker

General Secretary of Dance Dance Revolution
kiwifarms.net
Contrary to the shitposting of Europeans, the USA actually has a very interesting history even in just a few hundred years. However you suffer from the problem that the entirety of your history is built out of colonialism, which is absolutely not in vogue to teach about in any positive way right now.

The UK actually suffers from a similar problem in that we have the same people here trying to take a big ol' shit on any Imperial era figures they can, so long as they can find a way to link them to the horrors of slavery, or doing some mad shit in India. But the UK, unlike the US, has a much longer history to draw on which is not "problematic" to the progressive book-burners in quite the same way. You can teach about the English Civil War, Henry VIII, many wars with France, the Norman period, the Anglo-Saxon period, Viking invasions etc, without ever having to touch on the neverending conversation about "muh African slaves" and "muh colonalism". There's also the element of just having a much longer historical tradition and so it's harder to torch the memory of any English king or middle-ages political figure that has already had centuries of reasoned debate on their rights and wrongs.

I think eventually the utter obsession with "slavery/colonialism bad" will end and people will move on to obsessing about some other part of history. But the worry is if the obsession will pass before they manage to successfully tear down every statue and tarnish every record of any American individual or organisation with a slight connection to those "original sins". In Europe, the damage will not be as great, but in the US this is your entire history. And the people who want it tarnished literally do want, eventually, to cancel the very founding fathers of the USA too, due to what they see as the irredeemable sin of slave-owning. The idea that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson might one day be viewed as irredeemable villains in the American historical consensus is depressing to me, even as a European.