Culture DOJ reportedly preparing antitrust probe of Google -

SmileyTimeDayCare

kiwifarms.net
another mom and pop business trampled under the trump regime..
Unintended consequence of going after Amazon and Google could be damage to modern mom and pop businesses that have learned to do business with and through Amazon and Google.

I guess that's fine because once a company gets dealt with they never come back bigger and badder OH HIGH AT&T! You own everything now do ya? Okay.

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net
This is now a Bull Moose thread. A Square Deal for all Americans!!
View attachment 780256
Yes, just so much yes.

Trump, you beautiful bastard. I guessed a couple weeks ago that with the Russian Collusion bullshit being utterly destroyed, that trump would set his sights on more important things. With his largest threat to his presidency being dealt with.

Tear Google to pieces, and give each and every fucking cunt in charge there jail time. If there is ever a time to smash an ant with a sledgehammer, the time is now. And it doesn't matter how much of an over-sized, sneaky, slimy fuck of an ant you are, Alphabet. When that hammer comes down, you'll crunch and splat like anyone else.

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
Does this mean Google is no longer a useful extension of the government's will? I remember they left Google alone back in the day because they were taking the government's money for giving them user info.
I think it's more the other way around, Google has done as much as it can reasonably do with the west in general, theres a perfectly good market in China at least 5 times bigger. I mean look at the biggest tech/games companies in California, all are making a move on China now. The West is tapped out, it's maximum saturation, almost everyone only uses their shit, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter/Insta. There's no competitor. Blizzard's Vice President said they moved all their best and brightest over to mobile. Games companies are trying to get their characters licensed into those Chinese Rip Off games.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
Does this mean Google is no longer a useful extension of the government's will? I remember they left Google alone back in the day because they were taking the government's money for giving them user info.
I would say there is data alphabet is refusing to give them, although I doubt it is out of altruism, more likely they want to keep it for themselves.

I like that this is something we can all get behind - regardless of political leaning, everyone agrees google has to be put down.

One of the baby alphabets that gets sectioned off of Google's bloated corpse can be comprised of only the people who were okay with making Chinese Censorship Google and they won't have the pesky encumbrance of coworkers who find bringing 1984 into reality to be mildly distasteful. On that note how many of the baby googles will become majority owned by the Chinese government?

Iwasamwillbe

Rational Big-Brained Deep-Thinking Philosopher
kiwifarms.net
If this is true, if this is real.

Then Alphabet Inc. is about to learn that Karma is a real fucking rapist. And, like so many others, it's going to rape Alphabet Inc. with its gigantic African Donkey Kong penis.

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
I pity any investigators who need to go to the company and ask the staff anything. It'll be like walking into the aftermath of a pride parade crahing into the monkey house at the zoo.
I was thinking that same thing. Imagine being the $43k/yr earning FBI analyst who has to sit down with that troon who thinks he's an armless snake girl :( Breaks my damn heart on behalf of them.

I hope the guy who recently wrote that internal memo about the political landscape inside google turns states witness and just shits all over them from a great altitude.

I pity any investigators who need to go to the company and ask the staff anything. It'll be like walking into the aftermath of a pride parade crahing into the monkey house at the zoo.
"We had some issues with Google Maps while trying to navigate our way to the Google campus. We were successfully able to navigate to the address but when we arrived it seemed we had wandered into an assisted living facility for the mentally disabled."

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
I was thinking that same thing. Imagine being the $43k/yr earning FBI analyst who has to sit down with that troon who thinks he's an armless snake girl :( Breaks my damn heart on behalf of them.

I hope the guy who recently wrote that internal memo about the political landscape inside google turns states witness and just shits all over them from a great altitude.
The latest revelation from the lawsuit is that Google allowed an employee that identifies as “a yellow-scaled wingless dragonkin” as well as an “expansive ornate building” to give a talk entitled “Living as a Plural Being” at a company event.
How can you even begin to deal with that level of crazy? Make American Mental Instituations Great Again.

LordKaT

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What we need is to have Alphabet and Google broken up. Force Google to separate into search, android, ads (mobile/traditional). Break alphabet until into individual units after you take care of Google.

After that, we need decades of oversight on every new company spawned from the breakup.

Sadly, I really don't think this is going to happen.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino